Lets hear your 2024 collecting goals!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I no longer need the Rose, Pryor, Baylor/Winfield, Sutcliffe, Rudi.

When I get home tonight I’ll sit down and work out a proposal.

Thanks,

Jay

To find 2 or more of these…

2006 finest moment 1/1 mantle cards. There are 140 of them

Attachments

• IMG_6337.jpeg
    IMG_6337.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 4
1) To get back into the hobby after 16+ years away.
2)To trade with all the people I used to trade with here all the time and meet new people to trade with.
3) To complete my 75 Topps set and decide if I want to be sadistic and start the mini set.
4) To start filling in the years I missed by completing 2-3 Topps flagship sets between 08-23)
5) Actually inventory everything I have to make trading easier.. (common theme I bet)

2)To trade with all the people I used to trade with here all the time and meet new people to trade with.
3) To complete my 75 Topps set and decide if I want to be sadistic and start the mini set.
4) To start filling in the years I missed by completing 2-3 Topps flagship sets between 08-23)
5) Actually inventory everything I have to make trading easier.. (common theme I bet)
Nice goals and welcome back. If you decide to build the “missing years” I’ve got lots of dupes and in some years full sets…

I can probably help you out with completing your '75 set. I just completed mine and have plenty of dupes.

Needs are listed on my site. Thanks for reaching out
I have the attached. I'm just a rook at grading cards, so I thought it better to send some pics. Hope they help. The Gibson has some slight corner wear, and the Pinson a slight crease, which is visible in the light. The others are pretty clean. Let me know what you think.

IMG_20240308_194904356.jpg

My goal is to continue take a huge dent in my Bowman's Best Quest. Here is my issue: each year Bowman's Best comes out and I fall that much further behind, plus each year they add 200 cards to the overall set (usually an additional color - 2020 year had 1585 cards; 2021 1814 cards; 2022 2064 cards and 2023 2224 cards.)
In essence each year I fall behind by 2200 cards. So my goal is to get 200 Bowman's Best cards (that I need) per month so I can stay barely ahead of the next year.

Bill

I am usually pretty good at completing the goals I set but last year I feel that I was horrible at this. The dramatic increase in the price of vintage items is really putting a damper on some of my goals. So my goals for this year will mimic my ones from last year for the most part.

1) I would like to pick up 3 of the remaining 5 cards for my 1971 Topps set. I only picked up one from last year and it is still not in my hands (waiting on COMC to fill my order!!). As most of you know, finding cards from this set in higher condition is getting harder and harder. And the prices keep going up. I just refuse to get cards that are not around exmt condition. I have been working too long to settle for lesser condition cards. Out of the 5 that I need, 4 of them are a little pricey. Aaron, Banks, Mays and the Baylor/Baker rookie. The other 1 is a high number.

2) I would like to finally complete my 1975 Topps mini set. Down to 4 cards remaining on this one. Munson, Ryan, Yount and the Mantle/Wills MVP card are all I have left. I WILL COMPLETE THIS ONE THIS YEAR!!

3) I would like to cut my 1970 Topps needs in half. looking to pick up a little over 100 cards for this one but as usual, those high numbers can be difficult to find and they are pricey!!

4) I would like to cut my 1960 Topps want list in half. I am down to the last 48 cards and as usual when it comes to these vintage Topps sets, a majority of them are the high numbers. This one is going to be tough. But the National show is in Cleveland this year and I am hoping that I will be able to get some of these there. Fingers crossed, hopefully they will be somewhat affordable

5) And lastly, I will continue to try and pick up cards to help other collector's on here out. I like to believe that I am fairly good at this one. I go to a show or a shop at least once a month and take some people's want lists with me. This is beneficial to both of us in my opinion. I can get cards someone wants and then i trade those for ones that I want. It is kind of nice when everything works out in the end.

I will try and keep everyone informed as to how I do.

Great thread!!

Bryon
The goals are not going as well as planned. I have only picked up about 20 of the 1970 cards so I am still looking to pick up another 80 or so. I have not gotten any of the 1971 Topps so I am still 5 short on that one. I did get 2 of the 4 1975 minis. Just need the Yount rookie and the Ryan and that set is finally done. And I have not gotten any of the 1960 Topps cards.

But on the brighter side the national is in Cleveland this year and barring any unforeseen circumstances I will be attending.