Hello from a Newbie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meliah

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Just wanted to take a sec and introduce myself to all here. My name is Colin and I'm from the Chicago area. I collected baseball from 1980 until 1992 then college made it hard to keep up the hobby financially and timewise. Over the last ten years I was content to be an autograph hound but I've started collecting baseball cards again. This time around though I will be content to collect a few of my favorite players instead of trying to collect ALL the stars around(with so many sets out there now it's insane). I'm collecting Prior,Wood,Henderson(Mr. Northern League), Patterson, Choi and Forsberg. My web site is getting closer each day to being complete to help make trades easier for both parties.
I look forward to doing lots of trades in the future to help our respective collections. This looks like a great site and I hope to be able to add a little something to it.

One question though--What are these bench points I see listed in profiles?

Welcome to aboard, great to have you here!!!!!!!!

Bench points is our very own feedback system from completed transactions.

Happy Trading,

Hello and Welcome!!!

Great to have you here. We share the same collections as I was about 1980-1992 and then took up the charge about 2000 again to start up the wheel again. I already have a jump on Corey Patterson bit have already acquired some doubles and can help with your collection.

Do not hesitate to ask questions as you have over a thousand peeps eager and waiting to respond.

Troy

Colin,
Welcome to The Bench! There are many similar stories to yours, mine included! :D

You've come to the right place. This place is the perfect spot to find those missing cards in your collection. Somebody has 'em, you want 'em. Simple as that.

Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything.

Jason

Colin, Matt, Brokaw, Nyman, whoever you are,

Welcome to the Bench and we all hope you enjoy your stay here.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask any mod. :D :D

Have you figured out what bench points are yet?
Anyway, welcome to the site ..... although you seem strangely familiar.
Thanks,
Lee

Howdy

Welcome aboard
You will enjoy it here on "THE PINE
So let the tradin begin
Welcome new old buddy or is it new old buddy
Chieftazmisty

I think this is one of the wierdest current post I've seen so far. I thought it was a joke until I saw the post date. What a flashback :)

PS - you sure did ascend to the top quickly, you must be a pretty cool guy :cool:

Todd

Last edited:
Funny and strange to read my welcome post there, thanks Legacy:) Amazing to see how much my collecting habits have changed in 5 years though I couldn't be happier with the direction they are taking now.

Funny and strange to read my welcome post there, thanks Legacy:) Amazing to see how much my collecting habits have changed in 5 years though I couldn't be happier with the direction they are taking now.

Yea, its amazing how much we change over the years. You know me, always pulling back a random old post so people can reflect.

Once I get unpacked here, Im gonna put up a few posts to get rid of all my non-base topps sets so I can concentrate on MTG again.

See ya around

Legacy

Yea, its amazing how much we change over the years. You know me, always pulling back a random old post so people can reflect.

Once I get unpacked here, Im gonna put up a few posts to get rid of all my non-base topps sets so I can concentrate on MTG again.

See ya around

Legacy

You sapped me of all my Magic cards but I might be interested in what you're getting rid of. Let me know and maybe we can work out something:)