PDA

View Full Version : Explain Your User Name To Us (Just For Fun!)

Loyalty32
09-03-2007, 12:20 AM
This may have been done here at one point or another, but I don't remember it seeing anywhere. Please let us know what your user name means or where it came from! This should be something fun and interesting!
(It will also help us learn a little about our members!)

Thanks
Craig

I'll go first..........

Loyalty - Loyalty is VERY important to me in my life. To be honest, it is something that has avoided me at times. I actually have "Loyalty" tatted on my right forearm.

32 - Back in the day when pagers were popular that was my code so people knew it was me when I was paging them

There you have it: Loyalty32

caribbeankid92
09-03-2007, 12:22 AM
I was thinking about making a post like this :).

Caribbean:I had just came back from a cruise and was missing the nice warm weather of the Caribbean and thought it sounded cool.

Kid:Well I am...:).

92: I was born in 1992.

Ben

soxfan2004
09-03-2007, 12:34 AM
actually, I think this was posted before but its a cool topic so I dont mind explaining again-

soxfan- I'm a Red Sox (not White Sox) fan

2004- "Foulke... underhands to first... and the Boston Red Sox... are the World Champions!" - still gives me goosebumps

there you go :)
Mason

whitesoxfan
09-03-2007, 12:41 AM
i think mine pretty much speaks for itself whitesoxfan. Always been my favorite sports team of all time, living 30 minutes from the stadium and have been to about 100 games the last 3 years alone

mrmopar
09-03-2007, 12:44 AM
The short version is I dealt with a guy on Beckett back around 96-97 with this handle. I liked it, so I used it when I registered for ebay (especially since I like the old 60s/70s Mopar muscle cars). Later on, I found out the original Beckett user was no longer registered, so I took it there as well. Now I use it everywhere I need an ID if it's still available.

Ironically, cards are my #1 passion, yet I have a car related handle. Cards are more affordable than cars though.

Fatboycards
09-03-2007, 12:53 AM
fatboycards
At one point i weigh 330 lbs down now to 270.Still fat but working on it .lol

packbypack
09-03-2007, 01:11 AM
packbypack
I used to always buy my cards one pack at a time instead of being smart and buying boxes so my username is derived from the fact that I used to (and still sometimes do) buy my cards pack by pack.

chieftazmisty
09-03-2007, 01:13 AM
fatboycards
At one point i weigh 330 lbs down now to 270.Still fat but working on it .lol

i am very proud of you randy
that is a great job and hope you get down even more to about 220 lbs
i was in the same boat after all my knee operations and weighed 320lbs now i am down to 235 and going for 200 or 210
keep up the good work randy
chief

mrhaverkamp
09-03-2007, 01:16 AM
When not collecting cards and toiling in the corporate world, I enjoy a round of golf. While many sports fans can usually quote lines from the film "Caddyshack", only true connossieurs can relate to the more obscure references; like my Bench handle. It's the name of the elderly gentleman who tells his wife, "that's a peach, hon" after a non-descript golf shot. I named my yahoo fantasy golf team (in a league organized by a Bench member), "Woo I'm hot today", from another line that the character exclaims in the film. -- Jim

mrmopar
09-03-2007, 01:17 AM
Of course, weight goes with height as well. I could stand to lose a few pounds myself at 290, but I am 6'5" too. Fresh out of bootcamp I weighed in at 205 (my lightest adult weight) and I looked like a pole!!

saulriverafan52
09-03-2007, 01:32 AM
Here's mine....

saulrivera (favorite pitcher)
fan (fan of saul rivera)
52 (saul rivera's number)

mj23bullsfan
09-03-2007, 01:43 AM
well, like most of you all on here, my username derives from:

mj = Michael Jordan (huge fan of him, also my main personal collection)

23 = MJ's number, plus i've got two daughters both born on the 3rd day of their birth month (and now i can say my grandson was born on the 2nd day of his birth month) plus Ryno's retired number, plus Hester's number

bullsfan = i've been a huge Bulls fan since mid 70's, loved the A-Train, and Stormin Norman and the Human Ball Hog Reggie Theus, lol. and then, wooooooo hooooooooo, we drafted Sam Bowie, ......... oh wait, that was the team before us, lol, meant to say Michael Jordan 8-)

keeprolen
09-03-2007, 01:44 AM
My Username revolves around me being a Phillies Fan. I joined this card site (second one i ever joined, joined scf first, glad i call this one home) When Scott Rolen had turned down our contract extension and was traded to STL. I liked rolen so my screen name was keep rolen, which could also be though of as keep rollin', as in keep going with trades and other such activities. Anyhow a few years later im glad we didnt "keep Rolen" because we Signed Jim Thome which was ultimately the turn around of the franchise to at least be competetive.

Looks like after this year ill be changeing my SN to KeepRowand ;)

bzickefoose1
09-03-2007, 01:45 AM
Good topic! Sadly my answer is not as interesting. I wasn't planning on using this site as much as I do, so I registered using my college user name.

It continues to haunt me.

Doc Dave
09-03-2007, 02:00 AM
Mine's pretty boring: I'm a history professor named David. Doc Dave. BUT the "Doc" part was also a grade school nickname (stemming from having the first initials of M.D.), and "Doc" has something of a baseball heritage.

I wonder if "Luscious Lola" wouldn't have gotten me more trades, though....

Loyalty32
09-03-2007, 02:05 AM
I'm really enjoying this thread folks! Let's keep it going!

chieftazmisty - Did you forget to explain yours on purpose?

Thanks
Craig

Taliasen
09-03-2007, 02:26 AM
Taliasen - A character name from a Steven R. Lawhead Trilogy. Depending on which Arthurian legend you believe, Taliasen was either Merlin's father, or another teacher to Arthur who worked under the direction of Merlin.
Tim

The real challange is for someone to figure out what the characters in my sig are/mean! :D

giants1249er
09-03-2007, 02:36 AM
Mines is very simple....I'm a San Francisco Giants and 49ers fan and I was born on the 12th.

worldwideed
09-03-2007, 02:40 AM
I just hit me one day and I thought it was a fun play of words since my name is Ed.

Randy, hang in there. I've rebounded some too. It's a battle everyday.

jflan702
09-03-2007, 07:26 AM
Well, compared to everyone, mine is pretty boring. First name initial and first part of my last name. 702 is a random number that I found when I set up my Yahoo mail account. I used this SN on every site that I signed up for to keep it easy.

Great thread and still waiting for your story chief.

Chavezforprez
09-03-2007, 07:49 AM
Mine of course is for Eric Chavez. Although after I made the handle for almost every site that requires one, I realized I had forgot about Hugo Chavez in Venezuela, which many people don't like him. So now, everytime I'm playing yahoo spades or any other game on that site, everyone assumes that I'm Hipanic and that I'm lobbying for him, or they start calling me every name in the book you can think of for a hispanic person, which then gets me mad, because my wife is Mexican and I start going off on them about how ignorant they are and that they have no clue about what they are talking about. Then I have to explain that Chavez is the 3rd basemen for the A's and then they still continue to go on about hispanics and in my head I'm wishing I could punch them in the face through the computer, because I'm so irrated at their remarks........Calm down Billy, this was suppose to be about our screen name handles, lol....Sorry everyone, sometimes I stray from the topic at hand.

I like this topic, it was a cool one to bring up!

Billy

cardcollector01
09-03-2007, 07:50 AM
To tell you the truth, cardcollector01 was the first thing that popped into my head when signing up for this site. No real meaning to it at all!

Robbie

bfd13
09-03-2007, 08:40 AM
Mine comes from my college intramural football team name. One of the guys decided to call us the bfd's. I ended up being one of the better players on the team, so everybody called me bfdave. 13 is my lucky number, so I combined to two for bfd13.

bill1968
09-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Here goes mine.

bill - my name
1968 - I drive a 1968 Chevelle convertible

bblair_2002
09-03-2007, 09:14 AM
B - First initial
Blair - Last name
_ - Has no meaning,it's just an underscore
2002 - Year I started trading online

murph3
09-03-2007, 09:25 AM
murph-i took mine from my favorite player growing up. dale murphy was, and still is the nicest guy in and out of baseball, and the first real player i collected cards of, but back then it was only about 10 different ones a year, nowadays it is infinity
3-dale murphy's number, what i used to wear in every sport i could

yoyo
09-03-2007, 09:42 AM
My life and my mentality is full of ups and downs, so what's a perfect description of that?

deaconblues63
09-03-2007, 09:43 AM
deaconblues = Steely Dan Fan
63 = last two digits of the year of my birth

Michael

porkchops
09-03-2007, 09:45 AM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa274/alienporkchopscards/446781781_4797d8993e1.jpg
;)

Tim Carroll
09-03-2007, 09:48 AM
It was a warm summer night in July, 1978. The Carroll family had rushed to the hospital, for a new Bench member was on his way. The head nurse spoke up, said "leave this one alone" - she could tell right away...... that I was bad to the ........Sorry, lost track. The doctor spanked my behind, and asked, "What shall his User ID be?" My father looked into the doctors eyes with a very solemn expression and said: "TIM. AND HE SHALL BE CALLED TIM CARROLL."

And that was that. I've been called Tim Carroll ever since.;)

Tim

Trader Rich
09-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Mine would seem pretty obvious, but actually when I was a buyer for fresh produce one of the people I bought from said I should have been a horse trader.
He started calling me 'Trader Rich'.
I always liked the name so decided to use it as my username.

chieftazmisty
09-03-2007, 10:30 AM
[QUOTE=Loyalty32;1327957]I'm really enjoying this thread folks! Let's keep it going!

chieftazmisty - Did you forget to explain yours on purpose?

Thanks
Craig[/QUOTE
no it is going to get on here in a bit i just wanted to compliment fatboycards on lossing his weight

Cam9191
09-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Cam- nickname for Cameron

9191- my birthday numbers (Sept. 1- 91, 91-birth year)

uglyrad1
09-03-2007, 10:51 AM
ive used my name on millions of other sites. it started as rad1 but someone already had that name so an alternative that site found was uglyrad1 and it sounded cool!

p.s.- im not THAT ugly!

aimlessolive
09-03-2007, 11:08 AM
In a previous job, I used to visit bored.com quite often. One site on bored.com was about anagrams - scrambling letters of one word or phrase to make another. At the time, I was setting up a new Yahoo account because of the overabundance of SPAM being rec'd in the previous one. In looking for a new ID, I typed in "I Love Melissa" on the anagram site. (Melissa is my wife.) aimlessolive was my pick of what was created. I use it as my ID with almost everything that requires one.

The End :D

nevermore
09-03-2007, 11:33 AM
"nevermore" - never again

I grew up collecting cards as a kid, and stopped for a while back in 1995 thinking I would never again (nevermore) collect them. However, I started collecting back in 2003 and here I am 4 years later still going at it. I guess I chose the name because it was ironic. BTW, I am not fan of Poe, or the band by that name.

robert326
09-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Pretty straight forward...my name is Robert and I was born on March 26. :) I use this username for many things so when I registered on the Bench, I picked it so it would be easy for me to remember.

cadets68
09-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Cadets68

My high schools mascot was a cadet. So we were called the Cadets. My football uniform number was 68.

My high school merged my senior year and the name changed. At the new school I wore 72 not 68. But as a tribute I still use 68 for my screen name.

So there it is - Cadets68

Shawn

Big Daddy
09-03-2007, 12:54 PM
I am an overweight father of 3. BIG DADDY!

Spiff
09-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Calvin and Hobbes fan growing up.

aimlessolive
09-03-2007, 01:11 PM
I think I like Big Daddy's the best thus far. LOL.

JJLevitsky
09-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Taliasen - A character name from a Steven R. Lawhead Trilogy. Depending on which Arthurian legend you believe, Taliasen was either Merlin's father, or another teacher to Arthur who worked under the direction of Merlin.
Tim

The real challange is for someone to figure out what the characters in my sig are/mean! :D

I can read it but I cant translate it...... One of these days I will figure it out.

As for my name - very boring. First and middle initial with my last name. Wasnt very creative at the beginning. Would be using Green_Monster now if I had any creativity but oh well......

Thanks,

Jeff

timfsu2k
09-03-2007, 01:51 PM

I've actually googled that and tried to figure it out, with no luck. I assume it's Hebrew?

Anyway, no mystery on my name. Signed up for Yahoo fantasy football back in 2000, so there's the 2K. Tim is my first name, and I'm a big Florida State fan....so timfsu2k!

jamesngin
09-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Jamesngin-

James- My name
n- country and (im from the ky)
Gin- Ginny my fiance

I use it everywhere i can lol!!

caribbeankid92
09-03-2007, 02:22 PM

Its something like.

Sha-kal, Sha-ves, ho-dah ?

That is what 5+ years of hebrew school should teach me...:)

Ben

yankeefan21
09-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Cool idea

ian_kell
09-03-2007, 02:33 PM
Ian- My name

Kell- short for Kelly my grandads surname!

Loyalty32
09-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Keep them coming folks!

Taliasen
09-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Yes, it is Hebrew. VERY close here! The last word is Ya-ho-dah. Translation: Lion of the Tribe of Judah. For anyone that does not know, Hebrew is read right to left, there are no vowels and no connecting words like "of" and "the." So literally it is Lion Tribe Judah. It also take a little over an hour to get this as a back tatoo inbetween the shoulderblades! :)
Tim

Its something like.

Sha-kal, Sha-ves, ho-dah ?

That is what 5+ years of hebrew school should teach me...:)

Ben

robert326
09-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Yes, it is Hebrew. VERY close here! The last word is Ya-ho-dah. Translation: Lion of the Tribe of Judah. For anyone that does not know, Hebrew is read right to left, there are no vowels and no connecting words like "of" and "the." So literally it is Lion Tribe Judah. It also take a little over an hour to get this as a back tatoo inbetween the shoulderblades! :)
Tim

Vowels are dots and dashes underneath letters in contemporary Hebrew (I believe called a dagesh and patach?)...classical Hebrew does not have these. :D Even the connector "and," which is written by a single letter (vav), is added to the front of a word and does not usually stand on its own.

Just curious, does the tattoo have the vowels added?:p

springerdeals
09-03-2007, 05:06 PM
springerdeals

my name isn't springer, but spring, yet people for some reason tend to think springer has a nice ring to it.

plus, i hate going by brant (my 1st name) 1) because it sucks and 2) people have a hard time picking it up when i introduce myself, so i usually go by springer.

i'm a pitcher in college (when healthy) and a common reference to pitching well is dealin'. not to boast, but i tend to deal quite often when on the mound, so my teammates nicknamed me "the dealer" and everyone knows that "springer deals."

ta da - springerdeals

Loyalty32
09-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Nice!

Taliasen
09-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Vowels are dots and dashes underneath letters in contemporary Hebrew (I believe called a dagesh and patach?)...classical Hebrew does not have these. :D Even the connector "and," which is written by a single letter (vav), is added to the front of a word and does not usually stand on its own.

Just curious, does the tattoo have the vowels added?:p

WOW, very impressive! :eek: No, the tat just has the classical Hebrew characters. :D
Tim

Mark Wing
09-03-2007, 06:17 PM
I used my own name because
1) I already owned markwing.com
2) It saves me from having to include my username with trades
3) People who know me from trade groups whose members use their real names will recognize me.
4) I didn't want to pick something that didn't make any sense to me after a while.

Mark

pac_rat_76
09-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Mine is simple! I like to open packs and save things that I really have no need for (got that from my grandma)... so pac_rat just seemed to fit. The '76 is the year I was born.

bsatttu
09-03-2007, 07:14 PM
BS - my initials... among other things :)
atTTU - I came up with this while I was at Texas Tech University.

Also read as BS@TTU

Jeffo65
09-03-2007, 09:18 PM
jeffo65

First name Jeff
Year born 1965

Added the "o" because I have been called "Jeffo" as a nickname

cpl0311
09-04-2007, 05:26 AM
For those of you out there who know, I don't need to say it. But for those that have never served I'll keep it simple.

CPL - something that took me a very long time to get and I gave a lot for it. The rank of Corporal in the USMC.

0311- this is simple, every Marine is trained to be one of these, but only the really lucky ones are called (03) INFANTRY (11) RIFLEMAN.

Semper Fidelis, Always Faithful

sgbt4
09-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Nice topic and fun to read. Here's mine

Scott (me)
Gina (my wife)
Brett (my son)
Tyler (son #2)

And if I've done the math correctly, that makes 4 of us ;)

Had to come up with something that I could remember.

SGBT4

daktion
09-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Daktion- My nickname from high school is Dak (because of all the youngsters here I won't go into what dak means). About ten years ago I lived with 3 guys in a giant four bedroom house (it was the ultimate party house) anyway, one night I was going out on a date and one of my roomies said, "Dak's going to get some action tonight" then another said "and she's going to get some Daktion!" And everyone called me daktion after that. When I signed up for AOL, DAK was already taken so I chose Daktion.

smt1192
09-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Mine is pretty simple

SMT- Stephen Matthew Taylor
11- I was 11 when I made my first email address, and I used it for other sites evr since.
92- The year I was brought into this earth on a cold Chicago January day.

slavlite
09-04-2007, 01:07 PM
SLAVLITE- Way back in 1994 a Bunch of my friends and I fell in love with the band Phish, One night we were all discussing getting personalized Liscense plates with names of our fav Phish songs, My Favorite Phish song at the time was "Slave to the Traffic Light" The only way I could shorten it to 8 letters and fit it on a plate was slavlite.

Nate_jm
09-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Mine is simple
Nate- nickname (real Name Nathan)
JM- Wifes initials Jessica Marie

OriolesFan8
09-04-2007, 02:05 PM
OriolesFan - 8 (Ripken, my favorite player).

Wish I'd picked a better tag, but I can live with it.

Now I gotta put my brown paper bag back over my head (:o )

Todd

moose2438
09-04-2007, 02:10 PM
Well, I've never COMPLETELY even figured out mine.

Moose - Nickname that came into play in Junior High, stuck to me by a 7th grade social studies teacher...way back when, Johan Hedberg used to play for the Pittsburgh Penguins. (He's a goaltender, for all those who know nothing about hockey.) Anyways, I used to love this guy...he had a moose on his helmet. So my social studies teacher started to call me "Moose" and it just went from there.

2438 - I have no idea WHATSOEVER where these numbers came from. My best guess is that they just were randomly assigned to me somewhere...now it sorta makes sense because "38" is Jason Bay's number...but the 24, I have no idea. So, it's probably just random numbers.

I wish I could have piced better numbers though...or at least tweak it now. I'd make it somewhat different...probably no more numbers.

scottzoe
09-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Mine is fairly common....It started 10-12 years ago as an AOL screen name and now I use it for all my online accounts
Scott= me
Zoe = the woman in my life at the time..(Isn't she adorable?)
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h104/scottzoe/zoe.jpg

sepul1
09-04-2007, 02:50 PM
sepul, is a shortened version of one of my favorite bands sepultura.
the 1 is just added as an extra.
ive actually had this name on other sites and internet since 1998.
long time

soxfan445
09-04-2007, 02:53 PM
soxfan: I was more of a White Sox fan when I chose my username, but it could apply to both Red and White. It's hard not to be a Red Sox fan when you live close to Boston.

445: Combination between the numbers of two of my favorite players at the time: Billy Koch (44) and Pedro Martinez (45).

Regards,
Mike

Meliah
09-04-2007, 03:12 PM
SLAVLITE- Way back in 1994 a Bunch of my friends and I fell in love with the band Phish, One night we were all discussing getting personalized Liscense plates with names of our fav Phish songs, My Favorite Phish song at the time was "Slave to the Traffic Light" The only way I could shorten it to 8 letters and fit it on a plate was slavlite.

Always wondered what the heck yours meant:)

slavlite
09-04-2007, 03:31 PM
LOL, Matt it confuses just about everyone I know, it has been my username on most sites since 1994

Brodeur182
09-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Brodeur182 was a moniker I made up almost 10 years ago. New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur was my favorite athlete at the time (and still is) and Blink 182 was one of my favorite bands at the time (NOTE: I was in middle school and dumb). When I signed up here in 2002, I have no idea what made me choose this as a Username. This is the only site I've used it on in years, and if I could, I'd get rid of it lol.

John

DONNYBB35
09-04-2007, 03:50 PM
DONNYBB35

I grew up in Long Island and loved Mattingly..Still do!! Hence DONNYBB
35 is my 2 sons B-days added together...

CPL0311....OOH-RAH

andrewcstein
09-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Wow. I learned a lot on here :)

If you need me to explain my user name, you've probably been drinking too much.

-Andrew

packbypack
09-04-2007, 04:14 PM
I can read it but I cant translate it...... One of these days I will figure it out.

As for my name - very boring. First and middle initial with my last name. Wasnt very creative at the beginning. Would be using Green_Monster now if I had any creativity but oh well......

Thanks,

Jeff

Same for me, I can read it but I have no idea what any of it really means.

chieftazmisty
09-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Always wondered what the heck yours meant:)

when are you going to tell us about yours mr meliah
chieftazmisty

Meliah
09-04-2007, 04:25 PM
when are you going to tell us about yours mr meliah
chieftazmisty

About the same time you tell yours:p

chieftazmisty
09-04-2007, 09:46 PM
About the same time you tell yours:p

ok mr meliah
i am doing mine tommorrow night at 10.00 pm when will you do yours
chief

Loyalty32
09-04-2007, 09:49 PM
The drama builds..........

chieftazmisty
09-04-2007, 09:57 PM
The drama builds..........

let the play be written out for all to see
who how they got their user names
chief

Meliah
09-04-2007, 10:00 PM
ok mr meliah
chief

I guess I'll do mine at 10:01 PM tomorrow then:)

Jeffo65
09-04-2007, 10:04 PM

I know, I know, I know! But I won't say. :)

At least I think I know where it comes from. :D

spahnandsain
09-04-2007, 10:07 PM
When not collecting cards and toiling in the corporate world, I enjoy a round of golf. While many sports fans can usually quote lines from the film "Caddyshack", only true connossieurs can relate to the more obscure references; like my Bench handle. It's the name of the elderly gentleman who tells his wife, "that's a peach, hon" after a non-descript golf shot. I named my yahoo fantasy golf team (in a league organized by a Bench member), "Woo I'm hot today", from another line that the character exclaims in the film. -- Jim

Not trying to be a jerk but, It's "Oh golly, I'm hot today". Great thread, mine comes from "Spahn and Sain, Pray for rain".

robert326
09-04-2007, 10:33 PM
ok mr meliah
chief

I've set my alarm clock already.:D

chieftazmisty
09-04-2007, 10:37 PM
hey mr meliah
you better do your around 10.30 it will take me that long to write it all down
later
mr chieftazmisty

Meliah
09-04-2007, 11:02 PM
I know, I know, I know! But I won't say. :)

At least I think I know where it comes from. :D

A quick search will get you the name I bet but not why I choose it and what it really means:)

mintman2
09-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Another not so exciting name here. When I joined ebay back in 1998 I wanted to be known as the MINTman, only selling quality items. Someone else already had that id so I made mine mintman2 (pretty creative huh ? the second mintman). And to be consistent I use this id everywhere. If you see the mintman somewhere it's probably not me, but if you see mintman2 most likely it IS me.

bigalbert
09-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Hey I've used the same handle on most sites on the web. I am 6'3" 300 ibs and named AL so therefore the bigalbert, bigalbert2332 and bigalbert(Redeemed by Christ). :D

royalsfan
09-05-2007, 01:13 AM
Mine is very simple. The Royals are my favorite team and have been for years. Hence the name Royalsfan. Kinda boring isn't it.

Jeffo65
09-05-2007, 07:17 AM
A quick search will get you the name I bet but not why I choose it and what it really means:)

Search, I didn't need to do a search. I actually can remember back then. But, I do not know WHY you selected it.

chieftazmisty
09-05-2007, 09:38 AM
hey mr meliah
you better do yours around 10.30 it will take me that long to write it all down
on my user name where it came from
later
mr chieftazmisty

hey mr meliah
dont forget tonight at 10:30 to put write how you can explain your user name i should be done with mine by then
later
mr chieftazmisty

Fatboycards
09-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Tom yours is easy its means I AM FOR EVER A BENGALS FAN!!!

chieftazmisty
09-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Tom yours is easy its means I AM FOR EVER A BENGALS FAN!!!
hey mr fatboycards
just dont forget tonight at 10:00 pm
boy that was hitting below the old bread baket
lol
hey mr fatboyscards
there is another post in general talk you might want to read
later
mr chieftazmisty

chieftazmisty
09-05-2007, 10:13 PM
ok mr meliah and everyone else this is how it became chieftazmisty
in a previuos life, i was a great war chief of the souix indians called crazyhorse. when i was a truck driver my cb name was super chief
now the havin 7 children, 5 son and daughter on laws, 9 grandchildren, 2 great grandchildren, 3 dogs, e parakeets, 1 cockatel, 20 goldfish.qualifies me a chief of my tribe. hence the chief part of my user name.

taz was the name of one of my two favorite pets. he was a 110 pound rottweiler, a gentle giant loveable and pleasant puppy until he heard his magic wordthen he was the baddest of the bad. when we had to put him to sleep after having him for 15 years it was a sad day for me . so in his honor i took taz as the second part of my user name, hence chieftaz

the third part came from my other favorite pet misty and she was a mystery all by herself. her and taz became the best of buddies and partners in crime . on what one didnt think of the other did. they were a team . when we brought misty home her and taz became inseprable from the get go. so when we had to put taz to sleep she lost her best buddy also so that is why misty became the third part of my user name hence the user name
of

chieftazmisty
thanks to all for reading
the chieftazmisty

robert326
09-05-2007, 10:17 PM
ok mr meliah and everyone else this is how it became chieftazmisty
in a previuos life, i was a great war chief of the souix indians called crazyhorse. when i was a truck driver my cb name was super chief
now the havin 7 children, 5 son and daughter on laws, 9 grandchildren, 2 great grandchildren, 3 dogs, e parakeets, 1 cockatel, 20 goldfish.qualifies me a chief of my tribe. hence the chief part of my user name.

taz was the name of one of my two favorite pets. he was a 110 pound rottweiler, a gentle giant loveable and pleasant puppy until he heard his magic wordthen he was the baddest of the bad. when we had to put him to sleep after having him for 15 years it was a sad day for me . so in his honor i took taz as the second part of my user name, hence chieftaz

the third part came from my other favorite pet misty and she was a mystery all by herself. her and taz became the best of buddies and partners in crime . on what one didnt think of the other did. they were a team . when we brought misty home her and taz became inseprable from the get go. so when we had to put taz to sleep she lost her best buddy also so that is why misty became the third part of my user name hence the user name
of

chieftazmisty
thanks to all for reading
the chieftazmisty

Very nice. And it has nothing to do with being a Bengals fan (or even a Steelers fan)! Thanks Chief! -R.

Meliah
09-05-2007, 10:31 PM
In 1988 I found this album called Kill to Survive by a band out of Boston called Meliah Rage. Never heard of them before but I knew they were my kind of music after seeing the cover--

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b179/meliah/Banner/cover--killtosurvive.jpg

In a magazine interview once they explained the name. Meliah was supposed to be what an Indian tribe (forgot which one) called a ritual of theirs. They would stay up all night before a battle dancing and singing to build up for the fight the next day. Other than that interview I have no confirmation if that is really true, I have looked but never was able to find anything else on the name before.

Thought it was an unusual name and I liked it so I have used it for anything I've signed up for--unless the name was already taken. Meliah is used on Ebay so I'm MeliahMetal, on an old online gamed called The Realm I was the character Entombed, sometimes I am Viking Burn like on Runescape currently. I remember when I first was on Beckett a lot of people thought that Meliah was a girl's name:p

cadets68
09-05-2007, 11:07 PM
Meliah,

I am now affraid of you.

Bizarre album cover, yet when you saw it, you quote "knew they were my kind of music". I will have nightmares when I go to sleep after seeing that cover.

And to think that band never made it big.

I am kidding of coarse, but still a little scared.

Shawn

Meliah
09-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Meliah,

I am now affraid of you.

Bizarre album cover, yet when you saw it, you quote "knew they were my kind of music". I will have nightmares when I go to sleep after seeing that cover.

And to think that band never made it big.

I am kidding of coarse, but still a little scared.

Shawn

Come here and give me a hug you scaredy cat:p

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b179/meliah/Animal%20Pics/helloweenie.jpg

chieftazmisty
09-05-2007, 11:30 PM

no that is really scary glad i dont live near by you . i wouldnt go to you house trick or treating . you would scare the hell out of me
chief

chieftazmisty
09-05-2007, 11:34 PM
In 1988 I found this album called Kill to Survive by a band out of Boston called Meliah Rage. Never heard of them before but I knew they were my kind of music after seeing the cover--

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b179/meliah/Banner/cover--killtosurvive.jpg

In a magazine interview once they explained the name. Meliah was supposed to be what an Indian tribe (forgot which one) called a ritual of theirs. They would stay up all night before a battle dancing and singing to build up for the fight the next day. Other than that interview I have no confirmation if that is really true, I have looked but never was able to find anything else on the name before.

Thought it was an unusual name and I liked it so I have used it for anything I've signed up for--unless the name was already taken. Meliah is used on Ebay so I'm MeliahMetal, on an old online gamed called The Realm I was the character Entombed, sometimes I am Viking Burn like on Runescape currently. I remember when I first was on Beckett a lot of people thought that Meliah was a girl's name:p

hey mr meliah
i will try and find out for you what tribe that was but a lot of indians use to dance all night before a big battle to get support from the great spirits.andwill see if i can find their album up here in the new englan states for you also
your buddy
chieftazmisty

Meliah
09-05-2007, 11:38 PM
hey mr meliah
i will try and find out for you what tribe that was but a lot of indians use to dance all night before a big battle to get support from the great spirits.andwill see if i can find their album up here in the new englan states for you also
your buddy
chieftazmisty

I have the album but thanks Chief:)

This will be the first year I'll be able to have trick-or-treaters since I finally have a house. The wife is already trying to get me to tone it down so we don't scare all the neighbors:D

chieftazmisty
09-06-2007, 12:25 AM
I have the album but thanks Chief:)

This will be the first year I'll be able to have trick-or-treaters since I finally have a house. The wife is already trying to get me to tone it down so we don't scare all the neighbors:D
meliah
no problem
but i will find out about the tribe of indians for you there is a place from brown university about 1 mile from where i live that is all about indian lore it is really neat and maybe i can find out for you
later
chief

robert326
09-06-2007, 07:58 PM

Wow, are those goatee braids? Very cool! :D You do look a lot like my cousin from NJ.

I used to have a lot of hair and beard...this was with some colleagues at college in December '03 (just before my graduation); I'm the one who's seated with arms out:
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/robert326/Family/120-2032_IMG1.jpg
Unfortunately, I got a job as a paralegal a few months after, and the dratted attorney made me look "normal." I donated the hair to locks of love. He canned me a month later anyway. Working as an O.R. administrator now, nobody gives me a hard time about hair except for jealous bald colleagues.:eek:

This was a few weeks ago while on vacation in downtown Cleveland: http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/robert326/Family/Cleveland.jpg
I wish the hair could make a real comeback but it only grows out now. So at best, I'd look like Disco Stu or a sleazy 70's phys ed teacher. Enjoy!

Meliah
09-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Disco Stu rocks:p

chaddie84
09-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Wow. There are a ton of clever names. I was able to guess on a few of yours!

Sadly, my username is just my name followed by my birthdate.....lame...

kunox04
09-06-2007, 10:25 PM
I was totally stoked to read chieftazmisty's explanation after reading the first six pages! :) My username isn't nearly so interesting, just a play on how my buddies have always pronounced my last name and the year I graduated high school. But I sure as heck wouldn't trade it for your username! :D

slavlite
09-07-2007, 10:59 AM
You call that a beard Robert!!! I am on the Left with the bandana!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/slavlite/Pics/Weiners2.jpg

Loyalty32
09-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Now that is a beard! I bet that hurt to shave off!

robert326
09-07-2007, 09:29 PM
You call that a beard Robert!!! I am on the Left with the bandana!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/slavlite/Pics/Weiners2.jpg

yeah you got me beat for sure! Interesting how this thread was once about how we got our user names...now it's about facial hair we've grown over the years!:D

Meliah
09-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Now that is a beard! I bet that hurt to shave off!

My guess is that picture is current and he still has ole Mr. fuzzy face:p

mrmopar
09-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Since we are sharing pics...here is one main reason why I am mrmopar...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/mrmopar/cuda.jpg

And keeping with the beard theme (although now gone from my face)...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/mrmopar/dadmike.jpg

cadets68
09-07-2007, 10:58 PM
Am I the only person not to have facial hair? I could not do the long beard in my career. Maybe the neatly trimmed, but never the braided stuff. I am in investments and it is very conservative.

Shawn

YankeeBob63
09-08-2007, 05:20 PM
YankeeBob63

1. I'm a N.Y. Yankees fan
2. My name is Bob
3. I was born in 1963

I originally signed up here in Nov. '02 with the user name "NYJeterFan", but for various reasons switched to my current handle in June '04. Hall of Fame Bench member BOSOX48 actually tagged me with the name "YankeeBob" in one of our many trades over the years.

...and I don't have a beard, just a simple conservative goatee. My workplace doesn't allow "unbusinesslike" appearances.

Maybe we should start a new thread: "Post your ugly mug"

:p

chieftazmisty
09-08-2007, 05:30 PM
YankeeBob63

1. I'm a N.Y. Yankees fan
2. My name is Bob
3. I was born in 1963

I originally signed up here in Nov. '02 with the user name "NYJeterFan", but for various reasons switched to my current handle in June '04. Hall of Fame Bench member BOSOX48 actually tagged me with the name "YankeeBob" in one of our many trades over the years.

...and I don't have a beard, just a simple conservative goatee. My workplace doesn't allow "unbusinesslike" appearances.

Maybe we should start a new thread: "Post your ugly mug"

:p

hey yankee bob
i would go for that. of course it would be a toss up between meliah and legacy for the winner of the ugly mug with fatboycards and loyalty would run a close second:eek:
chieftazmisty

slavlite
09-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Beard is still intact, I was thinking of goping back to a goatee, but after 12 straight years of having this thing on my face, I couldnt do it!

robert326
09-08-2007, 07:10 PM
hey yankee bob
i would go for that. of course it would be a toss up between meliah and legacy for the winner of the ugly mug with fatboycards and loyalty would run a close second:eek:
chieftazmisty

Hey, what about me? :) I've only seen Meliah of the ones you listed. But in my book, they're all winners.

Loyalty32
09-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Be nice to the hairy people out there!

BiggioDiogu759
09-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Mine is easy. Figure it out yourself.

YankeeBob63
09-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Mine is easy. Figure it out yourself.

I can guess this one. You collect Biggio and Diogu and you were born July 1959. :eek: :D

P.S.
The link to your website in your signature is invalid.
The "B", "D" and "F" need to be lower case in the URL for the link to work properly.
/BiggioDioguFreakman759

;)

OriolesFan8
09-09-2007, 08:50 PM
Am I the only person not to have facial hair? I could not do the long beard in my career. Maybe the neatly trimmed, but never the braided stuff. I am in investments and it is very conservative.

Shawn

Don't worry, I'm beard envy also. I grew a mustache in my mid twenties (my grandmother, God rest her soul, told me once that if I ever grew one, she would come back and haunt me, had something to do with her mild well placed hatred for my Dad's stache) - my sister-in-law told me to use mascarre to fill in the gaps, and my wife told me that it looked good from across the room, that's when I buzzed it and gave up. If I ever have the guts to grow a beard, I figured I get laugh at even more.

Todd

remster
09-10-2007, 06:40 AM
Love all the stories.

Mine is an easy one for music fans

R.E.M. is my favorite band. A bunch of us used to go to their shows and collected all the vinyl releases. We were heading to a show in Mass. and some said "Hey, we're like a merry band of remsters"

crash
09-10-2007, 07:02 AM
Mine is pretty easy...it was a nickname I got at an old job

Doc Dave
09-10-2007, 08:32 AM
Mine is pretty easy...it was a nickname I got at an old job

What was the job? I hope you didn't drive a cab....

remster
09-10-2007, 12:53 PM
What was the job? I hope you didn't drive a cab....

Or he fell asleep at the job.

chieftazmisty
09-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Or he fell asleep at the job.

maybe he did both

dbackfan12
10-02-2007, 01:30 AM
Simple I am a Dbackfan and I made my account when I was 12 bu now I am 13

yankeefan1988
10-02-2007, 02:02 AM
Mine is simple:

Obviously I am a yankee fan (and a dodger fan, but nevermind that...)
Most people probably think 1988 is for the year but it isn't. I was born July 19, 1988 (I didn't put in the 7, it doesn't really look that great)
Another reason to choose 1988, it was probably one of my father's favorite year (and a lonely one as well; he celebrated the dodgers world series by himself) I am very close with my father so I pretty much dedicate it to him.

valediction
10-02-2007, 07:11 PM
Mine came from the John Donne poem A Valediction: Forbidding Mourning.

nexus8793
10-03-2007, 01:42 AM
very metaphysical. My English major friends would certainly appreciate that,-
Addison

Loyalty32
10-21-2007, 12:45 AM
Anyone else want to share?

Eaglesfan99
10-21-2007, 02:46 AM
i love the eagles even though they are killing me this year..and i graduated high school in 1999.

pretty simple

ffman
10-22-2007, 09:47 PM
ffman:

My other main hobby apart from cards is video gaming. One of my favorite video games series is Final Fantasy; hence 'ff'man.

AUTaxMan
10-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Auburn fan + tax attorney

dadofandrew
10-22-2007, 10:58 PM
I am Dad of Andrew...used it as my aol name and I stuck with it.

chaplain11
10-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Well....this thread has been enlightening to say the least. I was thinking about this exact thread over the weekend as I was stuck behind a truck that had the license plate CHKCHSR. I thought to myself what does that mean and it got me wondering why people have personalized license plates. That lead me to ponder about user IDs and what some of them mean. So...with that being said here is what mine means.

The first part, chaplain, was taken from my desire to become a chaplain in the army when I first enlisted 11 years ago. I used it in all of my user IDs as a way of reminding myself of the life I need to live. I know that I will never become one but I can help guide young Soldiers (anyone in general but that is who I have the most contact with) in my own ministry through God's word.

The second part, 11, was my baseball, softball, water polo, whatever number since I was in highschool. Every team that I play on that is my number. I picked that because of a girl in my middleschool that had leukemia. She was an angel. 11 was her number on the soccer team. She died while we were in highschool and soon after I changed my number to 11 and kept it ever since as a tribute to her. Even now-a-days when I play a sport that is what I request.

Kind of goofy I guess but hey.
Dewayne

worldwideed
10-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Well....this thread has been enlightening to say the least. I was thinking about this exact thread over the weekend as I was stuck behind a truck that had the license plate CHKCHSR. I thought to myself what does that mean and it got me wondering why people have personalized license plates. That lead me to ponder about user IDs and what some of them mean. So...with that being said here is what mine means.

The first part, chaplain, was taken from my desire to become a chaplain in the army when I first enlisted 11 years ago. I used it in all of my user IDs as a way of reminding myself of the life I need to live. I know that I will never become one but I can help guide young Soldiers (anyone in general but that is who I have the most contact with) in my own ministry through God's word.

The second part, 11, was my baseball, softball, water polo, whatever number since I was in highschool. Every team that I play on that is my number. I picked that because of a girl in my middleschool that had leukemia. She was an angel. 11 was her number on the soccer team. She died while we were in highschool and soon after I changed my number to 11 and kept it ever since as a tribute to her. Even now-a-days when I play a sport that is what I request.

Dewayne
Dude, I'm choking 'em back. :(

uglyrad1
10-23-2007, 10:21 PM

Dewayne

That's an awesome story! It's great that you carry that memory of a close friend.:) :) :)
Christian

Butch
10-24-2007, 02:24 PM
Butch

My name, easy to remember (now if I can remember my own PW to the site Im set LOL)

chaplain11
10-24-2007, 10:10 PM
I am not as creative as some people but it means something to me. If ever you are on a site and see chaplain11 drop them a line as more than likely it is me.:)

Dewayne

tmac2303
10-24-2007, 10:19 PM
mines kinda boring and simple. tmac, jordan, & iverson are my favorite basketball players ever! so there in is my username, tmac(tracy mcgrady), 23 (jordans jersey #), and 03 (iversons jersey #). that way i have all three of my favorite basketball players of all time in my name

Myerburg311
10-31-2007, 09:47 PM
Myerburg is what my friends from high school call me cause my last name is myers and 311 is by the far the best band in the world

Ellis Shoe
10-31-2007, 11:33 PM
Well, if you say my name fast a few times you will get the name of the college that I pull for and am a die hard fan of.

William

BiggioDiogu759
11-01-2007, 08:17 PM
LOL. Thats a good one.

PogoCards
11-02-2007, 12:29 AM
Pogo was the name of my dog when I started trading and you know what Cards stands for.

BiggioDiogu759
11-02-2007, 09:51 AM
I thought you liked Pogosticks.

BiggioDiogu759
11-02-2007, 11:57 AM
I can guess this one. You collect Biggio and Diogu and you were born July 1959. :eek: :D

P.S.
The link to your website in your signature is invalid.
The "B", "D" and "F" need to be lower case in the URL for the link to work properly.
/BiggioDioguFreakman759

;)

No...Keep guessing.

hades
03-18-2008, 09:29 PM
i got mine from a proboards site, when you get so many post times the forum gave a god rating, friends were taking names like zues, apollo, so i went with hades, now most friends just know me as hades so i stuck with it here so they can find me easier

lep1010
03-18-2008, 09:49 PM
mine is probably as boring as they come -

lep - last 3 letters of last name ...also my basketball nickname in h.s and college

1010 - my birthday

casket
03-18-2008, 09:57 PM
Mine is a CB handle from 40 years ago........it was much better than Cool Carl.....LMAO

mario1296
03-19-2008, 05:51 PM

FINALLY!! Out of all the usernames on here, 'slavlite' always made me wonder what the heck it was supposed to mean.

What a great topic.

mario = me
1296 = my 'badge' number when I joined my fraternity in college (it meant I was the 1,296th member initiated into the fraternity).

I use it everywhere except Beckett...I have (had?) the username there too, but when I updated my OPG subscription a couple years back, I was still logged in as 'refractorfan' and it's stuck since then on Beckett. Kinda sucks 'cause I like refractors and all, but 'refractorfan' is a lame name.

Myerburg311
03-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Guess mine, Guess mine.

How many times are you gonna make people guess in this thread?

mario1296
03-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Love all the stories.

Mine is an easy one for music fans

R.E.M. is my favorite band. A bunch of us used to go to their shows and collected all the vinyl releases. We were heading to a show in Mass. and some said "Hey, we're like a merry band of remsters"

It'd be cooler if you just told people you were a Jerry Remy fan.

Remdawg = cool
R.E.M.= notsomuch

Kidding (mostly).

BiggioDiogu759
03-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Guess mine.

Meliah
03-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Guess mine.

What's to guess? Two player names and some numbers.

entersandman
03-19-2008, 06:37 PM
Mine is simply because I love this song!:D

mrdixon21
03-19-2008, 06:39 PM
my name haha

Brads55
03-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Brads55 - Brad (my first name) and 55 (is the year of my hot rod 1955 Chevy Bel-Air 2 Door Hard Top with a 327 bored to a 344).

So Brads55 is talking about my Shoebox Classic!

Aloha Everyone! Brad

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd194/Brads55/55Edited.jpg

BiggioDiogu759
03-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Cool story Brad.

otgoal
03-19-2008, 07:48 PM
When I was signing up on another site, I wanted to use something in relation to my favorite team (see avatar).
I thought of Bobby Orr's overtime goal that won the Stanley Cup in 1970.
When I came to the bench, I used the same name.

mort
03-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Mort - Short for my last name of Mortimer. That's a nickname that seems to find me. Doesn't matter where I went ... high school, college, different employers ... people would start calling me 'Mort' without any prompting.

philsnation
03-20-2008, 10:54 AM
i hated all the red sox nation so i made it philsnation (phillies nation)

David K.
03-20-2008, 09:36 PM
No mystery here! First name and first letter of my last name! Best regards, David

uglyrad1
03-20-2008, 10:48 PM
Brads55 - Brad (my first name) and 55 (is the year of my hot rod 1955 Chevy Bel-Air 2 Door Hard Top with a 327 bored to a 344).

So Brads55 is talking about my Shoebox Classic!

Aloha Everyone! Brad

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd194/Brads55/55Edited.jpg

Let's all take a ride on the Hawaiian Chick Magnet!:p Lol! Sweet looking car Brad! I'll bet there are some jealous people over on the islands!;)
Christian

JammingJames23
03-20-2008, 11:11 PM
Mine's pretty obvious: LeBron James is #23 and he likes to jam!

Brads55
03-21-2008, 12:46 AM
Let's all take a ride on the Hawaiian Chick Magnet!:p Lol! Sweet looking car Brad! I'll bet there are some jealous people over on the islands!;)
Christian

Vroooom Vroooom! Lets go! Thanks by the way! Not too many of these beautys here on the island! Aloha, Brad

quota
03-21-2008, 01:21 AM
One day I was trying to register on beckett and every name I typed in was taken. I said to myself I've had my quota for the day. So I tried quota and it worked. Pat

siksyko
03-21-2008, 01:27 AM
Mine came from a book on horror movies, they kept on using the name sicko psychos to name the killers in the movies so I shortened it to SikSyko, that was 19 years ago. I still have some old programs I wrote tagged with the name for 89.

abncal
03-21-2008, 01:34 AM
I'm in the military... my first duty assignment was the 82nd Airborne Division in 1997... I was just getting into using the computer and what not and decided on "abncal"

abn = Airborne
cal = Callahan (my last name)

Has nothing to do with trading, sports or cards, but it's a name I've used my entire "computer" life w/ emails, screen names, and such!

capo4JC
03-21-2008, 05:07 PM
I don't think I've posted what my sn is yet.

capo4JC

I play guitar, and a capo is the little thing you put on the neck of a guitar to change the key. JC is Jesus Christ. I play in the praise band at my church for our contemporary service, and primarily play contemporary Christian music and use the talent that He has given me for His glory. So you can say that I play guitar for Jesus, or use my capo4JC.

Shepherd
03-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Well, my nickname, Shepherd, fits because I do youth work at Church...However, the name actually comes from the Movie, Fletch, where Chevy Case is asked what he does for a living and he replies, "I'm a shepherd".

There you go!

Shep

elbobman
03-27-2008, 02:20 PM
I used to be called thebobman. When I was a kid the first word out of my mouth was bob. Everybody thought I was retarted because I said the word in response to everything. Don't know why I did it, I just did. So my parents nicknamed me the bob man. A while back the bob man handle was taken on yahoo. And while every body else called me Six 8 (my height) it was a retarded handle for an online name. So I picked the masculine version of 'the' (el) in the spanish language because it's the language I was becoming more and more fluent in during my highschool years and went with elbobman (thebobman). And I really hate to say this Matt (Meliah), but I gotta tell you honestly, when I first started talking about a trade with you, I thought you were a woman because of your handle. LOL, it was a common mistake I mean c'mon. LOL. Anyways, it's interesting to hear some of the names of the people I've been trading with this last month and a half. Keep it going people, this is great.

J.R.

BiggioDiogu759
03-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Very cool stories!~

sgbt4
03-27-2008, 02:39 PM
I don't think I've posted what my sn is yet.

capo4JC

I play guitar, and a capo is the little thing you put on the neck of a guitar to change the key. JC is Jesus Christ. I play in the praise band at my church for our contemporary service, and primarily play contemporary Christian music and use the talent that He has given me for His glory. So you can say that I play guitar for Jesus, or use my capo4JC.

I like it. :D My oldest son plays guitar in our church P&W band. My wife plays keyboard, my youngest son drums, and I lead or backup other leaders. Got to say it is awesome to have my entire family involved.

LOL ... I had assumed capo was some type of military abbreviation.

Scott

Panzram
03-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Mine comes from Carl Panzram, who was a serial killer. I'm big on horror movies and serial killers.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Panzram

BulldogBray
03-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Mine is just my college mascot and my last name.

Bulldog: I got to Alan Hancock college and plan to go to Fresno state

Bray: My last name...

elbobman
03-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Panzram...you have officially freaked even me out LOL

J.R.

DaNotoriousNIC
03-28-2008, 12:14 AM
in about middle school a few of my buddies started calling me N I C since i have no k in my name, come high school it turned to The Notorious N.I.C. after the rapper The Notorious B.I.G., just started using this name after some online game i was playing didnt have enough room for one letter so hence the Da, so now i just always use it and am known in many online games as just dano

d2003ex
03-28-2008, 01:24 AM
Boring but here goes

D= Divorced ...Yr 2003...I'm an EX..

Total....d2003ex.
Dale

siksyko
03-28-2008, 11:48 PM
Mine comes from Carl Panzram, who was a serial killer. I'm big on horror movies and serial killers.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Panzram

Cool another horror movie freak :D

BiggioDiogu759
06-25-2008, 05:38 PM
Lets get this going again.

titan777
06-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Hi Partners.
My nick Titan777 come from My town baseball team named Titanes of Florida. Florida is an small town in the north of Puerto Rico and the 777 is the perfect number, I use in my player softball uniform the 77 I'm XL but the league don't accept more than 2 numbers. Good luck guys.
Thank you and have a nice trade!!
Pete

Meliah
06-25-2008, 08:47 PM
I used to be called thebobman. When I was a kid the first word out of my mouth was bob. Everybody thought I was retarted because I said the word in response to everything. Don't know why I did it, I just did. So my parents nicknamed me the bob man. A while back the bob man handle was taken on yahoo. And while every body else called me Six 8 (my height) it was a retarded handle for an online name. So I picked the masculine version of 'the' (el) in the spanish language because it's the language I was becoming more and more fluent in during my highschool years and went with elbobman (thebobman). And I really hate to say this Matt (Meliah), but I gotta tell you honestly, when I first started talking about a trade with you, I thought you were a woman because of your handle. LOL, it was a common mistake I mean c'mon. LOL. Anyways, it's interesting to hear some of the names of the people I've been trading with this last month and a half. Keep it going people, this is great.

J.R.

Just noticed you thought I was a girl, no wonder you were being so nice to me:p :D

philsnation
06-25-2008, 08:50 PM
i hate all the red sox nation crap so its philsnation

mindbinge
06-25-2008, 09:07 PM
I started mindbinge.com years ago...at one point it was pretty cool..had over 10,000 active members...was a lot of fun...i ended up going in a different direction and didn't have time anymore for it, so I gave it to one of my friends to keep it going...it's still around but not as big as it once was. I don't even visit there much anymore myself.

Bronxbombers7
06-25-2008, 09:45 PM
mines, pretty obvious.
Bronxbombers- i'am a Yankees fan.
7- a few things my favorite number, and my favorite all-time Yankee. (i'm only 18, so i obviously have never saw him play, but as kids we used to just pick old timers we would be and i was always Mantle. lol.

mm1sub
06-25-2008, 09:58 PM
My wife made the name mm2sub when I was a second class machinest mate in the Navy. I am a submariner so she said to use mm2sub. I made first class and became mm1sub.

jrchoholic83
06-25-2008, 11:05 PM
jrchoholic: this part was an abbreviation for my screen name on AOL back in the day, it is short for Jerichoholic, which is what my favorite wrestler "Lionheart" Chris Jericho called his fans.

83: 1983, my year of birth, so technically I should be an Orioles fan, and a Raiders fan, 1 out of 2 ain't bad, GO RAIDERS!

holliday4mvp80
06-26-2008, 08:08 AM
holliday= Favorite player Matt Holliday

4mvp-Because he was robbed of the mvp last year

80= Birth Year 1980

indigo27
06-26-2008, 10:25 AM
Indigo is a derivative of blue, my favorite color, which incidentally, is also the color of my favorite team, the Dodgers.
27 is the number of one of my favorite Dodgers ever, Kevin Brown.

philsrule2635
06-26-2008, 10:33 AM
phils- meaning the phillies, rule- meaning phillies are amazing, 26- the greatest player in the the mlb(chase utley),35- cole hamels number

waltbfree
06-26-2008, 10:35 AM
Played hoops in a Sunday league and mostly hung out by the 3-point line and hoisted bombs. My name is Walt so they dubbed my Walt B. Free in honor of another long range bomber World B. Free (formally Lloyd Free).

philsrule2635
06-26-2008, 10:39 AM
holliday= Favorite player Matt Holliday

4mvp-Because he was robbed of the mvp last year

80= Birth Year 1980

nice name, i love the phillies and matt holliday is my favorite player so last years mvp was a win-win for me.

gregbara
06-26-2008, 10:56 AM
It's my real name.

BiggioDiogu759
06-26-2008, 11:19 AM
Cool stories. Keep them coming.

Gassman92
06-26-2008, 12:05 PM
well mine is kind of simple. My last name is Gassner and im a guy. Also I kind of got the name during cross country season freshman year on how i "repersented" myself in visiting locker rooms. lol!. also i was born in 1992 so that gets the last part.

imthegrinch
06-30-2008, 04:20 PM
i like dr suess's the grinch who stole christmas

Matt
06-08-2010, 01:32 AM
Ummmmm

My name

baberuth#3
06-08-2010, 03:57 AM
I figured when making a user name, I should pick a favorite player that will always be a favorite so I picked Babe Ruth and #3, his jersey #, just to make it look more professional, I guess. I used this name on another trading site so I wanted to keep it when becoming a member here.

LEGACY
06-09-2010, 02:25 AM
Simple:

I am a Legacy

and its from my Favorite Band's album

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/legacysden/legacybrutality.jpg

besides that: Spam WHore wasn't invented yet

Legacy

hatesgoats
06-09-2010, 06:40 AM
Could it have to do with Mr Siannis' pet? You bet !

Ellis Shoe
06-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Maybe I should bump my reply to this one myself as I got a trade a couple months ago addressed to Ellis Shoe lol