PDA

View Full Version : Results and comments from the New England Bench Golf Tournament

chieftazmisty
07-19-2009, 01:12 AM
To all who have posted on the thread about the Golf Tournament. This thread I will be posting the results and like all who had participated in it to leave any comments about it good or bad. I am also thinking about Having the tournament again next year . Anyone thinking about playing next year just keep this in mind. Would like to see some more Bench members partcipate.

I want to thank personaly to everyone who played in it. For making it a great day and fun filled. I enjoyed meeting everyone and playing a great round of fun filled golf.

Later today after i wake up I will post all results from the Tournament including scores, least putts and the winners of the contests. Also As soon as i get some help there will be plenty of pics to be seen.

Thanks again to all who showed up.
Tournament Director
Chieftazmisty

mrmopar
07-19-2009, 01:22 AM
Any photos to share?

Motown G
07-19-2009, 01:47 AM
Would love to see pics for those of us who don't live in the area!:D :D

chieftazmisty
07-19-2009, 02:22 AM
Any photos to share?

There were pictures taken As soon as my granddaughter helps me I will show my pitcures. Jj Levitsky tok a bunch also along with a couple of other fine gentleman. So there should be lots of pitcures comming on here soon
A great time was had by all
Tournament Director
Chief

Fatboycards
07-19-2009, 02:43 AM
Glad to hear all went well, heck maybe I can vacation in Bristol next year ,its ONLY a 13 hour drive lol. Nice to hear there was a good time had by all.

JJLevitsky
07-19-2009, 06:22 AM
First, I would like to thank Tom for running a great and funfilled tournament - my GPS and actual play notwithstanding. I had a blast. Pete and I have decided that Scott was a ringer. :D No way a younger card collector plays golf that well......

Second - I did shoot a 66 - twice. Once on the front nine and once on the back nine. :p

Third - my only complaint. The course was not in great shape. LOTS of standing water. Did not hinder the fun though and I would play there again just because it was so much fun.

Finally, I did not take all that many pictures. I actually put the camera away after the initial group shots. I do know that Pete took some video. Actually caught one of my few good tee shots. I will post mine once I download them. I was too tired last night when I got home and I have to head into work now for a few hours. Maybe early this afternoon for me or tonite.

Thanks,

Jeff

kingsfaninri
07-19-2009, 08:14 AM
I too would like to thank Tom for organizing this tournament and making it a fun day for all of us. I knew I was not going to win any prizes for my score (114) but to stick me in a group with Tom (Watson?) and Jack (Nicklaus?) sealed my fate LOL
The 4th member of my group, Izzy (Pete's cousin) hits the ball a mile. Heaven help us if he ever adds consistently straight to that ;) Not to mention that he's a pretty good guy for a Yankee fan :)

To Jeff (who is now known as GPSLevitsky LOL)- I want to thank you for the tour of Rehoboth and Swansea and for helping me burn off all that extra gas in my tank ;)

Fatboy- Tom found your "spy" in the woods along the 3rd fairway and conked him in the head with a shot (and for good measure the ball came back out in the fairway) :)

Jack- the check is in the mail :)

Izzy- Reebok LOL

All kidding aside, it was a pleasure to meet each of you and I hope that we can make this an annual event. I'll certainly be in if we do. Any and all who can be here should start making plans now.

jflan702
07-19-2009, 08:51 AM
This was a fantastic outing and lots of fun was had by all. Thanks to Tom for setting this whole thing up. Thanks also to Jack for playing such a great round and proving that I need to stick to hockey! It was great seeing a lot of my Bench Buddies again and meeting a few new ones! If you get the chance, sign up for next year and plan on having a lot of fun and laughs!

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s175/jflan702/sports%20room/GolfingwithTheBenchJuly2009001.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s175/jflan702/sports%20room/GolfingwithTheBenchJuly2009004.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s175/jflan702/sports%20room/GolfingwithTheBenchJuly2009006.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s175/jflan702/sports%20room/GolfingwithTheBenchJuly2009008.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s175/jflan702/sports%20room/GolfingwithTheBenchJuly2009009.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s175/jflan702/sports%20room/GolfingwithTheBenchJuly2009010.jpg

Even for a hacker like me, it was a great day. My only suggestion is that Jeff returns his GPS and gets his money back!

Thanks Guys! It was a great day!

kingsfaninri
07-19-2009, 08:58 AM
This thread needs to be a Sticky....

Jack
07-19-2009, 09:30 AM
THANKS again everyone for a GREAT time and SPECIAL THANKS to Tom for all he did- you are terrific Believe me all the Bench should come next year if you want to a good time and lots of fun
From the only guy to hit a cart with two in it- you guys ruined my ball!!!
Jack

Champs96ws
07-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Thanks for everyone who attended. I had a great time and it was nice to meet everyone. This should turn into a yearly event. Someone on the west coast should put something together for the members out there.

Here are 2 videos I took. First one is of Scott, Second is Jeff.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i71.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid71.photobucket.com/albums/i142/champs96ws/MVI_0953.flv">

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i71.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid71.photobucket.com/albums/i142/champs96ws/MVI_0954.flv">

kingsfaninri
07-19-2009, 10:26 AM
From the only guy to hit a cart with two in it- you guys ruined my ball!!!
Jack

you stained my pants, I think we're even :)

Loyalty32
07-19-2009, 10:38 AM
Great pictures and videos guys! Looks like a blast was had by all!

Thanks
Craig

OriolesFan8
07-19-2009, 10:54 AM
I know some of the faces, but could someone list who is who from the first group picture?

Thanks,

Todd

Champs96ws
07-19-2009, 11:05 AM
From left to right -

Scott(scottzoe), Paul(kingsfanri), Mark, Jack, John(jflan703), Izzy (pete's cousin), Tom(chieftazmisty), Pete, Paul (pete's cousin), Jeff(jjlevitsky)

OriolesFan8
07-19-2009, 11:16 AM
From left to right -

Scott(scottzoe), Paul(kingsfanri), Mark, Jack, John(jflan703), Izzy (pete's cousin), Tom(chieftazmisty), Pete, Paul (pete's cousin), Jeff(jjlevitsky)

Thanks, should have known Tom from the Steeler's outfit.

Todd

JJLevitsky
07-19-2009, 12:52 PM
I too would like to thank Tom for organizing this tournament and making it a fun day for all of us. I knew I was not going to win any prizes for my score (114) but to stick me in a group with Tom (Watson?) and Jack (Nicklaus?) sealed my fate LOL
The 4th member of my group, Izzy (Pete's cousin) hits the ball a mile. Heaven help us if he ever adds consistently straight to that ;) Not to mention that he's a pretty good guy for a Yankee fan :)

To Jeff (who is now known as GPSLevitsky LOL)- I want to thank you for the tour of Rehoboth and Swansea and for helping me burn off all that extra gas in my tank ;)

Fatboy- Tom found your "spy" in the woods along the 3rd fairway and conked him in the head with a shot (and for good measure the ball came back out in the fairway) :)

Jack- the check is in the mail :)

Izzy- Reebok LOL

All kidding aside, it was a pleasure to meet each of you and I hope that we can make this an annual event. I'll certainly be in if we do. Any and all who can be here should start making plans now.

This was a fantastic outing and lots of fun was had by all. Thanks to Tom for setting this whole thing up. Thanks also to Jack for playing such a great round and proving that I need to stick to hockey! It was great seeing a lot of my Bench Buddies again and meeting a few new ones! If you get the chance, sign up for next year and plan on having a lot of fun and laughs!

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s175/jflan702/sports%20room/GolfingwithTheBenchJuly2009001.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s175/jflan702/sports%20room/GolfingwithTheBenchJuly2009004.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s175/jflan702/sports%20room/GolfingwithTheBenchJuly2009006.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s175/jflan702/sports%20room/GolfingwithTheBenchJuly2009008.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s175/jflan702/sports%20room/GolfingwithTheBenchJuly2009009.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s175/jflan702/sports%20room/GolfingwithTheBenchJuly2009010.jpg

Even for a hacker like me, it was a great day. My only suggestion is that Jeff returns his GPS and gets his money back!

Thanks Guys! It was a great day!

I promise to NOT try to lead anyone on the roads next year. I would blame the operator of the GPS not the GPS itself..... :o

Thanks,

Jeff

mrmopar
07-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Looks like a fun time. I was pretty confident that Tom was sporting that Steelers shirt and recognized Mark and Pete from other pics.

I couldn't get much further away (Seattle) from you guys, but it would be fun to do something like that, even though I am not much of a golfing fan. I keep saying I will get out that way to see an old Bench friend, Yanks21 who lives in CT, and visit the Baseball HOF someday.

kingsfaninri
07-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Looks like a fun time. I was pretty confident that Tom was sporting that Steelers shirt and recognized Mark and Pete from other pics.

I couldn't get much further away (Seattle) from you guys, but it would be fun to do something like that, even though I am not much of a golfing fan. I keep saying I will get out that way to see an old Bench friend, Yanks21 who lives in CT, and visit the Baseball HOF someday.

Do it up. Cooperstown is only like 3 hours or so from here...

mrmopar
07-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Who's the guy in the red shirt? He was not in the group pic.

chieftazmisty
07-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Ok everyone
I am wide awake now and here are the final scores and results from the First Annual New England Bench Golf Tournament. I would like to say again It was a pleasure putting this event together for a great bunch of people from the Bench. Like Pete had said earlier .We should do it again next year. Well Gentleman I will try and put it together again for next year and hope we can get a few more players to join us. A great time was had by all
Ok here is the moment everyone is waiting for
The Results of the Tournament. I am listing in order of finish and besides the score will also be the number of putts.then at the bottom will be the list of winners from the contests.

#1 Jack shot a 78 and had 29 total putts

# 2 Chieftazmisty shot a 92 with 34 total putts

# 3 Mark Wing shot a 98 with 34 total putts

# 4 Champs Cousin Izzy shot a 99 with 41 total putts

# 5 Scottzoe shot a 111 with 35 total putts

# 6 Kingsfaninri shot a 114 with 36 putts(he also had one hole where he had no putts)

# 7 Kevin (son in law of tournament Director)shot a 121 with 53 putts

# 8 Champs96ws shot a 124 with 35 total putts

# 9 jflan702 shot a 130 with 36 putts

# 10 jjlevitsky shot a 132 with 51 putts

# 11 Champs cousin Pete shot a 133 with 42 putts

Closest to Pin winner was Jack with 15 feet

Longest drive winner was Champs cousin Izzy with 275 yd drive

Least number of putts winner was Jack with 29

Lowest score winner was Jack with a 78

Once again thanks to all who partcipated in this event. Lets hope we can make it a lot bigger next year
Thank you
Tournament Director
Chieftazmisty

scottzoe
07-19-2009, 06:26 PM

Kevin, Tom's son in law. He does collect but is not a Bench member.

I would like to thank Tom for putting on such a great event, I had a blast! It was great to meet some fellow Benchies and enjoy a beautiful day.

Pete and Jeff it was great to spend a few hours with you and I appreciate how you made me look like a good golfer :)

I can't wait to do it again next year!

Scott

chieftazmisty
07-19-2009, 06:44 PM

Hey Mr Mopar
That is Kevin
The Tournament Directors Son In Law
Make sure you sign up early for next years big event Goung to try and Make it the 2nd annual bench Golf Tournament with a bigger crowd and Players
See if you would of made you could of got to meet Steve Garvey, Al Oliver and The Super Chief
Later
Chieftazmisty

JJLevitsky
07-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Kevin, Tom's son in law. He does collect but is not a Bench member.

I would like to thank Tom for putting on such a great event, I had a blast! It was great to meet some fellow Benchies and enjoy a beautiful day.

Pete and Jeff it was great to spend a few hours with you and I appreciate how you made me look like a good golfer :)

I can't wait to do it again next year!

Scott

Anytime. I cant wait til next year. It was a ton of fun. And to everyone else - if you live in the area, give it a shot. Tom did a fantastic job putting it all together. Kudos on a job well done.

Thanks,

Jeff

mrmopar
07-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Did any trading get done on the side other than beers!?;)

JJLevitsky
07-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Did any trading get done on the side other than beers!?;)

Some cards were exchanged. Less beer than expected was consumed. And of course Tom included cards in all of the prize packages. I personally would like to thank Jack and John for their contributions to my collection. Now if I could figure out how to play golf well enough to I would be all set.

Thanks,

Jeff

Meliah
07-19-2009, 08:57 PM
Can I be a golf cart driver next year?:p

chieftazmisty
07-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Can I be a golf cart driver next year?:p

Only if you bring the "Monster of the Midway' so I can give him a Steeler Jersey in person. In fact Mr Meliah you can be the starter and say Gentleman start your engines.
Come east for a couple of days and enjoy the New England States a day of golf
Later
Tournament Director

Fatboycards
07-19-2009, 11:29 PM
Always nice to put faces on names,most of you look like golfers...well some of you ...well a couple of you ...well at least you all were dressed nicely... well except the goofy guy in the Steelers garb. Where did you guys pick him up at.

chieftazmisty
07-19-2009, 11:40 PM
Always nice to put faces on names,most of you look like golfers...well some of you ...well a couple of you ...well at least you all were dressed nicely... well except the goofy guy in the Steelers garb. Where did you guys pick him up at.

Mr Fatboycards
Wasnt that the guy who was supposed to run the chief over in a bug.
Just remember you can join us next year so plan a little mini vacation and come up to the new england states and visit .
Later
Tournament Director

chieftazmisty
07-20-2009, 10:41 AM
I hope evryone who played this year will return for the event next year and maybe we can get a few more duffers to join us. Let me know and I will try and get it together again.
Also lets try and come up with a name then for the tournament.
Tournament Director
Chief

kingsfaninri
07-20-2009, 06:58 PM
How about the Tom-Tom JJLevitsky GPS Open? LOL

Jack
07-20-2009, 07:21 PM
You are BADDDD and you owe a dollar three eigthty for my golf ball you ruined
with your cart
Jack

JJLevitsky
07-20-2009, 07:23 PM
How about the New England Benchies Open?

Thanks,

Jeff

chieftazmisty
07-20-2009, 07:50 PM
You are BADDDD and you owe a dollar three eigthty for my golf ball you ruined
with your cart
Jack

Hey Jack
I witness that too it was their fault. They shouldnt have park it there to begin with. I would of asked for more than dollar three eighty.
Thanks again you two for the good time we had.
Chief

David K.
07-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Looks like you guys had a great time! My picks.....don't look so hot now:D

dlackey
07-20-2009, 08:07 PM
Looks like you all had a great time. I just asked the wife if we could take a small vacation to New England next year and she actually said yes. If i can save the money for a few days there and get over my fear of flying i would love to join you guys next year.

Dennis
________
Marijuana Vaporizer (http://weedvaporizer.info/)

chieftazmisty
07-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Looks like you all had a great time. I just asked the wife if we could take a small vacation to New England next year and she actually said yes. If i can save the money for a few days there and get over my fear of flying i would love to join you guys next year.

Dennis

Hey Dennis
You are more than welcome to get in on the Tournament. Would love to see a couple of more people from the Bench make it. You know the old saying the more the merrier. There will be a continuous update for next year. Maybe I might aks for some help also
Later
Tournament
Director
Chief

dlackey
07-20-2009, 08:24 PM
It sure sounds like a bunch of fun. Not a golfer but would enjoy it anyways.

Dennis
________
VAPOR TOWER VAPORIZER (http://www.vaporshop.com/vapor-tower-vaporizer.html)

chieftazmisty
07-20-2009, 09:12 PM
It sure sounds like a bunch of fun. Not a golfer but would enjoy it anyways.

Dennis

Hey Dennis
You would fit right in with the rest of us with the lone exception of Jack Nicklaus.(lol) Maybe you can make it for next year
Later
Tom

Mark Wing
07-20-2009, 09:26 PM
I had a good time and want to thank Tom for all his efforts.

My only complaint was there was a lot of water on the course. The course is next to a river and doesn't drain well. There is a lot of trouble in some not so obvious places. It is frustrating to hit a seemingly good shot and have the ball disappear.

That said, the course was a good choice for us. It was very quiet, which was surprising for a Saturday. I think if the course was busy, there would there may have been problems with the pace of our play. If I lived in the area, I would play this course all the time. Cheap golf and a quick nine on a Saturday morning? Not where I live :)

Mark

Jack
07-20-2009, 09:39 PM
Mark
You are right nice place to play but a lot of water with that heavy rain the night before I'm surprized they let carts out I think that was a good place for us. Tom did a great job finding a place for us and the people who run the place were very good to us. You don't find many places to play the way we did at 10 am if it rains before the day next year we'll have to bring 500 balls
each but I enjoyed the course not only cause my irons were hot but the
holes were well laid out and greens fast.
PLUS the guys we had there were fun to play with and fun to interact with
THANKS to all and again a GREAT deal of credit to Tom for ALL he did.
Can't wait til next year we should have a bigger gang so everyone how about joining us
Jack

seawolf17
07-20-2009, 10:57 PM
What a great experience... count me in (tentatively) for the 2nd Annual program next summer. Just a short ferry ride away down here!

kingsfaninri
07-20-2009, 11:00 PM
My only complaint was there was a lot of water on the course. The course is next to a river and doesn't drain well. There is a lot of trouble in some not so obvious places. It is frustrating to hit a seemingly good shot and have the ball disappear.

Mark

I hear you on that. I forget if it was on 4 or 5, but I hit a great approach with my 5-wood, low line drive that was cutting back just enough to run right up to the green. On the screws, a perfect shot, arguably the best shot I hit all day.

Get up toward the green, the ball is nowhere to be found. Vanished. We figured that it got caught up in that impromptu swamp the rain set up for us and disappeared.

The only saving grace was holing out a putt from about 25 feet from the fringe. :)

Champs96ws
07-20-2009, 11:11 PM
I account for about 10 strokes in my round thanks to "splashdowns" on the fairway. I had so many just splash and stop where I could normally get another 10+ yards on a bounce and roll, not on Saturday.

chieftazmisty
07-21-2009, 08:34 AM
Gentleman.
I had nothing to do with the water on the course. You all can complain to Mother Nature for that part . Usually that course is not the water logged but do to the unforseen monsoons we had Friday night till dawn . Made it that way. I am just glad it quit when it did. Other than that I believe we all had a great time. Next year I hope it dont rain for a couple of days. Also Would all who played this year favor going back to this course let me know .If not I will try and see what else I can do then
Thanks
Tournament Director

JJLevitsky
07-21-2009, 10:22 AM
I look at it as you get what you pay for. You really cant complain that much for $34 for 18 with a cart. I think a course like that will work better because of the price. It will be easier for more people to play. And you cant do anything about mother nature. We were unlucky that way but all in all I would have no problem playing there again.

Thanks,

Jeff

kingsfaninri
07-21-2009, 01:27 PM
I'd play there again...

chieftazmisty
07-21-2009, 03:12 PM
Ok gentlemen Thats three votes for the course Including me. So lets see what everyone else has to say. Of course Jeff seeing the way Jack played he will have to give some strokes next year. :D :D
Later
Chief

JJLevitsky
07-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Ok gentlemen Thats three votes for the course Including me. So lets see what everyone else has to say. Of course Jeff seeing the way Jack played he will have to give some strokes next year. :D :D
Later
Chief

In my case it would be 2 shots to his one.... :D I think we definitely need to add a most improved category next year. That is the ONLY chance I would have of winning anything.

Thanks,

Jeff

chieftazmisty
07-21-2009, 03:35 PM
In my case it would be 2 shots to his one.... :D I think we definitely need to add a most improved category next year. That is the ONLY chance I would have of winning anything.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hey Jeff
There will be one catagory added to next years awards. The GPS award. for the person who gets lost the most:eek: :eek:
Later
Tom

Champs96ws
07-21-2009, 04:22 PM
That coarse would be just fine. It didn't seem too busy and that works out with our pace and if someone wants to join us that has never played you won't have the feeling of being rushed.

Can't complain about the price either. $34 is a great price!

I vote yes.

JJLevitsky
07-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Hey Jeff
There will be one catagory added to next years awards. The GPS award. for the person who gets lost the most:eek: :eek:
Later
Tom

I told you - it wasnt the GPS it was the operator...... ;) Next year I have to ride with someone. Cant blame me if we get lost that way. :D

Thanks,

Jeff

chieftazmisty
07-21-2009, 04:53 PM
I told you - it wasnt the GPS it was the operator...... ;) Next year I have to ride with someone. Cant blame me if we get lost that way. :D

Thanks,

Jeff

Yea But kingsfaninri was lost following you. So maybe you can follow him next year. and you wont be lost then:D :D

dlackey
07-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Where is the town this is held?

Dennis
________
N02 vaporizer (http://no2vaporizers.com)

cometmike
07-21-2009, 05:49 PM
We need a midwest outing sometime.

Jack
07-21-2009, 06:27 PM
I vote for that course again especially if they put in GOLD tees!!! and move Paul & Izzys cart
Jack

scottzoe
07-21-2009, 06:34 PM
I would definitely play that course again. It seems to be pretty laid back and there was no one pushing us to play faster. Perhaps if we spend less time looking for balls in the woods, we might move quicker too ;)

jflan702
07-21-2009, 07:27 PM
I would definitely play there again. I really liked the laid back pace (with the exception of that twosome that played thru us on 16). I'll have to buy some more golfballs for next year.

Thanks agian Chief for getting this set up. you did a great job!

Thanks,

chieftazmisty
07-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Where is the town this is held?

Dennis

Hey Dennis
it is about 5 miles from Providence, Rhode Island Hope this helps you out some
later
Tom

dlackey
07-21-2009, 09:05 PM
Hey Dennis
it is about 5 miles from Providence, Rhode Island Hope this helps you out some
later
Tom

Tom

Helps alot. I have already been checking to see what it might cost me to fly there for a few days but wasn't for sure as to where the flight would get me to and i was checking on where the flight would stop at if any. Not a big flyer by no means but would really like to get up there for next years event, just got to get over the fear of flying i guess and save some extra money.

Thanks,
Dennis
________
Marijuana Vaporizers (http://weedvaporizers.info/)

chieftazmisty
07-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Tom

Helps alot. I have already been checking to see what it might cost me to fly there for a few days but wasn't for sure as to where the flight would get me to and i was checking on where the flight would stop at if any. Not a big flyer by no means but would really like to get up there for next years event, just got to get over the fear of flying i guess and save some extra money.

Thanks,
Dennis

Hey Dennis
I would check with Southwest as far as airlines go.They are very cheap or reasonable. As time get closer to next year keep checking this thread out as to when it will be held. Also there are some nice places and things to do around here.
later
Tom

jflan702
07-21-2009, 09:24 PM
Tom

Thanks,
Dennis

Dennis,

Just mail yourself to Tom's house. With all of the trading you do, I'm sure the mailman won't notice. ;)

Really hope to see you there for the Second Annual Bench Open.

Thanks,

dlackey
07-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Hey Dennis
I would check with Southwest as far as airlines go.They are very cheap or reasonable. As time get closer to next year keep checking this thread out as to when it will be held. Also there are some nice places and things to do around here.
later
Tom

Thanks Tom. I will keep checking it out. Prices so far are around $260/person for round trip but heck i have a year to save up some money for it.

Dennis
________
VAPIR NO2 VAPORIZER (http://vaporizer.org/)

dlackey
07-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Dennis,

Just mail yourself to Tom's house. With all of the trading you do, I'm sure the mailman won't notice. ;)

Really hope to see you there for the Second Annual Bench Open.

Thanks,

That might be the way to go, could go priority and be there in a couple days that way.

Dennis
________
Marijuana joint (http://howtorollajoint.net/)

chieftazmisty
07-23-2009, 10:00 PM
That might be the way to go, could go priority and be there in a couple days that way.

Dennis

Hey Dennis
Overnight express would be the way to go. Hopefully you can make it next year. would be a nice vacation also .
Later
Tom

dlackey
07-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Hey Dennis
Overnight express would be the way to go. Hopefully you can make it next year. would be a nice vacation also .
Later
Tom

Tom

That is what i was thinking, would make a nice small vacation. My wife and i has been married for 19 years and have never went on a vacation. My main problem (besides not being a golfer) will be getting up the nerve to get on a airplane but definitely sounds like fun and i have always wanted to see the northeast.

Thanks,
Dennis
________
Think mill (http://thinkmill.com/)

rynofan23
07-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Tom

That is what i was thinking, would make a nice small vacation. My wife and i has been married for 19 years and have never went on a vacation. My main problem (besides not being a golfer) will be getting up the nerve to get on a airplane but definitely sounds like fun and i have always wanted to see the northeast.

Thanks,
Dennis

Dennis,
I had that fear of flying as well. I finally got the guts to fly because my sister was getting married. Where did she decide to get married? Italy. There was no breaking me in slowly. It was all or nothing. This was last year at the age of 30 with two kids (one being an 8-month old teething baby) and my wife, and I survived. Now, if it's more than a 6-hour drive, I'm flying.

Tai

chieftazmisty
07-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Tom

Thanks,
Dennis

Hey Dennis
There is nothing to flying. If you do come play golf anyway cant be any worst than the rest of us. It would be a blast
Just keep watching the thread
I havent forgot about the trade either lately there hasnt been enough hours in a day :D :D
Later
Tom

Jack
07-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Tom is still in the swamp on the 17th hole
Jack

chieftazmisty
07-23-2009, 11:06 PM
Tom is still in the swamp on the 17th hole
Jack

I am still looking for the lost gps of jeffs or is it jeff that is lost:eek:
Hey Jack Did you like your surprise package.
Later
Tournament Director

kingsfaninri
07-23-2009, 11:42 PM
How come Jack does not have a Tournament Champion badge yet?????

CharlieBrown
07-24-2009, 09:54 AM
Only if you bring the "Monster of the Midway' so I can give him a Steeler Jersey in person. In fact Mr Meliah you can be the starter and say Gentleman start your engines.
Come east for a couple of days and enjoy the New England States a day of golf
Later
Tournament Director

I would have loved to been able to get up there to play. Any thoughts of a rotating tournament like the National does? Some nice courses here in NC. :) I remember the New England golf from my time in Maine. Never seen greens so hard. LOL My Dad used to say if you can play good golf in Maine you can play anywhere.

Champs96ws
07-24-2009, 11:44 AM
I would have loved to been able to get up there to play. Any thoughts of a rotating tournament like the National does? Some nice courses here in NC. :) I remember the New England golf from my time in Maine. Never seen greens so hard. LOL My Dad used to say if you can play good golf in Maine you can play anywhere.

We encourage others around the country to set something up in your area. Put out a thread to see how many members in your area would like to participate before doing all the ground work of setting it up.

Jack
07-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Tom
You can tell everyone the truth now you were laughing so hard when I hit Paul & Izzys cart you drove the cart into the swamp I never thought they could move that fast
ALWAYS love them Glavine cards especially the mini
Jack

chieftazmisty
07-24-2009, 07:11 PM
How come Jack does not have a Tournament Champion badge yet?????

Hey Paul
That will have to be Marks or Pete,s call for that one . He should have one till next year. Then we can crown a new Champion
Later
Tom

chieftazmisty
07-27-2009, 08:46 PM
any more comments or questions on this Also I am thinking of doing it again next July aroundthe same time. Anybody who would be interested let me know. so I can get an idea on how many will be comming . Might also do a different format also.
Later
Tournament Director

bblair_2002
07-27-2009, 09:06 PM
After all the talk on the fun and comraderie y'all had,I'm gonna have to give this a try next year and I'll try to convince Derik (or better yet his wife) to play too.

Brett

chieftazmisty
07-27-2009, 10:09 PM
After all the talk on the fun and comraderie y'all had,I'm gonna have to give this a try next year and I'll try to convince Derik (or better yet his wife) to play too.

Brett

Hey Brett
That would be nice. The more the merrier. Yes we all had a great time and really enjoyed the game and everyone did have a great time except for jjlevitsky and his gps We all are still trying to figure who got lost jeff or his gps. Also you have to be careful of a certain golfer(no names) but loved to hit golf carts riding around the course heheheheh:eek: :eek: :D :D :D
So hopefully you can make it next year and try and bring Derik along too
Thanks for thinking about it. Just let the Tournament Director know.
Later
Chieftazmisty

dadofandrew
07-27-2009, 10:12 PM
we need to do a midwest version in chicago ;)

chieftazmisty
07-27-2009, 10:23 PM
we need to do a midwest version in chicago ;)

Do like I did start a thread and see who all would want to do it and go from there out. If you have any questions send me a pm an I will try and help you out.
Chief

JJLevitsky
07-28-2009, 11:56 AM
Hey Brett
That would be nice. The more the merrier. Yes we all had a great time and really enjoyed the game and everyone did have a great time except for jjlevitsky and his gps We all are still trying to figure who got lost jeff or his gps. Also you have to be careful of a certain golfer(no names) but loved to hit golf carts riding around the course heheheheh:eek: :eek: :D :D :D
So hopefully you can make it next year and try and bring Derik along too
Thanks for thinking about it. Just let the Tournament Director know.
Later
Chieftazmisty

Definitely the Operator and not the GPS. Got back from Montreal this morning and used it all weekend in Newfoundland and had no problems. Of course Debbie was doing all of the driving and she actually paid attention to what it was saying...... ;)

Thanks,

Jeff

chieftazmisty
07-28-2009, 03:25 PM
Definitely the Operator and not the GPS. Got back from Montreal this morning and used it all weekend in Newfoundland and had no problems. Of course Debbie was doing all of the driving and she actually paid attention to what it was saying...... ;)

Thanks,

Jeff

HeyJeff
Next year you will have to the mrs do the driving then and you might make it on time then.:D :D :D
I talked with the Golf Course owner today and have made July 17 as a tenative date for next year . Let me know what you think
Later
Tom

JJLevitsky
07-28-2009, 06:19 PM
HeyJeff
Next year you will have to the mrs do the driving then and you might make it on time then.:D :D :D
I talked with the Golf Course owner today and have made July 17 as a tenative date for next year . Let me know what you think
Later
Tom

I will pencil it in. It might take me that long to find the course again. ;)

Thanks,

Jeff

chieftazmisty
07-28-2009, 08:49 PM
I will pencil it in. It might take me that long to find the course again. ;)

Thanks,

Jeff

Hey Jeff. Hopefully we can get a bunch more to play and I might go with a different format then.
get a lot of practice then.
Later
Tom

Champs96ws
08-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Our tournament winner now has is very own badge to show off proudly.

Give the rest of us a chance next year Jack!

chieftazmisty
08-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Our tournament winner now has is very own badge to show off proudly.

Give the rest of us a chance next year Jack!

Hey Pete
Thank you very much for doing that for our Champion Golfer Mr Jack. Hopefully we can get a lot more Benchies to join us next year. If we get more golfers I might try a different format for the tournament.
Thanks again for the Badge for the winner MR Jack
Tournament Director
Chieftazmisty
Tom

Jack
08-20-2009, 01:49 PM
THANK YOU VERY MUCH I had such a GREAT TIME especially meeting everyone I liked the course THANK YOU to Tom he certainly put his all into it and a pleasure to meet you Pete your BENCH is TERRIFIC love to trade with everyone here you run a GREAT place. Its really nice to be the Bench's FIRST Golf Champion.THANKS again
ps Love my BADGE!!!
Jack

JJLevitsky
08-20-2009, 02:28 PM
I am only coming again if the directions are better. :p Congrats again Jack. It was a great day.

Thanks,

Jeff

chieftazmisty
08-20-2009, 10:19 PM
I am only coming again if the directions are better. :p Congrats again Jack. It was a great day.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hey Jeff
I will try and give you better directions next year. Maybe I should give Jack the wrong directions next year (LOL) and the rest ofus might have a chamce then. :D :D :D
Remember everyone next year will be July 17 2010. Just to keep it going.
Hey Jack The Award looks nice under your name.
Later
Tom

chieftazmisty
04-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Howdy
These are the results and pictures from last years Golf Tournament . Hoping we can get some more players this year
Thanks for looking and come and have a greatday of fun
Later
Chieftazmisty
Tournament Director

chieftazmisty
05-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Pictures fro 1st annual Bench Golf Tournament
Take a peek at them and join us this year at Golf Tournament Number 2
Later
Chief

chieftazmisty
05-10-2010, 09:09 AM