Recent Pickup Thread August 2009

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
these arent all from this month, some are from last month, just got around to scanning them

For the PC
SCAN0059.jpg

For the trade bucket
SCAN0060.jpg

SCAN0061.jpg

SCAN0062.jpg

Pickups from the Northern Viginia Area Card Shops (Griffey, Payton & Roger Craig)

Hey everyone,

I was in Northern Virginia last week and picked up a few nice cards from a couple of local shops.

I picked up The Griffey because I've never seen a card like this, don't really mind the creasing as it doesn't really take away from the jersey. Not sure if I'm keeping it or if it's for trade. I'm leaning toward keeping it because it's just a nice piece for the collection.

GriffeyOversizeJerseyCard.jpg

GriffeyOversizeJerseyCardBack.jpg

I love Payton, so that's NFT. I'm not in much of a hurry to move the Craig either, but may. I mostly collect the baseball Masterpieces autos, but picked this up because I liked it.

RogerCraigSOGAutoPaytonMasterpieces.jpg

My 99th Bernie Williams Serial numbered to his Jersey 51/72
july282.jpg

My 9th Paul O'neill 1/1
july281.jpg

Paul O'neill 3 Home Run Game ticket stub
july283.jpg

Just got back from DC, so Ill show off some new Brauns from the past week or so

2007 Bowman Chrome Draft Gold Refractors BDP50 (50) #04/50
2007BowmanChromeDraftGoldRefractors.jpg
[/IMG]

2007 Exquisite Collection Rookie Signatures Reflections Autographs Gold RR Ryan Z. Braun/ Ryan Braun (N/A) #04/20
2007ExquisiteCollectionRookieSignat.jpg
[/IMG]

2008 UD A POH Franchise History Jersey Gold Patch FH29 (NA) #25/25
2008UDAPOHFranchiseHistoryJerseyGol.jpg
[/IMG]

2008 Upper Deck Premier Patches Gold Milestones RB (N/A) #03/11
2008UpperDeckPremierPatchesGoldMile.jpg
[/IMG]

2009 Topps Career Best Relics Dual PB Pence Bat/ Braun Jsy (30) #49/99
[
2009ToppsCareerBestRelicsDualPBPenc.jpg
[/IMG]

2009 UD A POH Fran. Mem. Trio Purple FMFBS Fielder/Braun/ Suppan (NA) #16/25
2009UDAPOHFranMemTrioPurpleFMFBSFie.jpg
[/IMG]

Eric, I used to look foward to your posts because they usually included some cool vintage boxing. You need to head back over to eBay and find some nice t218s pal. LOL.

Eric, I used to look foward to your posts because they usually included some cool vintage boxing. You need to head back over to eBay and find some nice t218s pal. LOL.

ahhhh .... yes, I hear ya bud!!! I think I have too many 'projects' going on at once and have ignored the boxing a bit; but ya never know what the future might bring ;)

ahhhh .... yes, I hear ya bud!!! I think I have too many 'projects' going on at once and have ignored the boxing a bit; but ya never know what the future might bring ;)

I'm in the exact same situation. I promised myself I'd hit 350 Mariners autos before the end of the year so I charging toward that. I think I'll more back into my sets next year and add some nice cards to my Joe Jeannette & t218 collection.

PC items:
Picture008-1.jpg

Picture.jpg

New trade bait:
Picture006.jpg

Picture-1.jpg

^All scratches are on the case
Picture.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture-1.jpg

From box breaks:
Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Not all of these are from August....most are late July but never got a chance to post em.
And sorry for the poor quality on a few of the scans...any scratches/smears/etc you see are on the scanner or case.

Last edited:
I'm in the exact same situation. I promised myself I'd hit 350 Mariners autos before the end of the year so I charging toward that. I think I'll more back into my sets next year and add some nice cards to my Joe Jeannette & t218 collection.

do ya have a site set up for your vintage boxing?

No, I don't think I have enough to make a decent site right now but just us talking about it has got me running searches on eBay that I haven't ran in months. Maybe I'll have to make a purchase soon.

No, I don't think I have enough to make a decent site right now but just us talking about it has got me running searches on eBay that I haven't ran in months. Maybe I'll have to make a purchase soon.

I would do the same but I burned up the last of my paypal today and dont wanna tempt myself ;)

Some trade pickups:

img993.jpg
img992.jpg
Ryan Howard 07 Elements Yellow Plate 1/1

And this one off of ebay.
The #1 card on my wantlist
img991.jpg

img991.jpg

#'d 3/21 On card patch auto.

I've been waiting a long time to pick one of these up, but they always went for too much money. I got really lucky and picked this up for about $40 less than all of the others I've seen sell.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.