08 Topps Chrome Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abncal

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Ok, so in an effort to really take some big chunks out of this entire set I purchased (2) cases of the retail boxes. Up until now I've been buying only hobby boxes. I'd say I've bought about (8) total hobby boxes and out of all those I had only pulled (1) blue refractor :(, a Hochevar auto, but (1) none the less. My retail cases arrived today and I opened one box and pulled (2) x-fractors, and (2) blue refractors, one of which is the Mantle ($50 bv). Pretty sweet I think but here's my question... I am trying to think back, but I am pretty sure the Hochevar blue refractor had a print run on the back, these two blues I just pulled don not have the print runs on the back. Does anyone know if I'm just mistaken or do the retail box cards differ from hobby box cards in some way. Thanks for the input!

Josh

I thought you could only get the blue refractors out of the retail boxes - don't think you should have pulled any from hobby boxes at all (maybe it's only the autos though). But yes, they are unnumbered as they are supposed to be from the retail boxes only. The same is true this year with x-fractors - none in the hobby boxes, but unnumbered in the retail boxes.

Hope that helps - David.

it does, thnx.... where can you find detailed info like that on the product, i.e. what you find in hobby as opposed to retail, what's numbered what isn't etc.

it does, thnx.... where can you find detailed info like that on the product, i.e. what you find in hobby as opposed to retail, what's numbered what isn't etc.

I'm not sure - it should give details regarding numbering in Beckett, and I think they also usually indicate whether it's hobby only or retail only, but I don't think that is always the case. I only knew this one because I bought both hobby and retail, and checked the wrappers for the odds.

Ok, so in an effort to really take some big chunks out of this entire set I purchased (2) cases of the retail boxes. Up until now I've been buying only hobby boxes. I'd say I've bought about (8) total hobby boxes and out of all those I had only pulled (1) blue refractor :(, a Hochevar auto, but (1) none the less. My retail cases arrived today and I opened one box and pulled (2) x-fractors, and (2) blue refractors, one of which is the Mantle ($50 bv). Pretty sweet I think but here's my question... I am trying to think back, but I am pretty sure the Hochevar blue refractor had a print run on the back, these two blues I just pulled don not have the print runs on the back. Does anyone know if I'm just mistaken or do the retail box cards differ from hobby box cards in some way. Thanks for the input!

Josh
Josh - if you get any doubles on SF Giants that you want to dump - please let me know.
Ian