How long do you guys normally wait?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TJCloutier

Pro
5.00 star(s)
People have had success from Mike Golic and I sent like 2-3 weeks ago. Nothing back yet. Hm, maybe I'm the first failure :(

Mikes a big name? Lol, Idk pretty good athlete just wouldn't consider him a big name myself. Probably a good guy. Just wanted to try this out.

Remember that any TTM request that you send is a request for an autograph. You are asking the individual to take time out of their day to sign an item for you and return it to you. They may have things going on, may not be able to make it to the post office/mail box right away. They all have real lives like everyone else.

When I send TTMs, I send them with the knowledge that they may not come back to me. This way, I am surprised when they show up.

I have had TTMs take 5 days and some take 3 years. You just never know.

Remember that any TTM request that you send is a request for an autograph. You are asking the individual to take time out of their day to sign an item for you and return it to you. They may have things going on, may not be able to make it to the post office/mail box right away. They all have real lives like everyone else.

When I send TTMs, I send them with the knowledge that they may not come back to me. This way, I am surprised when they show up.

I have had TTMs take 5 days and some take 3 years. You just never know.

Lol who took 3 years? that's ridiculous.

I am not positive, but I believe it was Robin Yount back in 1995 or so. It just showed up in my box. I wrote it off at the end of the season.

ya never know with TTM, thats the fun in it, except for when you seem to be the only person that can't get a certain player that seems as if they sign everything. Lets put it this way I'm not gonna total up all my requests I've sent out but for Spring Training in '08 I was 40/80, I sent to just about the whole Tigers team just to try and hope I got a suprise that year. This year I went with what seemed to be a fairly decent list of signers and I'm sitting at 33/63, even though I suspect there will be a few that trinkle in here in there as the season gets closer to a end. Like Jeff said, could never get it back or you might wait a few days to a few years. Fastest one I got back was in 3 days, someone that lives in my area.

Exactly, 3 weeks is basically nothing to wait. You need to give it some time, no matter who the signer is. Sometimes even great signers take a while, even if people USUALLY get a quick turn around. I've waited 3 days or over a year. That's 1/2 the fun ;)