PDA

View Full Version : My daughter's unique collection - now on Photobucket!

timfsu2k
08-25-2009, 03:31 PM
First off, we would like to thank everyone who has contributed to her collection. She has had so much fun getting packages in the mail and ripping them open! Not going to name names because I'm afraid I would leave someone out, but you know who you are and please know that we are so appreciative of your generosity. I made her a bucket and scanned everything in. I think it's pretty well organized, but if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them. As always, if anyone has some cool gift cards that you think she might like just shoot me a PM and we'll see what we can do.

Caitlin's Cards (http://s973.photobucket.com/albums/ae219/caitlinscards/)

TJCloutier
08-25-2009, 03:49 PM
Ha, kinda neat. You can buy some on eBay I've seen before. And you can just take that at walmart :) But getting a lot of variations is still neat.

David K.
08-25-2009, 03:50 PM
I'll keep an eye out for the unsual ones in San Francisco next week. Neat looking gifts cards. Best regards, David

benob1knob
08-25-2009, 04:30 PM
I have to commend the both of you on the uniqueness of the idea and the organization of the gift cards. I think it is an awesome thing the both of you are doing together. It is great to hear about the fun and joy Caitlin has when she opens up the mail. Keep up the collection and I got my brother and his family saving gift cards to add to mine to send to you.

timfsu2k
08-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Ha, kinda neat. You can buy some on eBay I've seen before. And you can just take that at walmart :) But getting a lot of variations is still neat.

Never seen any for sale on ebay, at least not ones that have no money on them. Most of ours we get at Wal-Mart, but they are starting to charge 3 cents for them now. I actually went through the line and paid for one at a local Wal-Mart. Kind of freaked out the cashier!

I'll keep an eye out for the unsual ones in San Francisco next week. Neat looking gifts cards. Best regards, David

Thanks a lot David! I'll keep an eye out for some Big Hurt cards.

I have to commend the both of you on the uniqueness of the idea and the organization of the gift cards. I think it is an awesome thing the both of you are doing together. It is great to hear about the fun and joy Caitlin has when she opens up the mail. Keep up the collection and I got my brother and his family saving gift cards to add to mine to send to you.

Thanks man, we appreciate it. It is a cool project for us, and pretty cheap too! She's kind of into sports cards just because I am, mostly she collects Peyton Manning because of her mom, but this is something that is just hers. I think that makes it special to her.

TJCloutier
08-25-2009, 08:24 PM
Lol that really is funny you paid for them. I would refuse to pay for them.

timfsu2k
08-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Lol that really is funny you paid for them. I would refuse to pay for them.

Well, it was a really cool one that she wanted. Plus it was only 3 cents!

7guns
08-25-2009, 10:39 PM
The things we do for our kids I am on the look out still. They would look nice in a binder sorted the way they are in her bucket. Good to see a dad and daughter enjoying something together mine is 14 and does not want to spend as much time as we used to. Enjoy it while it last.

rynofan23
08-25-2009, 11:23 PM
Her collection has inspired my daughter and me to get her collection going. Very nice!

Tai

timfsu2k
08-26-2009, 06:55 AM
The things we do for our kids I am on the look out still. They would look nice in a binder sorted the way they are in her bucket. Good to see a dad and daughter enjoying something together mine is 14 and does not want to spend as much time as we used to. Enjoy it while it last.

That is our next project. We already have a nice binder, just have to get them put into sheets. I anticipate another 5 years or so of her still wanting to hang out with dear old dad...hopefully!

Her collection has inspired my daughter and me to get her collection going. Very nice!

Tai

Cool! Wal-Mart is a great source, especially if yours still does not charge 3 cents for them.