Review 09 Topps NFL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
09 Topps NFL​

36 packs - 10 cards per pack
'One Relic or Autograph per box!'

From the Topps website:
http://www.thebenchtrading.com/thebench/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=71
Checklist...
http://www.topps.com/product/ProductCheckListNew.aspx?Product_Id=1336

I received the following:

286 unique base cards - plus 8 duplicates.
jpg065.jpg

This issue is consistent with other base sets that we have come to expect from Topps. The front has an action shot and is printed on bright white stock with a glossy front. The name of the palyer and the team is in silver foil. The reverse has personal and pro stats (college if a rookie) and a short write-up of the strengths of the player.

Inserts

Gold parallels #ed to 2009
12 parallels

jpg068.jpg

Black #ed to 54
Brandon Meriweather

Ring of Honor
Santonio Holmes

jpg070.jpg

Football Stars
6 Stars
F. Gore
M. Forte
A. Boldin
L. Coles
T. Edwards
K. Moreno

jpg066.jpg

Retired Stars

Kemp
Haynes
Cannon
Lowe
Maynard
Marshall
jpg067.jpg

Cheerleaders

Kayla S.
Amanda
Bibiana
Emily C.

jpg069.jpg

Topps Town
32 regular and 4 gold

Auto

Career Best
Tashard Choice

jpg071.jpg

I REALLY like one of these inserts.... Football Stars... for whatever reason, these look really cool. I don't usually collect football - but I might reconsider and try to put this insert set together.

After looking at the checklist - I only saw one Ring of Honor card listed... seem to be fortunate to have received this one.

The black parallels are only numbered to 54... if someone chases this parallel insert set - they deserve a lot of credit!!

However, one could easily chase any number of parallels - as you can see on the checklist - there are a large number of parallels in this issue - including 1/1 printing plates.

The auto is a sticker auto - blue Sharpee - and the card is specifically designed for the sticker.

Overall grade A - did receive 8 dupes... not really necessary in a hobby box.

Go buy several boxes and send the Football Stars to me!!

Duane

Duane, can you use a tj houshmandzadeh football stars? if so I will send it down your way. Any bears in your golds?

thanks
Henry

238 314 346 365 438

Do you know that 314 is Ed Reed - Playoff Highlight card and I found several more Dolphins for you?

Duane

The Ed Reed was the playoff game vs the Dolphins.

BTW I have been trying to contact Topps and ask them a question about the AFL Flashback cards. They have 15 of them listed on their checklist, but I have only seen 1-10. The sell sheet says there are 25 of them. Does that mean they are coming out with a traded or series two?The one I really really want is 15 Wahoo Mcdaniel.

Last edited:
I like the looks of the set...at least you can read the card numbers on these...now if i could only find the Black Bradshaw #'d to 54 or whatever I'd be set...lol.