PDA

View Full Version : Computer help needed!

timfsu2k
08-29-2009, 09:05 AM
We have had our laptop less than a year and are experiencing our first bit of trouble. First off, it seems that the fan has started running more than it ever has. Almost constantly. Also, we always close the lid when we are not using the laptop. Whenever we open it back up, it makes this weird noise. Any idea what that could be? It is a Dell Inspiron 1525 running XP. We have a wireless network if that matters. We use WindowsCare antivirus, and have our network password protected.

Any ideas?

chieftazmisty
08-29-2009, 09:31 AM
We have had our laptop less than a year and are experiencing our first bit of trouble. First off, it seems that the fan has started running more than it ever has. Almost constantly. Also, we always close the lid when we are not using the laptop. Whenever we open it back up, it makes this weird noise. Any idea what that could be? It is a Dell Inspiron 1525 running XP. We have a wireless network if that matters. We use WindowsCare antivirus, and have our network password protected.

Any ideas?

Hey Tim
I am not a genius on computers but if it less than a year old . It still should be under warranty. I would call them asked them about it or tell them what it is doing. . Hope this helps
Tom

rynofan23
08-29-2009, 11:39 AM
As chief stated, if it us under warranty, I would take it in to make sure it's not your hard drive going bad. You could try cleaning the fans and vents. Does the laptop shut itself off at all?

Tai

timfsu2k
08-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Hey Tim
I am not a genius on computers but if it less than a year old . It still should be under warranty. I would call them asked them about it or tell them what it is doing. . Hope this helps
Tom

Tom,

Thanks for the suggestion. We may try giving them a call.

As chief stated, if it us under warranty, I would take it in to make sure it's not your hard drive going bad. You could try cleaning the fans and vents. Does the laptop shut itself off at all?

Tai

No, other than the fan running and that noise it makes there are no problems with it at all. Still runs fast, no lag or anything like that. All programs run fine. The one thing that did happen was one time it wouldn't come out of sleep mode. I just rebooted it and it has worked fine ever since.

opcfan
08-29-2009, 10:38 PM
If it's under warranty let them fix it. I can tell you I have had the same problem and I took my laptop apart to clean the fans and the cpu. This has worked every time and It's amazing how much dust gets in there. You could also try one of those cool pads that use a usb port to drive a couple of fans in the pad.
Jim

timfsu2k
08-30-2009, 12:08 AM
:D
If it's under warranty let them fix it. I can tell you I have had the same problem and I took my laptop apart to clean the fans and the cpu. This has worked every time and It's amazing how much dust gets in there. You could also try one of those cool pads that use a usb port to drive a couple of fans in the pad.
Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the post. My wife tried to blow some of the dust out of the laptop and quite a lot came out. It seemed to have improved the situation, but I do believe there is more in there. I'm assuming that Dell won't clean the dust out of my laptop under warranty!

Droubaysports
08-30-2009, 01:48 AM
1525s are good solid models (we have 2) . its probably just dust and as long as it quiets up it should be ok.. however dell will look at it/ fix for free