Band of Brothers card set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timfsu2k

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Saw this on Trader Crack's Card Blog. Looks pretty interesting, would love to pick up a box for the auto. Each box will have a complete set, so that is a bonus as well.

Band of Brothers

Thanks to Ryan for the article!

this is great...i would like to have one of these myself.

too bad a couple of the guys have passed away recently...Shifty Powers lived not far from me...he passed away a couple of months ago :(

From someone that doesn't bust boxes very often, how would one go about getting one of these? Being in the Army and living in Italy, I don't have a card shop that I can order from anymore. If I'm reading the article correctly, 2000 aren't many boxes. I doubt many will show up on Ebay.

From someone that doesn't bust boxes very often, how would one go about getting one of these? Being in the Army and living in Italy, I don't have a card shop that I can order from anymore. If I'm reading the article correctly, 2000 aren't many boxes. I doubt many will show up on Ebay.

You are right, probably won't see too many boxes on there. Here is one place you can pre-order:

Pre-order

Not sure I'd go $80 plus shipping into a box of these though, but they are cool.

Awesome. I noticed Dick Winters is not in the autos. Has he passed away?

Mr. Winters is still alive, aged 91. However, he suffers from the effects of his age and can no longer sign autographs. I found this out when I wrote to him asking for an autograph and one of his family members responded thusly to my request. They may have said that he is suffering from a disease which causes him to be unable to write, but I can't exactly recall. They did say that his mind remained sharp. In my request, I made the comment that I thought of him as a hero. The reply I received from his family member corrected me, saying that Mr. Winters did not view himself as a hero. He views those who did not return as the true heroes.

I am looking into these as icardz did a Canadian set that they used as a fund raiser for schools. I may want to do it for my kids' school and once I get some info I'll let y'all know.

Thanks,
Bill

I'm not usually into non-baseball stuff but this sounds like a terrific set. I like the Band of Brothers series, excellent stuff. Also, If Major Winters isn't a hero then no one is. (He received the distinguished service cross) and his leadership saved many of his men which makes him one in this veterans opinion.

I'm not usually into non-baseball stuff but this sounds like a terrific set. I like the Band of Brothers series, excellent stuff. Also, If Major Winters isn't a hero then no one is. (He received the distinguished service cross) and his leadership saved many of his men which makes him one in this veterans opinion.

I agree that he is a hero, that's why I told him so! He doesn't think of himself as a hero, as most veterans don't in my experience.

Thank you for your service, by the way.