How is this possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timfsu2k

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
How can the seller possibly know that a superfractor is in there??? Unless it is a resealed pack....BTW, openly claiming that you are a pack searcher puts you on my do not bid list automatically.

Pack searcher

Yeah, how the heck do you know if there is a superfractor in there? I could understand if you said that it was guaranteed to have a game used card or whatever bc they are thicker, but he must be resealing the packs-

I think the most disgusting part of that auction is the bragging of years of pack-searching. Makes me happy to live in the midwest with a trustworthy hobby shop owner.
-Casey

wow. i never thought that i would see anyone bragabout pack searching like that on an ebay auction.

I think he is a disgrace to the hobby.

Rich

Absolutely. It's the ugly side of the hobby that turns away alot of people at one point or another. I wish something could be done with individuals like these, but most likely not. The only way collectors like us can fight it? Don't buy from them! The less money these individuals get, the less likely they'll do it again. But, there are too many people willing to feed the problem.

Jason

Without opening the packs, it has to be very hard in most cases to "search" packs. I can understand cards that make packs significantly thicker or if there was a way to detect certain cards, for example those containing a metal hat was magnetic, significant enough weight differences, etc.

However, I still strongly believe that it is the responsibility of the card makers to combat this. NOBODY ELSE WILL. We know there are dishonest people in the world and being naive enough to believe that wouldn't extend to locating valuable cards in packs is crazy. Making a special card SO OBVIOUS in a pack compared to another pack is irresponsible, knowing many of the boxes sold are packed out. A lot of special products have or have had special packs or cards, like case exclusives, bonus packs marked as such, etc. That is fine, because it is marketed as a special pack and only available by buying the box/case. If someone buys a box/case and decides to sell their "hot" pack as a mystery break, that is one thing, but to make it so easy that people can find and advertise otherwise normal packs containing hits is defeating the purpose of random insertion...SOMETHING THESE CARD MAKERS INTRODUCED TO US AND HOOKED US ON WITH INSERTS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! There is an answer to making these special cards detectible. Not sure what it is, but the manufacturers need to make it impossible!

I'd be willing to pay a few extra cents per pack just to have them "floated" in some sort of protection that could not be tampered with. That would keep the "feelers" away.

Tim

Without opening the packs, it has to be very hard in most cases to "search" packs. I can understand cards that make packs significantly thicker or if there was a way to detect certain cards, for example those containing a metal hat was magnetic, significant enough weight differences, etc.

However, I still strongly believe that it is the responsibility of the card makers to combat this. NOBODY ELSE WILL. We know there are dishonest people in the world and being naive enough to believe that wouldn't extend to locating valuable cards in packs is crazy. Making a special card SO OBVIOUS in a pack compared to another pack is irresponsible, knowing many of the boxes sold are packed out. A lot of special products have or have had special packs or cards, like case exclusives, bonus packs marked as such, etc. That is fine, because it is marketed as a special pack and only available by buying the box/case. If someone buys a box/case and decides to sell their "hot" pack as a mystery break, that is one thing, but to make it so easy that people can find and advertise otherwise normal packs containing hits is defeating the purpose of random insertion...SOMETHING THESE CARD MAKERS INTRODUCED TO US AND HOOKED US ON WITH INSERTS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! There is an answer to making these special cards detectible. Not sure what it is, but the manufacturers need to make it impossible!

someone should ask this knuckehead what the guarentee is IF there isn't a 1/1 in there...

Better yet... someone should win the auction and file a chargeback saying they didn't receive the 1/1. Oh wait, two wrongs don't make a right. Well, there goes that idea. ;)