Flea Market Finds: Authentic??? (Help appriciated)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tigsfan

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
I found these in a stack that this guy had, but I won't disclose the price until I am pretty sure it's authentic. He had about 25 more, but only had so much with me so I was selective.;)

DukeSnider.jpg
HoytWilhelm.jpg
JohnnyMize.jpg

MickeyLolich.jpg
RalphKiner.jpg
WarrenSpahn.jpg

Well, if I got 4 OK's...

They were $5 each. He had some more when I was first there, but the owner was shopping so they had no price and said to come back. I did notice when I came back that 2 main signed cards (Sparky Anderson and Lou Brock) were gone. I remember a Jim Hunter ($5) and Charlie Gehringer ($15) among others. Good stuff eh?:p

3 deceased HOFers at $5 a pop is pretty nice. The Lolich is overpriced at $5 and the Snider is an easy auto as well, but $5 is not a bad price. Kiner is the same. All in all you did well. I'd snap up the Hunter if you have the chance and look at any other deceased players first. The cards are all commonly found collector issues, which in my mind drops the price down from say a nice vintage card signed by the same player, but still a good deal.

3 deceased HOFers at $5 a pop is pretty nice. The Lolich is overpriced at $5 and the Snider is an easy auto as well, but $5 is not a bad price. Kiner is the same. All in all you did well. I'd snap up the Hunter if you have the chance and look at any other deceased players first. The cards are all commonly found collector issues, which in my mind drops the price down from say a nice vintage card signed by the same player, but still a good deal.

Lolich charges $10 for his auto... goes to a charity.

They all look good to me. I collect this set signed, check out my sig. If these are for trade PLMK. If not and you are interested in trading for others also LMK. I have a bunch of doubles.

Jeff

only one that looks odd to me is the Spahn...but probably just where its a think marker i guess...doesn't match up with my IP stuff exactly.

The rest look spot on...good find i think.

They all look good to me. I collect this set signed, check out my sig. If these are for trade PLMK. If not and you are interested in trading for others also LMK. I have a bunch of doubles.

Jeff
I wasn't really thinking that originally, but it would have to be something I like. I was just picking them up for my IP/TTM collection. If I knew earlier, this guy had a decent size stack of these (40ish), most of which were from that set.

All I remember him saying is that he got them (personally?) about 20 years ago. I had to do memory recall (college student, so not too well) of who would be worth $5 for the non-major set card (i.e. Tom Tresh I let go by). Should've got some info from him so I could buy the rest later.:(

Too young to remember? Actually he died about a year ago...I thought it was more recent. I can understand the guys who died long ago or if you are not tracking/paying attention as well. Most of the lesser known guys don't get much news coverage. It's the guys who die young or major stars.

I collect signed cards and keep tabs on the players. I read the obits each Sunday looking for any sports stars that may have died that week and I also get some from baseball reference as well. Of course, I try to stay ahead of the death curve too. Sometimes I miss a guy or one dies unexpectedly...and that makes it tougher to get one for a reasonable price!