Messing around on Sportlots...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Is it a consignment site? Meaning are all of the cards listed in their inventory all in one place? So I can combine and save on shipping? Or is it an auction house where individual members list their cards and I have to pay S/H to each member I buy a card from?

The reason why I ask is I have 28 cards in my cart for a sub-total of $7.37.

$7.37/28 = just over $.26/cards. Great deal!
$20.32 postage for 28 cards?
Grand Total $27.69/28 cards = almost $.98/card!

And the real problem is that there are a ton more cards I need for my secondary player collections!

Is there a better way to do this? Am I going about it the wrong way?

Tal

No, it's not consignment. You list the cards you have, but you also have to pack and ship. They spot you a shipping fee, though.

So when you order from multiple sellers, you're paying at least the minimum shipping fee that each charges (there's some variation there). Basically you have to try and find as many cards as you can from the same seller to minimize shipping fees. Most sellers have discounts at certain quantities of cards ordered, so another reason to attempt to consolidate among as few sellers as possible.

Also, as a seller, the more you sell, the less percentage you pay in commission to the site. So if you're selling under $50, you don't make out all that well, but if you can do over $100 a month, you do better.

All in all, Sportlots is better for selling commons, but CheckOutMyCards probably works much better for anything over $1. Plus you get the visual aspect which Sportlots doesn't do (unless the card is priced at over $2.50 and the seller deigns to post a scan).

Thanks for the info. I did just place an order at checkoutmycards earlier tonight. Sportlots has A LOT more cards I would like to get though!

Tal

You might want to check out a site called "Just Commons" They have alot of cards and free shipping if you by $10 worth.

You might want to check out a site called "Just Commons" They have alot of cards and free shipping if you by $10 worth.

I've ordered from both Checkoutmycards and Sportslots, but haven't heard of "Just Commons". do you have a link?

And Tal, yes, ordering from Sportslots gets expensive for the shipping.

Please let me know on that link.

Thanks,

I have ordered from sportlots over 100 times. I think it is designed more for set builders because of the shipping factor. Some dealers will offer discounts of up to 40% for orders over 100 cards. I can knock out over 100 cards off my needs list for around 15.00 shipped. I always order from just one dealer at a time though.

Hope this helps.

Bryon

Thanks! I'll be checking this out! Best regards, David

just an fyi for those that don't know , justcommons is the new (well relatively new) site owned by mr mem....apparently he had issues when his old domain expired so when he moved to the new host mr mem cards became justcommons.... mr nouri is (IMO) one of the best out there....

I know they did some maintenance earlier in the week, but it's working for me at the moment.

just an fyi for those that don't know , justcommons is the new (well relatively new) site owned by mr mem....apparently he had issues when his old domain expired so when he moved to the new host mr mem cards became justcommons.... mr nouri is (IMO) one of the best out there....

Great! I ordered from this guy from his eBay auctions and also knew him from the Beckett Message Board! Best regards, David