Recent Pickup Thread October 2009

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

worldwideed

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I"ll start things off.
11/25
caseypatch.jpg

Lots of new pickups recently- especially Brauns

2008 Finest Finest Moments Autographs Refractors Red RB (N/A) #25/25
2008FinestFinestMomentsAutographsRe.jpg

2007 Topps 52 Signatures RB B (100)
2007Topps52SignaturesRB100.jpg

2008ToppsTripleThreadsRelicsPair-1.jpg
[/IMG]

2008UDPremierTriosAutographsFBHFiel.jpg

A big pickup for my 2005 TAA Chrome Refractor /55 set- his autos are nearly impossible to get, now puts me at over 1/3 of this set
2005TAAChromeAutoJakeScott.jpg

thanks for the look

Last edited:
Nice pick-ups everyone! I really like the Casey Patch. That's a nice one of "The Mayor".

This just came in the mail yesterday. I'm a life-long Bears fan, so this is a nice PC pickup. If anyone has a Football Beckett, I'd love to know if this books. I only do baseball, so it's not worth the money to look just one card up. If you do check, I also have the Roger Craig and am curious about the BV of that.

Thanks for looking!

John

08 Masterpieces Dick Butkus SOG Auto

ButkusMasterpiecesAuto.jpg

Here are some pick ups from the card show today:
new001-vi.jpg
Joe D

new002-vi.jpgnew003-vi.jpg
Chase Coffman #4/10 double patch (FOR TRADE)

new004-vi.jpg
new005-vi.jpg

Upper Deck Entomology Exchange Card

Nice pick-ups everyone! I really like the Casey Patch. That's a nice one of "The Mayor".

This just came in the mail yesterday. I'm a life-long Bears fan, so this is a nice PC pickup. If anyone has a Football Beckett, I'd love to know if this books. I only do baseball, so it's not worth the money to look just one card up. If you do check, I also have the Roger Craig and am curious about the BV of that.

Thanks for looking!

John

08 Masterpieces Dick Butkus SOG Auto

ButkusMasterpiecesAuto.jpg

Thats a great looking auto- and this is coming from a life-long Packers fan. Ive started slowly putting together the set and I absolutely love it

The Butkus books for 100 and the Roger Craig for 25. If you need others just lmk (imo though the bvs of this set are way undervalued based on what they sell for)

Last edited:
Thats a great looking auto- and this is coming from a life-long Packers fan. Ive started slowly putting together the set and I absolutely love it

The Butkus books for 100 and the Roger Craig for 25. If you need others just lmk (imo though the bvs of this set are way undervalued based on what they sell for)

THANKS for the BVs. Let me know if you need any baseball stuff looked up. I agree, these cards are undervalued. Most of them are extreme short prints and sell very high. I was fortunate to be on Ebay as soon as this was listed and paid $100 for it. May seem high, but you know what these sell for. I won't be working on the set, though. Which ones do you have/need?

I have completed the 07 Masterpieces Stroke of Genius set and only need Francoeur & Harang to complete the 08 set. Scans are in my PC if you want to see them.

I've been a Bears fan since I was 5 (I'm 29 now) and my best friend has been a Packers fan pretty much his whole life, so it's funny that 2 guys from Maine have chosen the top football rivalry teams to cheer for.

THANKS AGAIN!!!

John

Last edited:
2 57s,1 58 & a 1911

Haven't added to these two Topps sets for quite awhile....
mycards295.jpg

mycards296.jpg

&
mycards297.jpg

.................also
16 to go,to complete this 100 card set
mycards299.jpg

mycards298.jpg

THANKS for the BVs. Let me know if you need any baseball stuff looked up. I agree, these cards are undervalued. Most of them are extreme short prints and sell very high. I was fortunate to be on Ebay as soon as this was listed and paid $100 for it. May seem high, but you know what these sell for. I won't be working on the set, though. Which ones do you have/need?

I have completed the 07 Masterpieces Stroke of Genius set and only need Francoeur & Harang to complete the 08 set. Scans are in my PC if you want to see them.

I've been a Bears fan since I was 5 (I'm 29 now) and my best friend has been a Packers fan pretty much his whole life, so it's funny that 2 guys from Maine have chosen the top football rivalry teams to cheer for.

THANKS AGAIN!!!

John

Glad I could help. I think 100 for the Butkus isnt bad at all, the retired players in particular are going for huge amounts. I just started the set, I only have 14 so far and most of those are commons. I just bought a Ray Rice and am trying to get the Jerry Kramer auto next.

Ive looked through your bucket in the past and it was definitely something that inspired me to start this set- its amazing you were able to finish it

Its always strange to see where fans of a team end up- I just discovered here in Manhattan a bar that shows Badger and Packer games and is packed every weekend with fans of Wisconsin sports teams. Its nice though you have the built in rivalry in Maine though :D

If you ever need other football bvs dont hesitate to ask
Alex

Got these in today:

2009 Topps Ticket to Stardom David Wright Opening Day Ticket /107 which just happens to be the opening of Citi Field, so needless to say I was pretty excited about this one!

dwt.png

Normaly don't buy prospects but I almost got this for free so I couldn't pass it up, 2008 Donruss EEE Michel Inoa Auto RC /1199:

mi.png

Really liked this guy in college so I had to pick up an auto when I heard he was going to start last week, 2008 UD Premier Penmanship Josh Johnson Auto RC /99:

jj.png

Thanks for looking, Jeremy

Milestone!

I can't believe it, but I am finally at the 70% completion mark with my O'Neill collection! When I began my collection in May 2005, my initial goal was to get to 300 different cards. I never thought I'd be this far along in 4 years. Thanks again to those who have helped me along with the collection I wouldn't be anywhere close to where I am now without the help of great members like you.

Some recent mail:

1995 Score Redeemed *unlisted in OPG*
redeemed.jpg

1998 Topps Chrome Refractor
98chromeref.jpg

1998 Ultra Platinum Medallion /100
platinum.jpg

1999 Fleer Brilliants Gold /99
99gold.jpg

2000 Bowman Chrome Refractor
00bowrefr.jpg

2003 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites Refractor /299
03atff.jpg

2005 Topps Poland Spring [Yankee Stadium Giveaway in 2005] *unlisted in OPG*
05poland.jpg

2004 SP Patch Significant Numbers Dual Patch Auto /25
pon200406a.jpg

Some non-O'Neill PC pickups:

1997 Bowman Hideki Irabu TTM/IP Autograph (Thanks Waterboy!)
HidekiIrabu.jpg

1998 Donruss Signature Series Millenium Marks David Cone Autograph #ed 1000/1000 (last serial number!)
DavidCone.jpg

And last but not least, my first basketball purchase in over 15 years:

1992-93 Hoops #NNO Patrick Ewing Game Autograph ([ebay]120467321962[/ebay])

I have heard these are easily faked so I am hope the embossed seal on mine guarantees its authenticity. It's kinda hard to see in the scan but it is right underneath the middle portion of the signature. These autos usually sell for upwards of $150 so I am hoping I didn't fall victim to a fake but that I got a nice deal because of the poor scan. I have always wanted an Ewing auto, and I really like the old school design over the 03/04 UD autos he has.

ewing.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.