Review 2009 Topps Chrome - NFL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2009 Topps Chrome - NFL​

24 packs - 4 cards to the pack
'1 Rookie Autograph Card per Box!'

From the Topps website:
http://www.topps.com/productsellsheet/topps2009ToppsChromeFootball1348977.pdf
Checklist:
http://www.topps.com/product/ProductCheckListNew.aspx?Product_Id=1348

I pulled the following:

72 unique base cards plus 9 duplicates

jpg110.jpg

This issue - Chrome - lives up to it's name - the front of the card is a mirror - high gloss chrome/silver. There is an action shot of the player on the front and pro and personal stats on the reverse along with a short synopsis of the strengths of the player. The numbering system is TC1, TC2, etc. with the word 'refractor' printed on the card just to the left of the number.

Inserts

Refractors
2, 26, 31, 69, 184, 195, 213, 216

jpg112.jpg

Football Stars
5, 30, 71, 75, 90, 93

jpg111.jpg

Cheerleaders / Ring of Honor

jpg113.jpg

Kelli, Monica, Amanda
Santonio Holmes

Gold Parallels #ed to 649

jpg114.jpg

Connor Barwin
Patrick Chung

Rookie Auto

jpg115.jpg

Brian Orkapo

1/1 Cyan Printing Plate

jpg116.jpg

Deon Butler

VERY nice box... supposedly 96 cards to the box... I received 103 - if I counted correctly. COOL!

This should be a great issue for the set builder and collector. One should be able to get enough cards for close to a set with 3 boxes or so and have extras for trading.

The inserts I found to be interesting. I like the Football Star insert. Very simple card and well designed for my taste. The Cheerleaders are a nice respite from the everyday football card. I also like the numbering of the gold parallels. Maybe next time the refractors could be numbered???

Auto is a sticker auto - blue Sharpee. This particular sticker was off just a bit - not completely straight, but the card was designed for a sticker and I did not get a redemption card - thank goodness!

The big surprise - a 1/1 cyan printing plate - very nice pull!!

Overall grade A++ 103 cards in a 96 card box!!

Go buy several boxes and send the holdout Michael Crabtree cards to me!!

Duane

I see that back of the rivers card...if it comes with a front, and no one's lookin for it...

Duane,

Did you happen to pull any Johnny Knox cards? He plays for the Chicago Bears and is a rookie this year. I am not sure of the card number.

Jeff