How do you send TTM cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deltacards

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
New to this, but I've already sent out a few. Here's how I send mine:

-Send the whole package to the player in a 6"x9" clasp envelope. Inside the main envelope I include:

(1) Letter requesting a signature

(2) SASE (i use 3 5/8"x 6 1/2" pull & seal white envelops but they have security tinting for confidentiality

(3) Cards I would like to get signed. I have only sent out 1 or 2 cards each to the players because I can only fit up 2 cards in a single toploader. I use a penny sleeve and toploader.

The whole package including the price of stamps for both enveolpes and the price for the two envelopes usually cost me around a total of $2-$2.50 for each package.

I'm pretty new to the whole TTM scene and was wondering if this is pretty similar to how some of you veteran TTM senders do your packages. Is there a cheaper way? I'm definitely not opposed to paying $2-$2.50 per package, but I don't see any since in paying more if I don't have.

thanks for any help!
Nate

The cheapest way.. and the way I do it:

1) Write the letter, then fold it like a normal letter.
2) Put the cards you wish to get signed in the letter (NO TOPLOADER)
3) Prepare the SASE (PWE) (Address, 1 Stamp, Return Address)
4) Fold the SASE to fit it into the regular envelope (PWE)
5) Address the PWE, put 1 stamp onto it, put a return label, and put the SASE, the letter, and the cards into an envelope.

The toploader can sometimes cause the cards to get smeared if the athlete is in a hurry and also it puts less time into the athlete signing. Also, you can fit more cards in the envelope. I have never had a problem with cards getting bent.

I do it the same as the 2 above. Ive never had a problem with bent cards. Sometimes some of the older guys will sign the penny sleeve or toploader instead of the card.

thanks for the feedback guys! Glad to hear it! I should be able to get each package sent for a $1 (including 2 stamps and 2 envelopes)

thanks
Nate

This works:

1 big envelope with stamp.

1 small envelope with stamp.

put the small envelope in the big envelope with the cards, ive put up to 4 and a note, i use a index card.

Thanks guys... Went to wal-mart tonight and bought a book of 20 stamps, so monday I will mail out to 10 new guys (actually 9 guys and 1 gal as I plan to send Rebecca Lobo her RC to get signed :) ) using the new and cheaper method.

Thanks for all the help!!!
Nate

Last edited:
Getting all addresses from TTM Database

Baseball:
Ron Cey (2 cards)
Joe Carter (1 card)
Bobby Thomson (2 cards)

Basketball:
Rebecca Lobo (1 card)
Dirk Nowitzki (1 card)
Bill Russell (1 card)

Football:
Ozzie Newsome (2 cards)
Herschel Walker (1 card)

Hockey:
Jeremy Roenick (3 cards)

do you anything about the signing habbits of these guys?
Thanks
Nate

All but Russell have signed in the mail at some point. Russell will not sign unless he is being paid. He didn't sign as a player at all nor after he retired until someone broke him down to sign for around 500 per graph. He is cheaper now but well over $100. Good luck to you.

All but Russell have signed in the mail at some point. Russell will not sign unless he is being paid. He didn't sign as a player at all nor after he retired until someone broke him down to sign for around 500 per graph. He is cheaper now but well over $100. Good luck to you.

Thanks!!!! I got the addy from the database and it had several successes but when i went back and looked it was bill russell yhe all star baseball player not the hall of fame basketball playet. Glad i havent mailed yet!

Thanks!
Nate

I do it pretty similar to baseball24 too but a couple of tweaks... I use a business sized envelope to send out and a "letter" size.. not sure what you call it.. for the SASE. And I stick the card(s) in a semi-rigid toploader and have only had one guy sign it so far. I've had cards come back where the guy didn't put the cards back into the toploader and gotten them dinged on the corners, edges, surface etc. which is no huge deal but worth noting. If you don't want to use a toploader you can slip a 3x5 index card into your SASE for a little extra protection. I put it inside there so it doesn't look like I'm asking them to sign it too and it's one less thing for them to hassle with. I've had a couple of guys pull it out and sign it anyway though.

I send out business sized envelopes with smaller for SASE. Depending on the card; old ones without gloss I will send in a top-loader while new ones I'll fold a 4x6 index card in half and put the card inside. That works well and I've had several come back with a quick note on it.