PDA

View Full Version : Another shill bidding scum Ebay seller to avoid

jlzinck
10-06-2009, 12:08 PM
scdixon0

He has an Absolute Aaron Curry RPM Reebok Patch #4/5.

I came across him because I have the same card #2/5 and wanted to see if there any more on Ebay.

Well his sold for $44 and change and when I looked into the "winning" bidder I see he has 17 bids in the last month all with the seller. Winning bidder is huntingfish1959 and he left feedback for receipt of card along with 2 other cards

So then why is the card, as well as the other 2 cards huntingfish1959 won for sale again by original buyer?? Obviously because he is a scumbag.

The current hi bidder has 0 feedback and has bid on 16 items from the seller in the last 30 days (100% of his bids)

Current 0 FB bidder is high bidder on at least 7 of this jerk's auctions and all 99 bids placed in the last 30 days have been with this seller.

So if you know af anyone bidding on his items let them know.

David K.
10-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Looks like shilling to me......I reported a seller...he had several bidders with zero feedback.....Even when their won....no feedback between them.....eBay did nothing...a few years ago....saw one of feedback from one of his auctions.....and the buyer figured out he was using shillers!! Best regards, David

mlbme22
10-06-2009, 09:24 PM
That's crazy- you would think Ebay would do something about it.

David K.
10-06-2009, 09:35 PM
That's crazy- you would think Ebay would do something about it.

That's what I thought......The guy was a power seller from back in New Jersey!

CharlieBrown
10-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Yeah, eBay will jump right on that...Not! They get a bigger cut if he shills his price up.

VistaViper
10-07-2009, 02:37 PM
He loses money by paying the Ebay fees everytime, right? So, how is he making money, in the big picture, by doing that over and over again?

Mark Wing
10-07-2009, 02:56 PM
He loses money by paying the Ebay fees everytime, right? So, how is he making money, in the big picture, by doing that over and over again?

My assumption is whatever money he makes by driving up the price of his auctions is greater than the eBay fees he pays when his shills win. Keep in mind that in any auction, the price is set by the highest losing bid.

Mark

opcfan
10-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Keep in mind that in any auction, the price is set by the highest losing bid.

Mark

Wow Mark I never thought of it that way. I now know I have set alot of high prices on Ebay. LOL