PDA

View Full Version : For the Mods... Bench Point Question...

abncal
10-22-2009, 09:04 AM
Ok, so I'm close to 100 points :D and I've been counting down the trades until I get there. I recently completed (2) trades which should have brought me up from 96 to 98 but I still have only 96 points and the trade has been completed for over 5 days now. I thought maybe I was wrong so I did a search on all my completed trades... counted once... counted twice... wouldn't you know it, I counted 110 completed trades!! :confused:
So maybe I thought that the rules might say something about this so I looked up the FAQs on Bench points and this is what it says, "The Bench Points are our way of keeping track of the number of trades a member has completed. For every completed sale or trade, a member receives one point. The points are automatically updated every night by the Trade Manager after confirmation of receipt by both members involved in the deal."
So should I have 110 bench points or am I missing something? Thanks for the help!

Josh

slavlite
10-22-2009, 09:29 AM
It depends, You may have, over the course of your trading history here, Traded with one trader too close together.

Say you and I make a trade on monday, POst it and mail out. Tehn We both find something for each other again on wednesday and post a second trade.

Those trades are posted too close together to count as seperate bench points, I believe the wait time is 5 days between trades with the same user to recieve seperate bench points.

I also believe that completed free card transactions will show up in a trade search, so if you ever recieved posted free cards from someone, you may be including those in your trade count.

Hope that makes sense.

-Nick

After a quick scan of your completed trades, I counted at least 7 or 8 Free card posts which do not gain Bench points, I didnt have time to check all of the posting dates with same traders.

abncal
10-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Ok, that does makes sense.... the most recent trade I just completed was pretty much back to back... forgot about the free cards. Is there anyway to "fix" the back to back trade scenario, I mean a trade is a trade, right? Thanks for the help! :)

slavlite
10-22-2009, 12:35 PM
A trade is not a trade, in some cases. The rule is in place so people to do not take advantage of the trade manager i.e. making a five card deal and posting it as 5 seperate 1 card deals.

abncal
10-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Gotcha... again makes perfect sense! Thanks for the help!

Josh