PDA

View Full Version : Question about Delivery Confirmation

timfsu2k
11-07-2009, 03:47 PM
I was just wondering what would happen if you purchased DC on a package and it was never delivered? I sold something on ebay, and the thought crossed my mind. The buyer did not want insurance, so I did not buy any. Anyone ever had a DC package not delivered?

JamesNevans
11-07-2009, 03:51 PM
I think proof of delivery is the base requirement for PayPal, what happens when it gets there is beyond your responsibility if they don't provide insurance. I'm sure it happens as mail gets stolen from boxes or may even be misdelivered in some cases.

timfsu2k
11-07-2009, 03:55 PM
James - What I mean to ask is what if the USPS website never shows the item as being delivered? It starts out as "accepted", then moves to "processing" at whatever sorting center is closest, then generally shows "delivered". What if it never moves beyond the first or second level? What if it stays at "accepted" and never moves? That is my question.

JamesNevans
11-07-2009, 04:01 PM
Okay, they may have forgotten to scan it the last step, that's one that a postal employee should answer, but I think it's only a problem if the bidder fails to acknowledge receipt. I wonder if a postal employee noted that it wasn't insured but figured it of value with the DC to steal it, doubtful as it does narrow down the area of concern for any inspectors.

timfsu2k
11-07-2009, 04:36 PM
That's what I was thinking, that it would be pretty easy to narrow it down. I guess if it's not delivered, then Paypal would rule against me. Hopefully it won't come to that. Thanks for the input.

akamikey2001
11-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Ive had that happen to me. The PO said it must of not got scanned on delivery. You can get a refund on the dc but thats about it. Hopefully something shows up saying delivered to help you out in your pp case.

jackatl
11-07-2009, 07:31 PM
I have also sold something on eBay, sent it using DC, and it said "Accepted" and said it had been processed at a post office near where the buyer lived, but it never said "Received". I didn't even know about it until after three weeks after the auction ended, the buyer contacted me and said they never received the item. I talked to the people at my local post office and asked them how this could have happened. They said it probably got damaged along the way, or might have just gotten lost. So the buyer filed an item not received claim on PayPal (as they should have, I truly believe they never received the item based on the DC information). I stated my case to PayPal, but they sided with the buyer because of the DC information.

So basically I sent my item using DC, the USPS lost it, and I was out the item and the money it went for on eBay. And now, who knows where that item is. My local post office says they bundle lost packages like this together and put it up for auction sight unseen.

Hope this is helpful information.

Jack

DaClyde
11-07-2009, 07:42 PM
DC is almost completely worthless, the USPS almost never updates the tracking and only scans the final delivery about 60% of the time whenever I've used it. If you want proof of delivery, you pretty much have to go with signature confirmation.

timfsu2k
11-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Well, I must say that is a pretty sorry thing. I think if they lose a package that you have paid extra to confirm delivery on you should be refunded all of your money, postage included. It really stinks because now if it doesn't arrive I will be out the price of the item, the price of the postage, the paypal fees, and the ebay fees. Sig confirmation is pretty pricey is it not? Really not feasible?

75zito
11-07-2009, 10:13 PM
You should always purchase insurance, even with delivery conformation if buyer says item is damaged, delivery conformation will do you no good, and paypal will take your money, I learned the hardway!

Christopher

timfsu2k
11-07-2009, 11:01 PM
That would be nice to do, but then you're getting into the $4 range to ship one card. That would make selling most cards pointless unless it was some big high dollar item that a guy like me would never have in the first place. Just trying to pick up a couple bucks here and there selling decent, mid range cards.

solomon999
11-08-2009, 12:01 AM
i had on two different times have someone send me cards with dc's and never got them. the post office send they were put in my mail box on such and such date, but i never got them.
they gave me a lame excuse that someone must have taken them from my mail box. i honestly think that the mailman was a card collector.

i was very lucky though the sender felt very bad about it and sent me a different card.
i'll have you know they weren't cheap cards onw was 50.00 and the other was 85.

75zito
11-09-2009, 09:50 PM
i had on two different times have someone send me cards with dc's and never got them. .

We talked this right up....

I bought something for my laptop 3 weeks ago.. I emailed seller and he forwarded me a tracking number saying it was delivered on the 30th of Oct at 9:48 am... My mail doesnt get here until 5 pm most days... :( :mad: Now im out the $40 because of no insurance.. lol

Christopher