Autographed GU

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deltacards

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Was thinking of sending some gu cards to some players who have a good TTM record and seeing if i can get them signed... I was wondering if anyone else has tried this, and how it has worked.... Do you do anything different as far as shipping (i.e. i usually don't send in a toploader)

lmk
thanks
Nate

here are a couple I've sent...I just use one of those magnetic snap holders that is big enough for whatever GU I send...they work well for this...and then just bubble mailers smaller SASE inside of a bigger one.

I sent this one out and thought it would look great signed and since Joe T is a great TTM signer I figured not much to lose...too bad I forgot to rub it down with powder before I sent it....

JoeT.jpg

Then there is this one....Ron Cey...another great TTM'er so figured it was safe to send...it's #001/250 :

RonCey.jpg

this is the only one i have got
BobbyDoerrGUsigned.jpg
odds are if you send out in a PWE even in a toploader its going to get creased still, mine did even though you can't really tell in the scan

yeah...if you dont they will get eaten by the machine lol....we just had a discussion about this in another thread after someone got a Cey card like the one I posted here chewed up.

Funny - the only damage I've had with getting a signed TTM back in the mail was with a GU'd. I'm guessing it was the auto-sorting machine that did the trick.

I live on the east coast and sent a TTM to Bobby Doerr in Oregon. The return was super quick, but the card came back creased. I don't work in the postal industry, but I'd guess the envelope went through the maximum number of auto-sorters possible.

I'd hate to think that is true because that would mean each and every trade I have done with a GU in a bubble and toploader has been damaged and not one person has said anything about it

you are prob right....bubble mailer prob ok if you put a blank or something in there to brace it...but i wouldn't risk it in a regular envelope...i've seen some bubble mailers come in that look like the driver sat on it to pad his seat lol.

I think as long as you have the gu in a toploader and bubbler there won't be a problem unless you are on mindbinge's mail route lol