PDA

View Full Version : Movie: New Moon...

David K.
11-21-2009, 01:30 AM
Okay....how many of you have already seen this movie. After working overtime....Got off at 11:30 am and saw the movie Blindside! Thinking about watching the New Moon movie tomorrow...Who seen the movie and would you recommend it? Best regards, David

jrchoholic83
11-21-2009, 02:36 AM
I hear bad things, but that's just because a friend was dissapointed that there were no werewolves, they were just men who turned into wolves, not a hybrid.

Loyalty32
11-21-2009, 02:37 AM
I'll be going Monday to see it. My wife is into the books and such. I myself could really care less...

Thanks
Craig

avstars
11-21-2009, 02:41 AM
I don't understand why this series is so popular.

Taliasen
11-21-2009, 03:01 AM
I am taking my wife to see it tomorrow. I like wolves and vampires, but the "Underworld" movies are much better then this series IMO.

Tal

David K.
11-21-2009, 10:19 AM
I hear bad things, but that's just because a friend was dissapointed that there were no werewolves, they were just men who turned into wolves, not a hybrid. Our movie review claims that this story line is based on the second book....and is the worst of the four books.

I'll be going Monday to see it. My wife is into the books and such. I myself could really care less...

Thanks
Craig I saw the first movie twilight after it had been out for 5 weeks....and it was okay!

Books and movies geared to Teenage girls.

I am taking my wife to see it tomorrow. I like wolves and vampires, but the "Underworld" movies are much better then this series IMO.

Tal Loved the "Underworld" movies! 26 million movie goers saw the new moon.....could be over 100 million by the end of the week. Best regards, David

mlbme22
11-21-2009, 10:21 AM
I also saw "Blindside"- really liked it
Not into the Twilight movies

greatdadx2
11-21-2009, 10:36 AM
My wife and two daughters went to the midnight showing on Thurs/Fri. My oldest says it was better than the first (Twilight). Just their two cents :D

David K.
11-21-2009, 11:15 AM
I also saw "Blindside"- really liked it
Not into the Twilight movies
Loved the Blindside Movie.......9 out of 10 possible.

My wife and two daughters went to the midnight showing on Thurs/Fri. My oldest says it was better than the first (Twilight). Just their two cents :D
Thanks for the information. Best regards, David

gngolfn2
11-21-2009, 11:25 AM
I saw New moon at midnight. I have a 11 year old daughter who is obsessed with the books . she loved it. I thought it was okay. I was the only guy over the age of 40 in the whole theater that was a little strange.

VistaViper
11-21-2009, 11:25 AM

Thanks
Craig

Craig,

You can't kid us! We know you care!!:p

premium1981
11-21-2009, 12:15 PM

I am the same way. I just do not see the appeal. But then again, I am not a 14 year old girl either (last time I checked anyway). :D

timfsu2k
11-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Steffan took my answer.

mintman2
11-21-2009, 04:11 PM
I saw New moon at midnight. I have a 11 year old daughter who is obsessed with the books . she loved it. I thought it was okay. I was the only guy over the age of 40 in the whole theater that was a little strange.

It's good to hear that all the other guys over 40 weren't strange ! :D

chieftazmisty
11-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Steffan took my answer.

Hey Tim
THis is true but he roots for Duke(lol
Later
Tom

David K.
11-21-2009, 07:58 PM
I saw New moon at midnight. I have a 11 year old daughter who is obsessed with the books . she loved it. I thought it was okay. I was the only guy over the age of 40 in the whole theater that was a little strange. Saw the movie today.....luckly is was dark!

Craig,

You can't kid us! We know you care!!:p : )

I am the same way. I just do not see the appeal. But then again, I am not a 14 year old girl either (last time I checked anyway). :D:eek:

Steffan took my answer.:D

It's good to hear that all the other guys over 40 weren't strange ! :D Amen!

Hey Tim
Later
Tom

:)

premium1981
11-22-2009, 07:49 AM
Hey Tim
Later
Tom

I am going to have to look into it, but I think calling anyone a dook fan can get you banned from the whole internet, not just this site.

chieftazmisty
11-22-2009, 08:30 AM
I am going to have to look into it, but I think calling anyone a dook fan can get you banned from the whole internet, not just this site.

Hey Mr Premium
Does that mean you and Pit of Steel will be banned then. for rooting for the dorks
:eek: :eek: :D :D
In the meantime I hope The Tarheels get a little better than they looked against The Orangeman
Later
Chief

premium1981
11-22-2009, 08:42 AM
In the meantime I hope The Tarheels get a little better than they looked against The Orangeman

Yea, that was pretty bad. I would of been upset the last couple years if they would of lost like that. But after losing 4 starters, and playing with 5 freshmen in the rotation, its going to happen. Roy Williams is a master at developing talent, and I fully expect this to be a totally different team come January. Everyone better get us while its early.

PS....UNC could lose the next 20 games and still be the DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

chieftazmisty
11-22-2009, 08:49 AM
Yea, that was pretty bad. I would of been upset the last couple years if they would of lost like that. But after losing 4 starters, and playing with 5 freshmen in the rotation, its going to happen. Roy Williams is a master at developing talent, and I fully expect this to be a totally different team come January. Everyone better get us while its early.

PS....UNC could lose the next 20 games and still be the DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Mr Premium
They are the DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPS until April 2010 when maybe a new champion will be crowned or maybe a repeat for the Tarheels.
I like Roy Williams as a coach . He gets more out of his players and usually hits the right five at times. I think he is better than your dookie coach.
Have a great season and Myabe we can get a little challenge going like I have had with Mr Fatboycards.
Later
Chief

Jaybo374
11-22-2009, 09:35 PM
A dodged a bullet tonight. I promised that my wife that I'd take her to see it. But when 5:30 came around and it was time for us to take off...she was too tired and went to bed around the same time as our 5 year old daughter, 7:00.

I'm sure I'll have to suck it up at some point and go see it.

As for beng geared for 13 year old girls, you aren't kidding. Virtually half of the seventh grade girls I teach has already seen it. Also, the copies of all of the Twighlight series books I have in my classroom fly off the shelf being borrowed by the same girls.

-sigh- I sure miss looking forward for the next Star Wars movie.

David K.
11-27-2009, 12:12 AM
A dodged a bullet tonight. I promised that my wife that I'd take her to see it. But when 5:30 came around and it was time for us to take off...she was too tired and went to bed around the same time as our 5 year old daughter, 7:00.

I'm sure I'll have to suck it up at some point and go see it.

As for beng geared for 13 year old girls, you aren't kidding. Virtually half of the seventh grade girls I teach has already seen it. Also, the copies of all of the Twighlight series books I have in my classroom fly off the shelf being borrowed by the same girls.

-sigh- I sure miss looking forward for the next Star Wars movie.

Can't dodge it forever!

Jaybo374
11-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Can't dodge it forever!

Dodged it again on Wednesday and today. Tomorrow we head to see my parents and sisters in MA so we can't see it for at least a week. :p