PDA

View Full Version : Bench chat room

chaplain11
11-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Just curious if there had been any recent consideration reinstating the bench chat room? I can only speak for myself but can assume many other members enjoyed the opportunity to have "live" conversations and trade talks with other traders on the boards.

I know there was some issues previously but having an established code of conduct agreement requirement prior to being able to log in would set the stage for members before they get in the room. Punishment for infractions could be anything from them not even being able to log in to the chat again, a suspension from the site for a predetermined period of time or a complete ban from the site.

It has been long enough since the chat was shut down that those that were causing problems have either stopped logging in or have been banned for other actions. I say BRING BACK THE CHAT:D

Dewayne

porkchops
11-21-2009, 09:58 PM
I agree,it's time consider reopening the chatroom.
Ken

Taliasen
11-21-2009, 10:22 PM
I can not say with 100% certainty, but based on conversations that I remember, unfortunately, it will not now or ever come back. Sorry,

Tal

David K.
11-21-2009, 10:27 PM
Only used it a few times. But I could see where the Chat room could be useful.....Should have a moderator in the Chat room and it should be open during certain hours. Monday thru Friday 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm... Saturday and Sunday 10:00 am to 9:00 pm. Best regards, David

Fatboycards
11-21-2009, 11:16 PM
If I remember correctly not only did we have issues with some members abusing the chat room ,but it was alos a huge drain on the system we use to run the Bench.

chaplain11
11-22-2009, 01:23 AM
I was not aware of the band width issue but thought I would see what the probability was. I enjoyed using it but if it is not going to happen that is just life. Thanks for chimming in guys.

Dewayne

Fatboycards
11-22-2009, 03:24 AM
Dewayne
The 2 people with the most knowledge on this subject would be Mark Wing or Peter.

premium1981
11-22-2009, 07:46 AM
I liked the chat room as well, but there are too many immature people that ruin it for everyone. That also puts more added work on the mod team to have to monitor another area. In an ideal world, the chat room would be great. But unfortunatly I think we would have the same issues as before if it was reopened.

75zito
11-22-2009, 08:48 AM
I like chat.. but can see where it would cause problems... you guys should check out Xfire.. its free.. you can make a "Bench Chat" and invite members etc.. I use it when i play Team Fortress 2 with a few of my friends.... has a lot of features on it....

Actually they have a VBull. mod also that would allow members to post their Xfire name.. similar to the ebay mod that is on here...

Just a thought...

http://www.xfire.com/

Christopher

sepul1
11-22-2009, 08:53 AM
i miss chat

tglg
11-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Chat does sound really cool. I don't remember ever seeing it here, so it was either before my arrival or maybe during one of my down times. Sounds cool though.