stuff for sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mindbinge

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I think there should be a rule or something with stuff for sale...i get tired of clicking on links for sale in each forum that just say "check my site"...gets annoying after a while and there are a few here who do it.

maybe the mods could re-visit the for sale rules or something and make up some new guidelines? would be nice if people had to post a price with what they are selling if it's just for sale...i can see on stuff that is for sale or for trade where people might not want to put a price up...but if just selling then it might keep people form asking the same "how much for xxxx?" question over and over again with a reply that just says "PM sent"....that gets kinda old after a while as well....

just a couple of ideas :)

This idea was posed at some point over the summer, and it was decided that we have enough forums as it is. Adding another forum for items for sale would only add to the amount and to the clutter.

Steph

This idea was posed at some point over the summer, and it was decided that we have enough forums as it is. Adding another forum for items for sale would only add to the amount and to the clutter.

Steph

I think you totally mis read what i said...lol...i was in no way saying to add another forum as i fully agree there are enough already lol.

I was saying to stop the "check my site" posts and maybe require sellers who are only selling and not trading to post up a price.

Nice in theory but I think that would add a lot of work for the Mods. Plus, once you try to dictate the way people like to sell I can see a lot of potential problems.

I think you totally mis read what i said...lol...i was in no way saying to add another forum as i fully agree there are enough already lol.

I was saying to stop the "check my site" posts and maybe require sellers who are only selling and not trading to post up a price.

My apologies if I did. However, as Matt said, there is no real way we can require this.

Steph

My apologies if I did. However, as Matt said, there is no real way we can require this.

Steph

lol...no apologies needed steph, wasn't upset or anything...and I'm still drooling over that nice Unique laundry tag pull your friend had that you posted...i never get that lucky lol.

i guess on the for sale stuff that would be a lot of work for the mods...but the "check my site" stuff doesn't seem any different from the "Check my bucket" posts...just gets old...figured i would make the suggestion.

I think my for sale thread idea was the one from earlier. I agree though. It gets old to see FS threads, only to find ..."check my site", "make offer" and neither, just a list of unpriced cards.

If you don't know what you want or want to test the market, there is a clever process in which you can do so...IT'S CALLED AN AUCTION!

It's nice to know what someone wants ahead of time, even though bartering in this hobby is common, it gives someone a start point. I have nearly stopped asking about unpriced stuff and shops, shows and even online.

Final thought, here is a good one and often awkward.

Buyer: "How much for this card (card is obviously unpriced)?"
Seller: "I'm gonna need to get $25 for that card."
Buyer: "O.K., Thanks anyways."
Seller: "Well, if $25 is too much, what do you want to pay for it?"
Buyer: "I was thinking I'd be willing to go $15 for it."
Seller: "Forget it. Why are you wasting my time. This card books for $30 and the player is hot (whether either is true or not)! I can get $30+ easily for it on ebay!"