autograph question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ellis Shoe

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Hey guys, I have a question for you all. I am trying to get the entire 05 Bowman Heritage set signed as some may know. Well I have a Nick Swisher auto and recently got an Xavier Nady auto from the 06 Bowman Originals Buybacks set that is signed on 05 Bowman Heritage. My question is would you guys leave them sealed in the case they come in or would you take them out and add them to the set in the binder (I actually have the 80$ MJ Roop leather binder made for the set)? Below is a link to an ebay item for another buyback just to show you the case they are sealed in. The seal is just a topps sticker across the top of the holder.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CLINT-BARMES-20...ZViewItemQQptZUS_Baseball?hash=item5ad6030529

Any input or opinions is greatly appreciated.

I like to keep them in there for my Kazmir Collection.. It also may be easier to flip them if you decide to get rid of them knowing that they are still in the case.. However I know there are some fakes out there..

06bowmanoriginalsbuyback05bc.jpg

I believe that one is a fake because beckett makes no claim of a 2005 BC /56

The fact that it can be so easily cracked was a mistake on Topps part.. It basically boils down to how you are going to display them.. And how you like to store your cards

If you don't intend to sell them in the future I would put them in the binder. That was they all the cards are in one place. Just my 2 cents.

If you don't intend to sell them in the future I would put them in the binder. That was they all the cards are in one place. Just my 2 cents.

that's what i have done with a few Mets that came with the cases....popped them out and put them in the binder

btw did you get my message i sent yesterday for possible trade?

I won't touch 2006 Bowman Originals and such any more after getting a bad Pujols. Pretty much my thought on all of those "buybacks". Topps sealing isn't worth a hoot, and on one site I belong to, someone posted a website to actually buy the same hologram style stickers.

I had to deal with paypal on one, and yes, I got my money back, but was out the $10 it cost me to send the card back with signature confirmation and such. The seller put the card right back on ebay. I have checked him, and he sells a ton of "buyback" cards, and only big name stars. None of the cheaper ones, always A-Rod, Pujols and the likes.

But that said, I would keep what you have sealed, and just get the one's for the set by another means. Good luck, Tony.

that's what i have done with a few Mets that came with the cases....popped them out and put them in the binder

btw did you get my message i sent yesterday for possible trade?

Hey sorry, I thought I replied to you and I have had several things going on so I didnt realize I didnt, sorry about that. I would make the deal for Pete. If both of them picture him as a Brave, it doesnt matter which one you send.

Thanks!