Review 09 Topps Tribute Baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
09 Topps Tribute Baseball​

6 packs per box - 5 cards per pack
'One Relic or Autographed relic Card #ed to 99 or Less in Every Pack!'

I received the following:

18 base cards

jpg204.jpg

This ultra premium issue has a mirror finish on the front (shows finger prints very easily.) The cards are very thick and have no 'bend' to them at all - and will easily rip the spokes right out of your bike!! Tribute features both players from the past as well as current players - such as Ty Cobb, McCovey, Mantle, Yaz, Snider, Zimmer, Gibson, to name a few. The reverse has the player's career stats along with a synopsis of his career.

Inserts

Blue / Black Parallels

Blue #ed to 219 // Black #ed to 99

jpg205.jpg

Blue
Ray Knight
Lance Berkman
Duke Snider

Black
Chase Utley
Randy Johnson

Gold #ed to 25

jpg206.jpg

Willie McCovey

Game Used and Autos

Game Used

jpg207.jpg

Berkman Jsy

jpg209.jpg

Jackson bat #ed to 75 - Blue

jpg208.jpg

Ichiro jsy #ed to 50 - Black

jpg210.jpg

Gary Carter auto and jsy #ed to 50 - Black

jpg211.jpg

Duke Snider auto and bat #ed to 25 - Gold

jpg212.jpg

Daryl Strawberry auto and dual bat #ed to 25 - Gold

This ultra premium issue should be great for the player collector. One has several parallels to chase of each card - black, blue, gold, plus relic cards. The boxes are relatively expensive (in Orlando $240 per box - $40 per pack!!) and one receives only 6 packs in the box. This will make the set builder need at least 6 boxes for the opportunity to receive the base set of 100 - not for the faint of heart.

The auto cards look great and are designed for the sticker autos. They are done very, very well.

Overall grade A+ slightly expensive - maybe more packs per box??

Go break the piggy bank and buy several boxes and send the Longoria and Hamilton cards to me!!

Duane

nice looking cards!!!! I love that Bo Jackson card - great pic and goes well with being a BAT card - thanks for another great 'break' :) - erik

Another great review Duane. That may be the best looking Jackson card I've ever seen. Love the pic.

If the Snider is available, plmk what you need for it.

Thanks,
Brad

Very cool stuff. If you snagged any Cubs base or a Ryne Sandberg base, I was able to snag a Longoria base card I could send you.
-Casey

Nice break. That Ichiro is awesome. As is the Bo. And the Strawberry is freaking amazing. This product looks very cool. Thanks for another excellent review.

Now that's a Metly box. Very nice. (It's too bad they put the Duke in that other team's uniform instead of the blue and orange.)

Got a Keith Hernandez base in there? (Picked up the blue and gold versions already.)

Duane, anyway I can get the Brooklyn Dodgers in this break? I love the look of these cards and I don't have any of them yet besides a Podres AU/Jsy I just bought.
Thanks for the Review!
Zac