Points for sending free card(s)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NYBBNUTT

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I couldn't find any Bench rules on points being awarded for sending free cards. I had a new member send me a free card to complete my 2008 Topps base set. When I confirmed receipt of the card the trade disappeared and no points were awarded to the new member. Not sure if points are awarded for a non-trade so I thought I'd follow up for him. thanks

As I've understood, "Bench points" are only given for a trade where both parties send items and are able to provide feedback on those items. Who's going to give unbiased feedback when getting free cards?

Free cards or cards for a SASE=no Bench points. It's not really a trade but a gift so that is why no Bench points are awarded.

No points..but you help other bench members and you make friends! Sort of like a TV ad where one person helps a total stranger and that person helps someone else. Best regards, David

Free cards or cards for a SASE=no Bench points. It's not really a trade but a gift so that is why no Bench points are awarded.
ok I wasn't sure and never really paid attention when I sent free cards. Just want to get an answer to a new member. thanks for the quick response.