What's The Most Frustrating Thing A Benchie Could Say To You?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rarthur

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Just a totally random discussion here. I want to know what are somethings that a Trader and/or Seller say that are the most frustrating to you when trying to work out a trade?

Feel free to include:

1. Potential or Common Frustrations
2.Worst Thing You Have Been Told

When you've gone to the trouble of pulling cards and they tell you later that their list was out of date and they no longer need them.

One that is probably more common to me is when I have say a specific $8 need card for someone and they don't have anything I need and they complain that I can't just find something off their skimpy trade list to make it work for them, but come up with $12 in common parallels and they think I'm ripping them off!

Agreed with both of the two above

I haven't said mine yet so here it goes:

Common Situation: I want a card generally under $10 BV or so (generally a Harden GU) from people. They then look at my Bucket or Beckett and say, I would only even think about trading for this $30-$60 card. I would rather be told that they liked said card but it books for more. When I hear I would only think about trading for *** Card, I am very put off of ever trying to work out deals

WORST EVER: Acutally wasn't on the Bench, was on EBay. I was looking into purchasing a 2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Jiovanni Mier Refractor AU, It was listed about 3x too high so I offered about $15 or so and was told, "They sell for way more than that, GET A GRIP." Guaranteed will NEVER buy from this Ebay seller and they clearly got what they deserve when the card never sold and they now frequently sell for under $10

"Sorry, but I forgot to delete the "fill in card here" from my bucket after I traded it.:"
Wait, that what I usually end up saying. DOH

I know..."NO, I won't trade my $8 auto for your $8 game-used", because, obviously an $8 auto is worth more than another card, that the professionals...well the people that run Beckett...say is an $8 card."

"Sorry, but I forgot to delete the "fill in card here" from my bucket after I traded it.:"

I know..."NO, I won't trade my $8 auto for your $8 game-used", because, obviously an $8 auto is worth more than another card, that the professionals...well the people that run Beckett...say is an $8 card."

I definitely get where you're coming from on the Bucket thing but I am a little more forgiving about that now considering all of Photobucket's rumored "viruses". It still is definitely a waste of time

LOL This actually touches on mine. People that think Beckett is the end-all-be-all of prices. I stopped picking up Morgan Ensberg cards because of this. I would ask about an Ensberg auto that for some unfathomable reason Beckett still lists at the price they were at when he was a vaunted prospect. That person would want a $100 BV trade in return.