deleting thread responses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

superpieman

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
i see far to often on this site people coming into a thread to talk down someones card or the value they want for it or wether they want to trade by BV or SV. i dont know if they just have nothing better to do or want to knock the value down so they can get it cheap. my point is they make our threads look bad as well as can possibly discourage other traders if they read someone talking down the card. is there anyway to make it so we can delete responses to our threads? that way we can delete these trollish responses so we dont have to make a new thread after someone comes in and ruins ours.

im not trying to open a can of worms here at all. im just suggesting this as a useful tool since i do see alot of threads get hijacked by people talking down others cards.

I don't think letting a regular user have the power to delete another member's posts is in any way a good thing.

maybe not, im just tire kicking an idea around because i think something needs to be done about members hijacking a threads and talking someones cards down just to try and lower the value. it seems like that got alot more common recently.

maybe not, im just tire kicking an idea around because i think something needs to be done about members hijacking a threads and talking someones cards down just to try and lower the value. it seems like that got alot more common recently.

Show me an example because I have really not seen that happen all that often.

http://www.thebenchtrading.com/thebench/showthread.php?t=329641

that is the most recent example from today. i probably shouldnt have even posted in that thread but it just makes me mad when someone does that. it happens more on scf then here but i see it everyonce in awhile and it just makes me mad when someone either wants a card at a cheaper value or doesnt want to trade the way someone else does so rather then move on they just talk their stuff down.

I read the other thread; while I'm not defending the war of words (on behalf of either of you), deleting anything is not a responsible thing to do. Where would you draw the line on what should be deleted?
I don't believe he was "hijacking" your thread, he was making a valid point that book value is a more measurable constant than sale value for means of trading. Sale value should only be used when there are so few occurrences of the card changing hands that Beckett can't measure it (and therefore lists those cards as "NO PRICING DUE TO SCARCITY.") If we all used sale prices to associate a value, anyone can find a crazy price, either high or low, to justify their opinion. I don't think much trading would get done under those circumstances.

it wasnt my thread. it was someone elses thread that i was reading. i just feel that someones trade thread isnt the place for that. because in the end the guy probably wont get a ton more responses to that thread. trading bv vs sv is a very valid argument but wandering into someones thread and starting an argument on it isnt the way to go. they could have PMed or something that doesnt ruin the thread like that.

deleted posts on your own is a BADDDDD idea... leave it up to the mods to delete a post or close the thread. Hijacking threads will happen EVERYWHERE. BV, SV, whatever... people trade how they trade, period. I go mostly by BV, but with some cards, you have to go by sale value... example is Ubaldo Jimenez autos... they are selling for way over BV!

deleted posts on your own is a BADDDDD idea... leave it up to the mods to delete a post or close the thread. Hijacking threads will happen EVERYWHERE. BV, SV, whatever... people trade how they trade, period. I go mostly by BV, but with some cards, you have to go by sale value... example is Ubaldo Jimenez autos... they are selling for way over BV!

im completly in agreement with you here. sv vs bv is a good argument. i usually work with the person regarding if they trade either way. i think its a good argument i just dont like when people come into my threads or others threads and get mad when they wont trade their way so they start an argument about it. my idea probably isnt the best i just wish there was some way to control hijacking of threads.

The thread has been closed. Controlling the hi-jacking of threads is easy, simply don't rise to the bait. If Blitzerlover hadn't responded to Tank's comments concerning his trading philosophy, and if you hadn't throw water on the fire, it would have been one trader looking like a jerk, instead of a 3-page argument that had to be closed.

And if Blitzerlover had quietly sent a PM to a Mod concerning the inflammatory post, things would have been much simpler, too.

I don't think letting a regular user have the power to delete another member's posts is in any way a good thing.

I read the other thread; while I'm not defending the war of words (on behalf of either of you), deleting anything is not a responsible thing to do. Where would you draw the line on what should be deleted?
I don't believe he was "hijacking" your thread, he was making a valid point that book value is a more measurable constant than sale value for means of trading. Sale value should only be used when there are so few occurrences of the card changing hands that Beckett can't measure it (and therefore lists those cards as "NO PRICING DUE TO SCARCITY.") If we all used sale prices to associate a value, anyone can find a crazy price, either high or low, to justify their opinion. I don't think much trading would get done under those circumstances.

These three posts say it all. Only mods will be able to delete posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.