Recent posting trends **PLEASE READ**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeffo65

MVP
5.00 star(s)
The past few months there have been a large number of threads that have been against the Bench Rules. These rules are in place to make the site run smooth. There has been a very large increase in the number of members cross-posting threads. This is against the rules. The moderators have been deleting one of the posts. We do not care to give out warnings and/or suspensions, but they will be handed out. Once again, these rules are put in place to make the site run smooth. PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES.

Some of the recent infractions and explanations from the FAQs...

Double Posting and Cross Posting
Do not post the same thread in more than one forum at the same time. For example, if you want to trade a Pujols auto, you may chose to post in Baseball for Trade/Sale or Baseball High Dollar for Trade/Sale, but not both.

Bumping
After creating a new thread, please allow 24 hours before bumping. Replying to your own thread in order to have it appear at the top of the page is considered bumping.

If you are caught abusing this policy you will be warned via PM and Email. If you choose to ignore the warning(s) your account will be suspended 5 days.

Team Box Breaks
Team box breaks are when someone sells all the cards from a particular team prior to opening the box. These are not allowed.

Selling
Any member of the site who is under 20 Bench Points is not allowed to sell until they reach the 20 point level. This rule applies to new members or established members.

IMPORTANT ! The Mod Team will not assist in a bad trade if an established member decides to ignore these rules

Code of Conduct
We have simple rules here at The Bench. Basically, don't act like a moron and you won't have any problems. We are all here to trade cards, make friends, and we're all fairly easy to get along with.

The following will not be tolerated here at The Bench.

1) Bad Traders
2) Abusive or Obscene Posts or Private Messages (Immediate Suspension)
3) Harassment via e-mail, Private Message or Post (Immediate Suspension)
4) Spamming on the boards. This includes affiliate or referral links to other web sites. We do not allow our members to post referral links to The Bench in forums which prohibit it.
5) Unsolicited offers through Private Messages. We do not allow our members to be pestered in this manner. A message would be considered unsolicited unless at least one of the following applies:
a) You have previously made similar deals with the trader
b) You are responding to a recent post by the trader. If you are offering to sell, the other trader must have explicitly stated in the post that they are willing to buy.
c) The trader has a want list or trade list on their web site and you are asking for cards on their trade list, offering cards on their want list or both. Once again, if you are offering to sell, the other trader must have explicitly stated on their web site that they are willing to buy.

(1st Offense = Warning. Continued offenses = Suspension)

Bench FAQs

Bench user guide

If you have any questions, please ask.

Last edited:
Also there have been complaints about people posting several threads in the same forum, some as many as eight different threads. Please combine your posts so that everyone has a chance at being near the top of the "For trade/sale" forums.

Also there have been complaints about people posting several threads in the same forum, some as many as eight different threads. Please combine your posts so that everyone has a chance at being near the top of the "For trade/sale" forums.

I've pretty much stopped using the trade forums here because of this.

There is someone right now that just bumped up 10 posts to the first page. Sort of hard on other traders especially when you have a 24 hour bump rule. :confused: A mod even posted on one of the bunch and didn't say anything. If it were a new member and not a long time senior member I have a feeling it would be different. IMO there in lies the problem.

Last edited:
I could be wrong here, as it is much later in the day now, but I looked to see what you were talking about and I see an established member who bumped a number of threads at around the same time, but the one's I looked at had not been bumped for sometime, especially not within the last 24 hours. If this was it, how is this wrong?

I think the threads will be seen if there is something to find in them. I think sometimes threads that get buried contain overpriced or unwanted items, but the blame is cast on other members bumping habits. I have many threads disappear w/o any hits because I assume nobody was interested. I didn't question or even consider that they disappeared too soon because of other threads.

There is someone right now that just bumped up 10 posts to the first page. Sort of hard on other traders especially when you have a 24 hour bump rule. :confused: A mod even posted on one of the bunch and didn't say anything. If it were a new member and not a long time senior member I have a feeling it would be different. IMO there in lies the problem.

the having multiple threads is a problem. at lease once a day i see a member with 5 or more threads on the first page and they basically say the same thing. they will be something like "looking for hanley ramirez" "looking for carlton fisk" and 5 threads for something that could easily be in 1. i try as best i can to abide by the 24 hour bump rule but its very hard when you post is barely on the first page and someone bumps up 6 threads.

I could be wrong here, as it is much later in the day now, but I looked to see what you were talking about and I see an established member who bumped a number of threads at around the same time, but the one's I looked at had not been bumped for sometime, especially not within the last 24 hours. If this was it, how is this wrong?

I think the threads will be seen if there is something to find in them. I think sometimes threads that get buried contain overpriced or unwanted items, but the blame is cast on other members bumping habits. I have many threads disappear w/o any hits because I assume nobody was interested. I didn't question or even consider that they disappeared too soon because of other threads.

I saw it, the member did bump up about 10 threads of his all in a row.

Is there a rule against bumping multiple threads by one member at the same time, even if they had not been bumped for days? I don't remember if there is. If so, this rule is broken ALL THE TIME. I see people who come in, bump their threads for another round and then wait a few days or weeks and do it again. I assumed that was fine.

Is there a rule against bumping multiple threads by one member at the same time, even if they had not been bumped for days? I don't remember if there is. If so, this rule is broken ALL THE TIME. I see people who come in, bump their threads for another round and then wait a few days or weeks and do it again. I assumed that was fine.

i dont think there is but i may be wrong. there is the rule about combining threads so im thinking its assumed that there wouldnt be multiple threads to bump all at once. but i may be wrong. what do you think is an acceptable number to bump at once? i bump 2 at a time sometimes and i dont think ive ever bumped more then 3 at a time.

It's an issue regarding combining threads, why should one person be able to dominate the front page of a section when they could've made 9 less threads. I know if I make a thread I would hate to see it get bumped off the first page quickly because of a reason like that. All in all it's not a big deal but I do look at it like a common courtesy.

I have these threads I have been bumping for a few months. I mainly do it because if I don't, they will disappear into the archives never to be found again.

I might bring them up once every 1-2 months though, but I always do it all at the same time. Call me guilty if that is what you guys are talking about. I don't see it as being rude, but rather efficient. As you can see, most have gone almost two months w/o a bump. The first three are wants and the last two are items I am offering. Could I combine them..sure? Should I? I don't think so. It doesn't make sense.

Need these Topps cards signed, can you help?
mrmopar
05-10-2010 06:28 PM
by mrmopar

Beckett Baseball Monthly Back Issues Wanted - Low Priority
mrmopar
05-08-2010 10:25 AM
by mrmopar

2005 Studio Portraits (Down to 4 needed)
mrmopar
05-08-2010 10:23 AM
by mrmopar

3 1/2" x 5 1/2" DODGERS Post Cards, 1960s-1980s
mrmopar
05-08-2010 10:22 AM
by mrmopar

Krause Baseball Card Magazine Back Issues (1980s-90s)
mrmopar
05-08-2010 10:21 AM
by mrmopar

Concerning the threads in question. Look at when those threads were first posted. Some were originally posted in 2008. I am sure the threads that were posted in 2008 and then last month could not have been combined. There was nothing wrong per the rules with what was done.

If you can combine threads, they should be. If you are only seeing 25 threads per page, one thread can very quickly be moved to the second or even third page on a busy day, just due to the number of members posting.