New Here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTTomTaker

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
Hello,
I am new to all this internat trading stuff, but not face-to-face trading.

I have recently got back into collecting after collecting from 1970 through 1992. I mainly have TOPPS cards and have been trying to complete sets for each year. In the mid-80's I bought year sets - but have gotten away from that because the real fun of collecting was building sets from packs and trading commons for commons with friends to complete the sets. I now have the opportunity through sites like this to trade all across the country with like-minded collectors.
I don't collect to make big-bucks at it, just to have fun while trying to complete sets. My older cards (50's, 60's & 70's) are a little rough from handling and using them for "other" purposes than just collecting for value - so if you are looking for any of my older doubles - the condition is probably "Fair" at-best. I never stored my cards in sleeves or 9-pocket album pages until the late 80's, I always had then in shoe-boxes or such.

I will be very honest with anyone making a trade with me and provide scans (front & back) and will most likely try to be the one on the short end of the stick in my trades. I am more interested in completing sets than the overall condition of the card (I will try to upgrade to better condition cards as I can, but isn't a real priority on my part) as long as ot hasn't been defaced or run through the spokes of the bike or through the laundry, LOL!

My favorite teams are the Pirates, Phillies, Cubbies & Red Sox. My favorite players are Stargell, Clemente, Mazeroski, Dave Cash, Carlton Fisk, Jim Rice, Dave Parker, Mike Schmidt, Ernie Banks (who couldn't like that guy?), Hank Aaron & Chipper Jones.

I am in the process of organizing my collection and putting a list together of cards I have to trade and my needs.

Anyway, I look forward to making new friend and trade buddies on here. Bear with me, please as I learn about all this internet trading stuff. I listen and learn well, so any and all help and patience is appreciated!

I make custom turkey calls in my woodshop, if you were wondering about my username.

- Kurt -

Welcome to 'The Bench'.
You could not have picked a better site to trade. The guys and girls here are great. They are very knowledgeable and always ready to help.
You will find that things have changed alot since you last collected.

Good luck Rich