2010 Topps NFL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
2010 Topps NFL

Topps Sell Sheet for a 24 pack Retail box. I opened a 36 pack Hobby box.

Box Break Video

Per Box Items: (Hobby Box)
36 packs per box
10 cards per pack
A Rookie card in every pack
1 Autograph or Relic card per box

The standard sized cards feature a full color action shot of the player. The Topps logo, player position, and player name are all trimmed with silver foil. The team name is located on the lower left corner and all team names are printed in the official font for the team. The white bordered card fronts have a curved graphic on the left side of the card in the teams primary color. All of the card backs are in a horizontal format. The card backs include a cropped picture of the same one on the front, player position, team logo, moderate biographical information, moderate career highlights and complete career statistics.

What I Pulled:
358 Unique cards - no duplicates
267/440 base set cards - 60%
One Autograph
12 "College to Pro Football Picture Cards"
Seven Topps RC Gold parallels #/2010
One Topps Platinum parallel #/55
Four Rookie Reprint
One Ring of Honor
Six "75th Draft Anniversary"
Nine "Peak Performance"
Nine "Gridiron Lineage"
Six "Gridiron Giveaway" codes
36 Topps Attax codes

Base card front and back:
2010ToppsNFLbase.jpg

The Inserts: (not all scanned)
College to Pro Football Picture Cards: R. Brown, F. Gore, Chris Johnson, D. Bryant, J. McKnight, J. Clausen, T. Gerhart, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, R. Mendenhall, J. Charles, D. Thomas
Topps RC Gold parallels #/2010: M. Williams, M. Wright, B. Ghee, J. Murphy, D. Briscoe, N. Allan, M. Burnett
Topps Platinum parallel: #/55 Anquan Boldin
Rookie Reprints: Tom Brady, Steven Jackson, Chris Johnson, Randy Moss
Ring of Honor: Drew Brees
75th Draft Anniversary: Sanchez, Sayers, Rice, Gore, Williams, Dickerson
Peak Performance: Spiller, Peterson, Dorsett, Gore, Manning, Jackson, Best, McFadden, Crabtree
2010ToppsNFLinserts.jpg

The Hit:
Peak Performance Charles Scott
2010ToppsNFLAuto.jpg

2010 Topps NFL offers a great product for the base set. The photography, design, quality and collation are all strong points. There are plenty of inserts and parallels to case and the RC card per pack is exciting. A subset in the base set to look for is the "All-Pro Team." Both the All-Pro Team and RC cards have the appropriate logos. I really like the team cards and think the team name in the official team font is a nice touch. The auto is a sticker auto but it is made to fit the card. I like inserts, but the one Topps Attax code card per pack makes the hobby box a little insert heavy. I would have rather had an additional 36 base cards towards the set.

The Bottom Line:
I give 2010 Topps NFL a BUY rating. You will be able to complete the entire base set with two hobby boxes. Not a strong buy if you are looking to make your money back with one big hit. However for an entry level base set, 2010 Topps NFL is a Touchdown! Go buy a box and trade your Tim Tebow cards to me!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 3/5
Big-hit Hunter: 2/5
Prospector Hunter:5/5
Overall Design: 5/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 5/5
Re-buy: 5/5
Overall Quality: 5/5

Overall: 35/40 (88% = A)

As always I am offering base cards to members of The Bench for a SASE

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

Last edited:
Tal, nice review.
I am interested in the Topps Gold Parallels /2010 and Black /55
I have these to choose from
05 Zenith Gold #66 Sean Casey 46/50
2000 Topps Gallery Exhibits Animation #GE16 Rickey Henderson
2010 Allen inter mini Gray Wolf,mini Giant Panda
PLMk tom [email protected]

Tal, I would like to get the Anquain Boldin Ravens Platinum card for my friend who is a diehard ravens fan and is just starting to get into the hobby.
Let me know what I can send your way to get that off of you.
Also for my Panthers p.c., if you pulled any Jimmy Clausen Variations, I'd like to get one for a rookie card so I have it.

Thanks
Zac

Nice review! I love this years design, much better than the past few years in my opinion. I'd love to get the Peyton Manning, Brett Favre (if you received one), or Aaron Rodgers Attax cards from you if they are available.

Thanks for the review,
John

Tal, I would like to get the Anquain Boldin Ravens Platinum card for my friend who is a diehard ravens fan and is just starting to get into the hobby.
Let me know what I can send your way to get that off of you.
Also for my Panthers p.c., if you pulled any Jimmy Clausen Variations, I'd like to get one for a rookie card so I have it.

Thanks
Zac

Zac I have the Clausen base RC, the College to Pro pic. cards, and gridiron lineage w/ Montana. All yours for a SASE.

Tal, I confirmed the trade. How many 2010 Topps Gold Football am I getting
with that Black Parallel /55 PLMK tom
[email protected]

Tom you are getting all 7 gold the one black parallel and 15 other Vikings cards.

Nice review! I love this years design, much better than the past few years in my opinion. I'd love to get the Peyton Manning, Brett Favre (if you received one), or Aaron Rodgers Attax cards from you if they are available.

Thanks for the review,
John

I have the Favre and Rodgers Attax code cards yours for a SASE.

Tal

Hi Tal,
Are the gridiron giveaway cards unredeemed and available?
If so, let me know what you seek for them.

PM me as I'm no longer watching this thread.
Thanks,

Michael

Last edited: