2010 Topps Pro Debut Series Two

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
2010 Topps Pro Debut MLB Series Two

Per Box Items: (Hobby Only Product)
24 packs per box
Eight cards per pack
Two autograph cards per box
One Game worn Futures AS Game Jersey Swatch per box

The standard sized card set look much the same as other Topps products for this year. Topps Series One and Series Two, and Topps NFL base set also all have a simple clean design to the card fronts. The white bordered cards have a splash of color on the left side of the front. The color varies according to the team's primary colors. The player name and minor league team logo are on the bottom of the card fronts. True first professional cards of a player have the "Pro Debut" logo in the upper right corner. The card backs are all in horizontal format. There is a smaller cropped photo of the one on front on the left side of the card backs. Moderate biographical information and moderate career highlights are featured. There are no stats. Again the side of the card is trimmed in the teams primary color.

What I Pulled:
188 Unique cards (I pulled one duplicate of a checklist card)
162/219 base cards = 74 % of the base set
One Gold card #/50
Six Blue cards #/369
Four Future Foundations inserts
Eight Baseball America "Tools of the Trade" inserts
Two autos
One Game Used
One Cut Auto

Base Card Front and Back:
ProDebutbase.jpg

The Inserts: (not all scanned)
Gold #/50 #387
Blue #/369 #260, 263, 302, 304, 327, 331, 389
Future Foundation #1, 5,12,17
Baseball America TotT #8, 15, 16, 22, 30, 37, 40, 45
ProDebutInserts.jpg

The Hits:
Johnny Giavotella Auto
Shane Peterson Auto
Pedro Ciriaco Futures Game Swatch #/199
Aaron Sanchez Cut Auto Debut Cuts #/200
ProDebutHits.jpg

Topps Pro Debut is a great entry level product geared for prospectors. There is not a lot of flash as far as design to make this set stand out form other products this year, but why mess with what works? There is some awesome photograph in this set and I really enjoyed looking at all of the Minor League Team logos! Perfect collation pretty cool inserts to chase and beating the odds on the hits are all big pluses. The regular autos are sticker autos but are made to fit the card and do not take away form the shot. The cut auto appears to be form a minor league team card. The auto is level to the Topps Pro Debut layout, but the minor league card in the window is crooked. One other thing I really like is the double sided fold-out checklist that cam in the box. It gives a brief highlight of every player next to their card number.

The Bottom Line:
I give 2010 Topps Pro Debut a STRONG BUY rating. You will be able to pull a complete base set with probably a box and a half, maybe one box if you are good at trading your inserts! The cut auto bonus hit was a nice surprise. 2010 Topps Pro Debut is the set to get for any serious prospector!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 4/5
Big-hit Hunter: 5/5
Prospector Hunter:5/5
Overall Design: 4/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 5/5
Re-buy: 5/5
Overall Quality: 4/5

Overall: 37/40 (93% = A)

As always I am offering base cards to members of The Bench for a SASE

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

Last edited: