2010 Topps Chrome NFL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
2010 Topps Chrome NFL​

Per Box Items: (Hobby Box)
24 pack per box
Four cards per pack
One Rookie Autographs per box

The standard sized cards look much the same as other Topps products for this year. Except of course, all being chrome. Topps Series One and Series Two, and Topps NFL base set also all have a simple clean design to the card fronts. The white bordered cards have a splash of color on the left side of the front. The color varies according to the team's primary colors. The player name and team logo are on the bottom of the card fronts. The card backs are all in horizontal format. There is a small cropped photo of the one on the front on the left side of the card backs. Moderate biographical information, moderate career highlights, and complete professional statistics are featured. Again the side of the card is trimmed in the teams primary color. Both the card fronts and backs are extremely glossy.

What I Pulled:
96 Unique cards
75/220 base cards = 34% of the base set
NO duplicates
Six Gridiron Lineage inserts
Seven refrctors
One Gold refractor #/50
Four Rookie Reprints
Two Bowman Chrome RC

Base Card Front and Back:
NFLChromebase.jpg

The Inserts: (not all scanned)
Gold Refractor: Thomas #/50
Refractors: Edwards, Cody, Thomas, Jones-Drew, Rivers, Sanchez, and Spievy
Gridiron Lineage Inserts: Marshall/Thomas, Montana/Clausen, Thomas/Spiller, Dickerson/Jackson, Gonzalez/Shipley, Elway/Tebow :)
Bowman Chrome: Gronkowski and Shipley
RC reprints: Wayne, Johnson, Sanchez and Peterson
ChromeNFLinserts.jpg

The Hit:
Aaron Hernandez RC Auto
ChromeNFLHit.jpg

Ahhh, I love the smell of Chrome in the morning! 2010 Topps Chrome NFL is of course the chrome version of the regular NFL set. The set design is the same as all of the other Topps releases this year, MLB 1 & 2, NFL 1 & 2, and Chrome MLB 1. The comparisons with the latter end there however. I rarely ever do a compare and contrast in my reviews, however 2010 Topps Chrome MLB and 2010 Topps Chrome NFL are so different they have to be. My box of Chrome NFL had no dupes, much improved photograph consistency and quality. The billet player outlines are uniform in depth and centered around the players. There are a couple of off-centered cards but they are all only about 60/40. The auto is a sticker auto and does obscure the photo a little, but overall the general quality control between the two products is night and day. Heck, even the "chrome curl" effect is considerably less in Chrome NFL.

The Bottom Line:
I give 2010 Topps Chrome NFL a buy rating. You will need all of three boxes to complete the base set. The look and quality of these cards and the great inserts are sure to make football collectors happy. Go buy some boxes and trade your Tim Tebow cards to me!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 3/5
Big-hit Hunter: 3/5
Prospector Hunter:4/5
Overall Design: 5/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 5/5
Re-buy: 5/5
Overall Quality: 5/5

Overall: 35/40 (88% = B)

As always I am offering base cards to members of The Bench for a SASE

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

Dez Bryant
Sean Lee
Marion Barber
Emmitt Smith/Felix Jones
Akwaski Owusu-Ansah
Jason Witten
Felix Jones
Jason Witten
Tony Romo
Tim Tebow

Not sure of numbers, but here are the names of the Cowboys (and one Bronco) I can use :)

Tal, Can use any of these. I have a SASE ready to go.

Gridiron Lineage Inserts: Marshall/Thomas

C5 Marshall
C78 Brown
C119 Misi
C151 Porter
C188 Odrick

Thanks, Brett