Review 2010 Topps Update Series - MLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2010 Topps Update Series - MLB

36 packs - 10 cards per pack
'1 autograph or 1 relic card per box!'

I received the following:

258 unique base cards - 258/330 = 78% :D
jpg110-1.jpg

This series is the Update of the previous 2 series of the Topps base set. The design is the same as Series 1 & 2.

Inserts

Gold Parallels #ed to 2010

jpg111-1.jpg

Huff
Matsui
Ka'aihue
Dubront
Saito
Blanco

Turkey Red
More Tales of the Game
Peak Performance

jpg112-1.jpg

9 Turkey Reds
6 More Tales of the Game
4 Peak Performance

One Million Card Giveaway
Attax Cards

jpg113-1.jpg

9 One Million cards
36 Attax cards

Vintage Legends
Cards Your Mom Threw Out

jpg114-1.jpg

9 - Vintage Legends
12 - Cards Your Mom Threw Out

Legendary Lineage
Mickey Mouse All-Stars

jpg115-1.jpg

5 - Legendary Lineage
Mickey Mouse All-Stars - San Fransisco Giants

Reprint
Sheets/Zito Rookie Card

jpg116-1.jpg

Box Topper

Chrome Refractor
Chris Carter

jpg118-1.jpg

Game Used Relic

Roy Halladay
jpg117-1.jpg

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

This is a great continuation of the base series. I received 78% of the set - which is pretty good. There are quite a few different inserts and the master set builder might find a small hill to climb to complete each of the insert sets. One should need to buy 2-3 boxes to complete the base set.

I particularly like the Vintage Legends and the Cards Your Mom Threw Out. These 2 inserts show the rich heritage of the national pastime.

Overall grade A - maybe just a few too many inserts....

Go buy several boxes and send the gold parallels of the Rays (and Hamilton and Teixeira) to me!!

Duane

Looks like a decent break. I know Schmidt has some new cards in this set. Did you get any Mike Schmidt or Ian Kinsler cards/

Nice break! I've always been a fan of the All-Star Game GU cards. Did you pull any Miguel Cabrera in this break? Thanks!

I would like a shot at the million card giveaways. Also, is the Mickey Mouse card for trade? My daughter would love that!

Great review as always.
I am interested in the Stargell. Let me know what you would like for it.
Chris

Nice review Duane. I wish topps would do an update for football. Did you pull any of these?

US-50 Mike Stanton
US-174 Matt Lindstrom
US-216 John Baker
US-237 Jhan Marinez
US-268 Logan Morrison
US-278 Brad Penny
US-287 Alex Sanabia
US-327 Mike Stanton
US-329 Jose Reyes-Hanley Ramirez

LL-66 Miguel Cabrera - Mike Stanton
PP-117 Mike Stanton

Brett

These are coming your way:

US-174 Matt Lindstrom
US-216 John Baker
US-237 Jhan Marinez
US-278 Brad Penny
US-287 Alex Sanabia
US-329 Jose Reyes-Hanley Ramirez

Duane

Watch your mailboxes....

Duane

There were supposed to be 10 baseball cards per pack. I opened a box of 36 packs and got a Topps Attax card in every pack. I dont want them, and to me they are not a baseball card, i feel ripped off, like there were only 9 baseball cards per pack.

Was the card in a pack of baseball cards? Does it have a picture of a baseball player on it? Yes to both questions? It's a baseball card!

Was the card in a pack of baseball cards? Does it have a picture of a baseball player on it? Yes to both questions? It's a baseball card!

While I agree with you I understand his frustration. It is tough when you buy a box of 360 cards for a 330 card set then realize that you are still going to be short of the set because of the inserts. Of course, that is why I try to go with Jumbo boxes now. Even with all of the inserts, I still put a set together and had about 70 cards leftover.

Thanks,

Jeff

Not to me, to me its a jerky GAME card. I should put it in the spokes of my bike, except i dont have a bike anymore. :D