2010 Bowman Chrome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
2010 Bowman Chrome

Per Box Items: (hobby box)
18 Packs per box
4 cards per pack
1 Bowman Chrome Autograph per box

The standard sized, black bordered cards feature a full color action photo of the player on the card fronts. A simple clean design with the set name, player name, team logo and abbreviation of the position also on the card fronts. Cards of veteran players are trimmed with a red line while rookies are trimmed with green. RD cards also carry the RC logo. The card backs are photo-less and are all in horizontal format. The card backs list moderate biographical information, extensive career highlights and player break down, and 2009 and career statistics. The veteran and RC color differentiation are again evident on the cards backs.

What I Pulled:
72 unique cards - no duplicates (plus 2 checklists)
25/220 base set cards - 11% of the base set
35 Bowman Chrome Draft Pick cards
5 USA National Team cards
5 Refractors
1 Topps 100 Refractor #/50
1 Bowman Chrome Draft Pick on-card auto

Base Card Front and Back:
BowmanChromeBase.jpg

The Inserts: (not all scanned)
Bowman Chrome Draft Pick
Topps 100 Gold Refractor Mike Leake #/50
USA 1, 6, 11, 14, 17
Refractor 9, 24, 64, 70, 215
BowmanChromeinserts.jpg

The Hit:
Bowman Chrome Draft Pick BCP201 Ehire Adrianza on-card auto.
BowmanChromeHit.jpg

Chrome products are always hot and eagerly anticipated. And why not? They are Chrome after all! Perfect collation, awesome mix of veterans and rookies, refractors, USA cards, cool inserts and an on-card auto are all wins for 2010 Bowman Chrome. The red and green pin striping make the vets and RCs easy to tell apart. Also the Bowman Chrome Draft Pick are easily recognizable. The on-card auto is nice because there is a place on the card for it. This box is almost a tale of two sets. 25 base set cards vs. 35 Bowman Chrome Draft Pick cards? I understand the whole one BCP per pack, but after a few boxes you will be much closer to the BCP set than the regular base set. Centering? Perfect. Printing marks? Flawless. Corners? Sharp. Chrome Curl? WOWZA! EVERY card has some curl. It is interesting that the BCP cards have a lot more of it than the base cards. It is so bad that several of the sealed packs had noticeable curl to them. Several of the cards had over a 10 degree arc in them!

The Bottom Line:
I give 2010 Bowman Chrome a "shop around" rating. Chrome always was and always will be popular. There are lost of different ways to collect in 2010 Bowman Chrome and the different tiered colored refractors are fun to chase. More inserts than base cards and the extreme amount of curl held this release back a little. If you pick up a box, trade your Tigers to me!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 2/5
Big-hit Hunter: 2/5
Prospector Hunter:4/5
Overall Design: 5/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 4/5
Re-buy: 4/5
Overall Quality: 4/5

Overall: 30/40 (70% = C)

As always I am offering base cards to members of The Bench for a SASE

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

Last edited:
I opened 8 boxes and got 4 and 5 of some players but was left 146 cards short of set completion. The fronts on 8 cards were destroyed with gouges. Centering was pretty good but way to many surface scratches.