Buyers Remorse Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zebrahead1

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Hey,
Quick Suggestion. I feel there should be a thread where people who sell cards can list those members who make a commitment via thread/pm etc... to buy cards and for whatever reason fail to confirm on the deal. This thread could be for trades as well. It would be more difficult on pm since everything can be edited. Commiting in writing is very similar to confirming on a deal in trade manager only it is not "official". Maybe after 48 hours of the member logging on and not responding to a pm or trade manager confirmation they can be placed on the thread. If they make numerous deals after being placed on the thread and maintain a 5 rating, they can either be edited off the thread or their name being on the list would be largely irrelevent.
When I say commitment, I don't mean a member asking for a quote on a list of cards or "Are these cards all available". It would have to be a statement to the effect that the member wants to buy the cards for stated price. Also, the actual commitment to buy/trade in writing(with a link if applicable) would be stated in the thread as proof. I have a feeling that various members who sell cards have to deal with this from time to time and it just wastes time. Most members, I'd say at least 95% in my experience, this does not apply to. But I am just feeling this would be a good way for sellers /traders to look out for one another and to cut back on buyers remorse if they are going to be publicly called out.
Any other opinions??

Last edited:
when it comes to trades there needs to be some leinancecy. I am still trying to navigate through the site and do have hard times finding a thread I have posted on. This is the reason I ask to send me a pm. But when one buys a card from another it is a word of faith and if this does not go through he/ she needs to have a perfect reason why they bailed on following through with the sale.
Dont get me wrong trades are words of good faith also. But it is hard for me from time to time to find the thread I have posted on and I do imangine other new guys feel the same way. If I read the rules right we are not allowed to sell or buy untill after 20 trades. so by this time I hope to have the site lock in to where I can find everything whith out no problems.

when it comes to trades there needs to be some leinancecy. I am still trying to navigate through the site and do have hard times finding a thread I have posted on. This is the reason I ask to send me a pm. But when one buys a card from another it is a word of faith and if this does not go through he/ she needs to have a perfect reason why they bailed on following through with the sale.
Dont get me wrong trades are words of good faith also. But it is hard for me from time to time to find the thread I have posted on and I do imangine other new guys feel the same way. If I read the rules right we are not allowed to sell or buy untill after 20 trades. so by this time I hope to have the site lock in to where I can find everything whith out no problems.

Normally the best way to find your original posts or threads, is to click on your avatar.....it brings up....your posts and threads you started! Your not allowed to sell..until the completed 20 trades with 20 different traders! You can buy stuff! Always good to check with the FAQ (section near the top in blue).....If you still have questions, PM one of our excellent Moderators with your questions. Hope this helps! Best regards, David PS two other ways to find posts and threads....another is thru the private message link and third is to subcripte to a thread....I picked the one that I normally use!

Last edited:
Hey,
Quick Suggestion. I feel there should be a thread where people who sell cards can list those members who make a commitment via thread/pm etc... to buy cards and for whatever reason fail to confirm on the deal. This thread could be for trades as well. It would be more difficult on pm since everything can be edited. Commiting in writing is very similar to confirming on a deal in trade manager only it is not "official". Maybe after 48 hours of the member logging on and not responding to a pm or trade manager confirmation they can be placed on the thread. If they make numerous deals after being placed on the thread and maintain a 5 rating, they can either be edited off the thread or their name being on the list would be largely irrelevent.
When I say commitment, I don't mean a member asking for a quote on a list of cards or "Are these cards all available". It would have to be a statement to the effect that the member wants to buy the cards for stated price. Also, the actual commitment to buy/trade in writing(with a link if applicable) would be stated in the thread as proof. I have a feeling that various members who sell cards have to deal with this from time to time and it just wastes time. Most members, I'd say at least 95% in my experience, this does not apply to. But I am just feeling this would be a good way for sellers /traders to look out for one another and to cut back on buyers remorse if they are going to be publicly called out.
Any other opinions??

I hear you. It has happened to me many times here. Remember that we have thousands of traders here, and we are all different people......., some more organized than others, some more reliable than others, some more mature than others. Until a trade is confirmed, there is really nothing you can do about "holding" traders to their offer. I personally keep a list of those people who make me an offer (trade or buy) and never reply to my multiple pms asking about the offer they had made. With them, I will never trade again.....and I move on to trading with more reliable people. Hope I understood your point correctly and this makes sense to you. Good luck.

I believe that under "USER CP" (blue banner on top) you can select to subscribe to the threads you respond to. When you come back later on, then you go to "LIST SUBSCRIPTION" (also in blue banner) and you find those threads you responded to. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
This is just one of those things that goes along with indirect (not face to face) business. The Bench is set up to the point where until a trade is posted and confirmed by both parties, the agreement is non-binding.

Obviously, we'd all like a place where people follow through on their word if they agree to a deal. However, this is pushing the envelope as far as calling out individual members due to the large amount of reasons/misunderstandings that can take place.

Any individual member can keep a 'blacklist' of their own accord. Consider it a 'trader beware' environment until the deal is confirmed. It is not the perfect solution, but it saves people being called out (whether good or bad) and like previously stated, 95+% of transactions are not affected.

I can see where the OP is coming from, with a sale it's pretty much a given that the buyer-in-line wants to buy the items at an agreed price and then fails to follow through, this is much different than someone expressing an interest in a card through trade where they may not agree to or have a comparable acceptable package of card(s) in return. Naturally others who came upon a sale thread just a bit later think they have lost out to the prior claim and not only they but the seller lose out on moving the card to a legitimate paying customer.

Now if the scope of the sale offer changes, such as if a number of cards now available to the purchaser declines due to unavailablity through prior sale, the purchaser may rightly decline based upon their concept of value in a bulk purchase or just that the key card(s) for them is just not in the remaining package.

Crillos-Well said. Yep, thats what I meant and I will keep a personal list as well. I just figured it would be good for others to have an idea of who has "a history" of not following through on a commitment although it is isn't a binding trade manager confirmation.

cjay101-I agree with what you say about the reality of the matter is that nothing done on The Bench is face to face and that plays the major environmental factor in the overall transaction. I am the type of person that doesn't mind calling people out(not to embarass but so the public can benefit) as I would be perfectly willing to take my shots in public if I didn't follow through on a commitment. I see your point though that misunderstandings are common and it will lead to alot of he said/she said over cyberspace. Probably for personal dealings, its just best to keep a list of who doesn't follow through, just thinking of a way for it to not to become a habit of some members going from person to person commiting on a deal and then backing out.

James-Yeh, that can get frustrating when the first person on the thread commits and then a few others feel they are missing out. I also agree with your statement that if a sellers site states certain cards are available, and the buyer lists say 20 cards,says post me up and only 18 are available, they have every right to not buy any of the cards. I have been guilty of that before.

Last edited:
While I agree with Raph that it is really poor form to back out on a deal that has been agreed upon in principle, I think that a thread like the one proposed will lead to nothing but bad things. The best way to go would be to just keep a personal "Do not deal with" list and no longer deal with those people. I understand trying to help out future members that may have their time wasted by someone backing out on deals, but again I just don't think this idea is a good one.

This is just one guy's opinion of course.

You have to remember that many of the members that pull out of deals are usually the younger/new members. There have been many younger members who had very questionable beginnings, yet have turned out to be well respected traders. If these traders were called out, it may have hurt them and they may have left the Bench.

I also think this thread idea is a bad thing waiting to happen. Plus "calling out" is considered a form of harassment which is against the Bench rules which would warrant at least a Warning and quite possibly a suspension or banishment.

Last edited:
Didn't realize "calling out" is harassment on the Bench. Definitely not the best route then if it is against the stated rules. Seems like the best plan is just to keep a personal list. To be honest there are only 3-4 members(other than suspended members) on mine and I've only had 1 issue in the past month, didn't want to make it seem like it is an epidemic. Thanks for the input everyone!

You don't have to keep a personal list, you can set in your CP an ignore list so while you may see the person has posted it would be a blank post and then you know that that person is one you've decided isn't worth interacting with.

While ive not been involved in such a situation on either end,
i could see someone having an unforeseen expense at home,
or maybe having a HTF card they are depserate for pop up elsewhere,
(or maybe find the same cards for less?)
thus making the intended purchase here difficult for them to follow thru on.

They should still have the courtesy to follow up and say
"sorry cant buy that now."

Not sure having a thread for people with bad manners is really appropriate.

just my 2 cents

While ive not been involved in such a situation on either end,
i could see someone having an unforeseen expense at home,
or maybe having a HTF card they are depserate for pop up elsewhere,
(or maybe find the same cards for less?)
thus making the intended purchase here difficult for them to follow thru on.

They should still have the courtesy to follow up and say
"sorry cant buy that now."

Not sure having a thread for people with bad manners is really appropriate.

just my 2 cents

Excellent point. People have to realize that this is a hobby.