2010 Topps Triple Threads NFL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
2010 Topps Triple Threads NFL

Per Box Items:
2 Mini-Boxes per Hobby Display Box
6 cards per Mini-Box
Every Display Box Contains a low-numbered Auto Triple Relic and a low-numbered Triple Relic.

The standard sized cards are produced on thick card stock. Full-color action shots of the players are bordered on the top and bottom of the card fronts. The set logo, player name, team name and serial numbering are all on the bottom of the front. The card backs show a cropped 'head-shot' of the photo on the front. Basic biographical information, moderate career highlights and last year and career statistics complete the card backs.

What I Pulled:
Six base cards #/1350
Two bronze #/499
Two Emerald #/299
One Triple Relic
One Triple Relic Auto
No duplicates
No Tebow :(

Base card front and back:
All #/1350 Smith, Stewart, Garcon, Jacobs, Ward, Sim-Walker
TTTNFLbase.jpg

Parallels:
Bronze #/499 Peterson, Fitzgerald
Emerald #/299 Driver, Jackson
TTTNFLInserts.jpg

The Hits:
Santana Moss Triple Relic #/36
Jahvid Best RC Auto Triple Relic
TTTNFLHits.jpg

2010 TTT NFL is another super high-end ultra premium delivery from Topps. The design and quality are excellent with a simple, clean, almost a classic layout that brings focus on the player. Premium card stock, color photos on the card backs and EVERY card being serially numbered are all nice points. The cards are well packaged and presented, but there are a couple of cons. Best of luck if you are shooting for the base set. Me only pulling one RC card and potentially no RCs at all in a box will be a turn off for prospectors. The hits are awesome and the scans do not do them justice, but I felt the box was lacking any real star player power. Even though it is a different sport and collector base, I also question the timing of the release being so close to Sterling MLB. In this economy, collectors of both sports have have to choose what super-high-end lottery ticket they buy and which one they do not.

The Bottom Line:
I give 2010 Topps Triple Threads a shop around rating. This set is not for base set collectors. This could be a player collectors dream though. Largely hit or miss and you may have a hard time flipping card to break even. If you find a good deal, buy a box and trade your Tebow cards to me!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 1/5
Big-hit Hunter: 5/5
Prospector Hunter:4/5
Overall Design: 5/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 3/5
Re-buy: 4/5
Overall Quality: 5/5

Overall: 32/40 (80% = B)

As always I am offering base cards to members of The Bench for a SASE

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal