• Xpress04

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Slavlite

Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Kugelmanco

Votes: 12 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fatboycards

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
To all our Bench traders let me state how sorry I am for dropping the ball on this and not getting it posted up until now. I was somewhat disappointed with the number of nominations this year, but the quality of the members nominated is as always very high. Voting begins now and will last until midnight est on Dec. 30th. So get those votes in . I forgot to mention that this years winner will be recieving a small prize package from the fatboys personal vault.

Here is a list of who was nominted and who submitted their name.

1)Dbvol- nominated by rotorob!
In one of my first trades on this site,I mis- read the condition of a card I ask for. When I made the trade offer,he sent a pmand said as long as I understood the condition (the trade would be fine).I added a few commons to the deal and we confirmed.I being the rookie sent 1st,and he sent in a very timely manner.When I received the card and it was only in good condition,I pm him about the condition . He remindee me of our but but still wanted to make it right. So I ask for a couple nice r vintage (1 being a 1969 George Blanda). He sent very quickey along with one of the nicest 1978 nolan Ryan cards I ve seen.And it wasnt even one of the cards I ask for.
He, being my first experience on this site,made me a Bench fan for life. I have made many great trades since , but Derek will always be high on my list of good traders.

2)greatdadx2- nominated by mm1sub!
I feel that Robert would make a deserving recipent of this award.He is always willing to help out other collectors and goes above and beyond to help other collectors complete trades. You can look at some of his threads and see where he will tell people to just send a sase and the cards are yours. I also see were is is willing to trade in other peoples favor to help them out. Its people like Robert who make the Bench the best trading site on the Web.

3) Crillos- nominated by mr.js36
Luis is a really nice person and a fair trader ,as well as my friend.Thanks to Luis and many other for helping me add to my collection.

4) Iprimus- nominated by SLNoble13
Jason is always willing to hel pany trader any way he can, He is a great asset to our site. Jason is certianly a true Bench Buddy.

5) Xpress04- nominated by dp33
Aaron make trading cards fun and easy as possible. He is organized. His want lists are easy to find.He collects enough variety of cards to find something to trade to you in return. He is very reasonable to working out a fair trade for both sides.He is active on the boards and responds quickly to posts. He ships cards quickly and they are always received in excellent condition. To me ,Aaron is a valuable as any other member in our community here at The Bench.

6) Slavlite- nominated by Meliah
Nick has now been here for 5 years and has a stellar record of 1200 trades and getting close to 10,000 posts. He is easy to trade with and goes the extra step to get things done. I recall once I needed a card to make a deal work with another trader and he sent it to me knowing I would not be able to return the favor right away.
Nick has been a Mod for The Bench for many years now and recently was promoted to the Manager postion. I realize alot of his work is behind the scenes but the tasks he has done this year greatly helped the site and all its members, trust me on this. Nick has really impressed me with his work ethic, dedication and professionalism.
I consider Nick a friend of mine. Over the years of exchanging Christmas presents or trade goodies, talking on the phoneor working on the Mod team , I feel I have gotten to know him a fair amount. A nicer man would be harder to find. So heres to you Nick and thank you for all you do around here!

Kugelmanco- nominated by Fatboycards
Cory is without a doubt one of my favorite traders to deal with here on The Bench. He hasnt been here as long as some others but he has put together a rather impressive resume of trades. Cory has sent me many " secert packages" over the past couple years.,without ever asking for anything in return. He has helped alot of our members to enhance their collections as well. And I dont think you will find a better young collector out their. Our hobby will be just fine as long as we have great collectors out there like Cory. I think he is well deserving of your vote for this award.

Last edited:
There will also be a few treasures from our recent box breaks included in the prize package.

Tal

Would it be possible to post the nominations like we have in years' past? Might be helpful for to know why each person was being nominated when people cast their vote, for those not familiar with all the members listed.

I second that. As it is, we are voting on a list of names and have no idea why any are Buddy of the Year worthy. There is one name I don't even recognize.

Would it be possible to post the nominations like we have in years' past? Might be helpful for to know why each person was being nominated when people cast their vote, for those not familiar with all the members listed.

Done as requested Sir!

Shoot I am sorry, I wish I had remembered to nominate someone. There are so many great traders on this site, nominating just one would be tough for me. I have to say I am surprised dlackey is not on this list, he would be the one I nominated.

Shoot I am sorry, I wish I had remembered to nominate someone. There are so many great traders on this site, nominating just one would be tough for me. I have to say I am surprised dlackey is not on this list, he would be the one I nominated.

albdankees is da man

i nominate you

I was nominated? Wow! That's a first for me! LOL!
Thanks to SLNoble13 for the nomination! Mucy appreciated buddy!

Jason

Bench Buddy of the year 2006 was dlackey! Best regards, David

Thanks so much Benchies for a great 1st day vote total. Glad to see everyone taking part in giving some very worthy nominees their due. It looks as though we may shatter previos years vote totals. So for those yet to vote get them in. And for those who have voted please encourage your trading partner to vote. Thanks
Randy

I second that. As it is, we are voting on a list of names and have no idea why any are Buddy of the Year worthy. There is one name I don't even recognize.

Randy:

I think mrmopar is right. I think Dvol should be Dbvol.
Might want to check with Rotorob on this
George

Hey Benchies
As a past winner of this award. Please get out and vote for who you thiunk is most deserving of this prestigios award. Good luck to all nominees . You all deserve to win
Chieftazmisty

Well it looks like just in past years its shaping up to be a battle for this years award. keep those votes coming in folks

Lets get some more votes!! I may be a little biased in that I would like to see the person that I nominated win though.