PSA 10 for 50x-100x bv

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abeabe

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I just searched the term PSA 10 on ebay, for current auctions. There are 2 1976 cards, one Bert Blyleven and the other a common yankee. The former is currently nearing $150 and the later is at $35. Keep in mind these still have time for bids so maynot be final. price. I know finding a 34 y/o Gem mint 10 is hard, but there are still plenty of unopened packs around. I opened a cello pack on 77's just for kicks a couple years back. So its not like you cant find packs and pull 9's and 10's still. I doubt anyone kept their cards in gem mint 10 shape that opened the packs in '76. There is no way anyone trying to complete a 1976 set in gem mint 10, so why pay so much for a card you can get almost as nice with-out the holder for .10-$2 for? And if anyone thinks that these cards deserve such an increase, please buy my '99 berkman cert 1/1 in PSA pop, its on ebay for 3x bv.:)

I've said the same thing a few years back when 1990 Leaf commons that you'd think shouldn't even have been bothered to grade with the fee and all, they were SELLING for $30 and more each.

There are PSA set collectors and on PSA's site they rank the set by the value of the grades (not dollar value). I have seen highly graded 71 OPC commons sell for huge huge premiums if it is the highest graded example at the time.

I just searched the term PSA 10 on ebay, for current auctions. There are 2 1976 cards, one Bert Blyleven and the other a common yankee. The former is currently nearing $150 and the later is at $35. Keep in mind these still have time for bids so maynot be final. price. I know finding a 34 y/o Gem mint 10 is hard, but there are still plenty of unopened packs around. I opened a cello pack on 77's just for kicks a couple years back. So its not like you cant find packs and pull 9's and 10's still. I doubt anyone kept their cards in gem mint 10 shape that opened the packs in '76. There is no way anyone trying to complete a 1976 set in gem mint 10, so why pay so much for a card you can get almost as nice with-out the holder for .10-$2 for? And if anyone thinks that these cards deserve such an increase, please buy my '99 berkman cert 1/1 in PSA pop, its on ebay for 3x bv.:)

99+% of the cards coming out of 1976 packs, then or now, were not in PSA 10 shape. You're dealing with PSA set registry collectors, it's a badge of honor to have a highly ranked set, and every 10 gets them that much closer to having the best of the best 1976 Topps set. Different strokes for different folks. There are a lot of people who wouldn't spend $1 for any baseball card, because they don't care about them. The people paying that kind of money DO think they deserve that kind of increase, you don't. It's just a difference of opinion.

old wax from the 70's just doesn't grade well...they have centering issues, edge fuzz, surface problems with print marks...all kinds of stuff...9's might be easy to get now but 10s are not..much less with BVG.