*ONLINE* question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cpr1981

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
I have an iPhone and I leave The Bench up in my Safari 24/7 so I can always click on it and check what's going on. Here is my problem...by doing this it always shows that I am "online" ...technically that is the case but I am hardly on this site (even though I may want to be) 24/7.

In developing this amazing site, could there be a tab added, kind of like when you're on facebook, where you can be "online" but idle?

My reason for the question is that people in the past have questioned why I haven't responded to them fast enough when I am "online" when I am more than likely not actually on the site. Just a curious question I wanted to throw out there. Thanks for all the work you do to make The Bench the best sports card forum there is.

Colvin

I have an iPhone and I leave The Bench up in my Safari 24/7 so I can always click on it and check what's going on. Here is my problem...by doing this it always shows that I am "online" ...technically that is the case but I am hardly on this site (even though I may want to be) 24/7.

In developing this amazing site, could there be a tab added, kind of like when you're on facebook, where you can be "online" but idle?

My reason for the question is that people in the past have questioned why I haven't responded to them fast enough when I am "online" when I am more than likely not actually on the site. Just a curious question I wanted to throw out there. Thanks for all the work you do to make The Bench the best sports card forum there is.

Colvin

I don't think vbulletin would support that at this point. On top of that, technical to-do's are time consuming and our expert is not around as much as he once was.

I would recommend either logging off after each session. Other than that, people have to realize being 'online' isn't always an indicator that you're actually there.

Colvin

Colvin there is such an item. Click on your CP then go to edit options then click the box for invisable mode. It will show you as not on line to other traders. But will put a red dot in the lower corner of your ID box to let you know what mode you are in.

Rich

Colvin there is such an item. Click on your CP then go to edit options then click the box for invisable mode. It will show you as not on line to other traders. But will put a red dot in the lower corner of your ID box to let you know what mode you are in.

Rich

Sweet...thanks Rich I may ty that out.

Colvin

I don't think vbulletin would support that at this point. On top of that, technical to-do's are time consuming and our expert is not around as much as he once was.

I would recommend either logging off after each session. Other than that, people have to realize being 'online' isn't always an indicator that you're actually there.

Thanks!

Colvin

Those people need to find a few more things to do with their time. That is ridiculous.

There should be no expectation that you respond at all, let alone in someone else's time frame! Look what email, IM, i-phones, faxes and other "time saving" technology has done to our society. We are a bunch of impatient people now.

people in the past have questioned why I haven't responded to them fast enough when I am "online" when I am more than likely not actually on the site.

Those people need to find a few more things to do with their time. That is ridiculous.

There should be no expectation that you respond at all, let alone in someone else's time frame! Look what email, IM, i-phones, faxes and other "time saving" technology has done to our society. We are a bunch of impatient people now.

Took you long enough! I posted this thread five hours ago and you're just now responding!!! How dare you?! Lol I agree 100% with you.

Colvin