Anyone having problems finding this site ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bombie1138

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hi,
I'm still having problems with my DNS not finding this site.Its random but happens about every ten days and I get locked out for about three days.
I have two PC's one with Windows 7 and the other XP.
Do I need to contact my internet provider to solve this problem ?
It started happening when the site switched providers,..
I can't survive without this Site !!

LMK,
Clint

AS of the past month you are the first I have heard still having problems, I would recommend contacting your ISP or trying things previously posted in other threads about this problem, I am no tech genius so I cannot be much more help.

AS of the past month you are the first I have heard still having problems, I would recommend contacting your ISP or trying things previously posted in other threads about this problem, I am no tech genius so I cannot be much more help.

I'm no PC Wiz either,..
I remember there were a few threads posted before the Holidays.I'll take a look through and see what I can find.

Clint

Quite few of us.....I was once locked out for about 2 1/2 days...Happened when the site was updated. It appears the longer I'm on....doing nothing...the next day or so...My internet explorer would not allow me to log on the Bench...I could access all of the other sites..but this one. Now days...I have less problems....because when not doing anything on the Bench...I log off right away. Best regards, David

first off contact your isp and address this issue with them, but demand a second or third teir tech that can do remote asistance with you on your pc a first line responder is just reading scripts. he will ahve you reset your modem, and the common connection line, but remind him its not a problem connecting to the net but rather a specific site and its a dns/proxy issue. has alot to do with the websites server it kicks out funky issues to alot of the sites it carries.
secondly its a myth that its the browser. this is along more of the lines, that your complaing about being in your car and how all the stop lights are flashing yellow.
gool luck clint, if your having issues i will check now and again on facebook and give you the best help i can via there.
dave

the bench is on facebook...

Last edited:
I did have problems with accessing this site and in it being very slow. I finally discovered it was linked to my operating system being upgraded (Automatic Upgrades) and persisted for a day or two afterwards. I changed web browsers and the problem seemed to go away.

Ray

Had the problem again last night and today.....Finally my computer found the problem...it was my TCP... was not working with my internet explorer...had to fix the problem. Once it was fixed...or removed...my internet explorer directed me to The Bench site. Best regards, David

Welppers,
Happened again,..lost the site on Monday night and now finally got back in,..
Does anyone know the cure for this problem????????????

LMK,
Clint

I couldn't get on to the site at all last night.

Same situation for me...it's completely random from what I can tell, and I am unable to access the site for hours at a time, sometimes days (I'm not checking that regularly). I check the site at work and at home. I believe it's been primarily at home when I've had issues, so perhaps it's related to my ISP.

I got locked out this AM,.
I called my provider and the problem lies with their server,..He contacted the administrator,..but in the meantime he made me change my DNS Perferred and Alternate settings to Googles numbers and I arrived here with no problems what so ever,..

Clint

I am sorry some of you are having problems, but we have investigated everything on our end, and it is guaranteed not an issue with The Bench server, as most posters here have found out.

Thanks,
Nick

I was on the site yesterday morning working the trades and lost connection. I spent over 4 hrs on the phone last night with my ISP, Centurytel, and they could not get me hooked back up. I tried 4 different computers and nothing. The Centurytel techs say it has to be something in The Bench's server. Then all of a sudden today the site came right up just as if nothing was ever wrong.

go figure

I was on the site yesterday morning working the trades and lost connection. I spent over 4 hrs on the phone last night with my ISP, Centurytel, and they could not get me hooked back up. I tried 4 different computers and nothing. The Centurytel techs say it has to be something in The Bench's server. Then all of a sudden today the site came right up just as if nothing was ever wrong.

go figure

Mines been fine since the fix,
If you want,PM me and I'll tell ya what I had to do,took about 1 minute to do,..

Clint

I too have Centurytel as my ISP. when you talk to the first level flunky ask him to transfer you to an advanced tech so that they can do a remote assistance call with you. if they dont want to then just ask for a supervisor. and then dont take no for an answer until you get an advanced tech. they are supposed to offer it to you anyway, your able to browse and not get to one web site, becasue it has to do with your systems dns and they can fix that in like 2 minn for you.

good luck
dave

go figure

you guys are describing the DNS error. i would suspect your dns is set to auto detect, and if you were to change it, ie hard code it to

"seems that to resolve the bad gateway or loss of connection to the bench its a DNS error and a simple flush of the dns will not always resolve this issue. after some extensive talks with a microsoft tech it seems that you may have a issue between the proxy server and the individua pc's and a way to fix it is to use the specifit 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 dns instead of auto detect dns. "

this works on the standard windos systems if your using a mac then contact your isp becasue i have no idea how or why them things work. and if you are not sure on where this is located at in your windows system please please contact your isp they can show you and even via remote assistance DO THE task for you.

http://www.thebenchtrading.com/thebe...d.php?t=338834

so far this fix has worked like a charm for me. try it and if your not confident doing it call your ISP and have them assist you in doing it.

dave