Major interview announcement!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
As many of you know, I write for Baseball Digest.com. Next Tuesday, I have the opportunity to interview former MLB 1B/DH and 3X All-Star Sean Casey! Please feel free to post a question here and I may use it in my interview. Then be sure to tune in to Baseball Digest Live for the entire show.

Tal

Last edited:
Wow thats awesome!

Please ask him about his time as a Redsox and let him know he has a major fan base here.

And let him know grounding out to left field is still my favorite play lol.

Sean Casey

Please ask him if he will sign a baseball card if we mail it to him, and where to send it, if yes.

Also...As the mayor, did he have a trick to remembering the names of so many people?

Thanks,
Ron

Make sure to mention his charity and where to send donations when you do the write-up. Im sure everyone has someone in their family or knows someone with a physically challanged child or young adult. A few dollars from even a percentage of the readers will go along way.

Mr. Casey,

First of all thank you for helping bring the Tigers back to the "promised land" called the World Series. I hope that you have been enjoying your retirement years so far & I wish the best for you, your family, & your foundation.

My question is that back on May 22, 2010, I sent a TTM request to you via the MLB Network. Unfortunately I have not seen these cards come back to me all this time later. There were 5 cards, 4 Tigers cards & a Reds card - which I had offered you to keep 1 or 2 for yourself. Is it possible that you have them in a stack of mail that you have not tended to, or did it simply get lost? These were my only Tigers cards, so I hope for that you still have them & will be returned to me shortly. :)

~Mr. Zack "Attack" Eick

P.S.: Congrats on your new 15 game job w/ the Reds next season!

I know it's a standard question for professional sports players, but:
What was your most memorable moment playing baseball (majors, minors, high school, little league, etc) and why? Least favorite?

thanks, have fun with the interview!

Please comment on the difference in getting paid to critique and analyze other players vs. getting paid to perform on the field?Easier/Harder?

Something to run by Sean:
I'd be curious if other MLB players discuss the amount of TTM requests they receive? Like does player X rib teammate Y that he gets more fan mail than he does?
And why do some players choose to not respond to TTM requests at all?

Fantastic job getting this interview Tal

Sean, I know you are going to be broadcasting 15 games for the Reds this season, any interest in a more active role with the team, maybe hitting coach?

Mr. Casey,

First of all thank you for helping bring the Tigers back to the "promised land" called the World Series. I hope that you have been enjoying your retirement years so far & I wish the best for you, your family, & your foundation.

My question is that back on May 22, 2010, I sent a TTM request to you via the MLB Network. Unfortunately I have not seen these cards come back to me all this time later. There were 5 cards, 4 Tigers cards & a Reds card - which I had offered you to keep 1 or 2 for yourself. Is it possible that you have them in a stack of mail that you have not tended to, or did it simply get lost? These were my only Tigers cards, so I hope for that you still have them & will be returned to me shortly. :)

~Mr. Zack "Attack" Eick

I'm guessing this is a joke, Zack....You should know by now boatloads of TTM requests disappear in the Bermuda Triangle.....

Mr. Casey,

~Mr. Zack "Attack" Eick

I'm sure he remembers every single request he has gotten over the years. Yours would have to be a pretty powerful letter for him to remember.

I do have a question...

If you could go back in time and play against any major leaguer, who would you choose and why? Also, who was the toughest pitcher you faced during your career?

Andrew

What was it like being traded early in your career? You were a big prospect in the Cleveland organization in their heyday and then to get shipped out cross-state, was it tough at first, or just a bump in the road, or how exactly did you view it, both then and now?