two suggestions for this site

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaiian BamBam

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
i appologize if these two recommendations have been addressed already.

1. how about having a larger inbox, 100 messages for me get filled up about once a day, ill have to go in and delete my inbox and my sent items because i get up to 100 messages on a daily basis. it would be great to have a larger mailbox, at this point even uping it to 200 messages allowed would be great.

2. how about having a link on the homepage toolbar(blue area) titles "my threads/posts" which will allow us a quick reference of all our posts and threads we started so we can keep track of what we posted and what threads we started.

thanks for any input on this.

very respectfully,
elbert

1. I know it's been discussed. I think the has not/will not be done is because of servers space.

2. Just click on User CP and it will show all threads you are subscribed too. I have set all threads I author or comment on to show up on this area. Anyone can do this so it's basically the exact thing you are talking about.

Please do something about the ad in tue middle of the page. I cant use any feature that drops down, such as search, member list or trade manager. They drop down behind the ad. I can only access the internet from my phone, so this may be a problem only I experience.

I have a couple of suggestions as well. I know Vbulletin is capable of these as well.

1. When you are in a thread, at the bottom of the thread, if anyone else is in it, it should say who is there.

2. Have links at the bottom of the page to go back to the main forum, sub forum etc.

3. This may be in my own setting but I can't seem to find out how to turn it off but whenever I go into a thread. It takes me to the bottom of the page regardless of whether or not I have read any of the previous posts. I always have to scroll up to the OP. It's very annoying.

Here is a screenshot of a poker forum that I belong to that uses Vbulletin, for points one and two. At the top of the screeny, you will see the links "poker forum" "general discussion" "players lounge" They are very convienent instead of using the "to the top" button all the way at the bottom, or the back button on your browser.

Then of course on the bottom of the screeny, you can see my name listed as being inside the topic. It helps users know if there topic is active atm.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
At one time we did have the "users viewing thread" option turned on, I believe we turned it off for a specific reason, unfortunately with a past server change we lost some older threads and I cannot find the exact reason why it was turned off.

You should have a drop down menu on the bottom right hand side of the screen that is labeled "Forum Jump"

Number 3 I will have to look into a little more, I know when I click the thread title it takes me to the first post of the thread, but if I click the little arrow next to the last poster in the thread it takes me to the last post in the thread, I will look into that and get back to you here.

EDIT: What Display Mode are you in?
Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode

Last edited:
For the time being , using the "home" key on your keyboard will auto bring you to the top of any webpage you are on where there are specific forum links available. If you dont hear from me today on all of this, dont worry, I just may not have time to get thru it all today.

No worries. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I belong to a few forums as well as owning my own and it's refreshing to get such quick responses.

Thanks again.