Clemente figure from 1968??????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mightydon

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I am hoping someone knows a little something about a nice piece of memorabilia I found at an antique shop. I didnt buy but I might go back if its worth it.

I found a small plasic figure of Roberto Clemente.
It stands about 1' to 1" 1/2 tall.
Made of plastic.
On the underside of the green base he stands on it says "1968 MLBPPA".
He is in a running pose as if he is going back to catch on a fly ball over his shoulder.
The front of his uniform has a decal that says "Pirates"
The back of his uniform has a decal with his name and number.

Could this be from a game or toy from the late '60s? I have never seen another player or piece like it so it caught my eye.

Anyone know what I am talking about? Any help is appreciated,
Thanks,
Don

UPDATE WITH PICS:

This is the one I found. On the base it says:
1968 M.L..B.B.P.C.
1968 M.L..B.B.P.A.
HONG KONG

clementejeff.jpg

clementejeffbottom.jpg

I have talked to another guy and he has a Clemente Transogram but it looks totally different. Could they be from different years? Also, did they have a special Pirates three set box of figures? I have seen those on eBay as well.

clementecolumbia.jpg

Anyone seen either of these two figure before?

Last edited:
I definitely would have bought this!
Any update? I couldn't find out what it is, but you can't go wrong picking up Clemente memorabilia.
Let us know if you get it.

Nope, still havent found a thing about it. It was $25. I would have picked it up for maybe $10-$15. But since I cant find a darn thing out about it, idk what to do

I am trying to get some pics of the figure so I can better identify it. I requested more info from the antique shop. There has been none sold on eBay that I have seen to compare.

I did find a reference for one for sale:
1969 Transogram figure, Roberto Clemente figure only Pirates, nrmt $99.00

I will let everyone know what I find out

Last edited:
Roberto Clemente has a Transogram figure from 1969 and 1970.
He is numbered 56 from 1969, and 5B from 1970.
I'm guessing in 1970 the figures may have come three to a pack because they are individually numbered 1A, 1B, 1C...2A, 2B, 2C...etc.
Clemente's figure in 1970 is 5B (5A is Gibson, 5C is Koosman).
Perhaps the one you saw is one year and the other person's is the other year.
Nice find.
*Edit*
The 1970's are three to a box. Check them out on Ebay.

The complete package and the card brings the top value. The figure alone is probably of interest to Clemente or Pirate collectors still, but not as nice as having the card with it. Still, $25 is probably a nice price for the figure.

Transogram

I believe I have the set your talking about just found two complete sets never opened. Email me at [email protected] if anyone knows what they are worth it would really help me out. Can't find any like it. It's exactly like the one on eBay. For 9500 just wanted to know if that's accurate?