1988 & 1989 Topps Tiffany

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richloughlin

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Yesterday I bought a large amount of cards. Included in the one of the boxes were what appeared to be ordinary 1988 and 1989 Topps.

When I picked them out, I realized something different about them. They were printed on thicker card stock and had a glossy finish. Are these the Tiffany parallels for those years? I would appreciate any confirmation if anyone knows for sure.

Thanks,

Rich

There were Tiffany sets every year from 1984-1991. They wouldn't be on thicker stock, though, it would be thinner, white stock, similar to the Traded sets, and would have a glossy coating on the front.

Both of you are correct. The backs of the cards are brighter than the standard cards made for that year; and the fronts are glossy, but not the backs. So, does that mean these would be Tiffany parallels?

in my 2006 catalog of baseball cards, tiffany sets were identical to the regular sets except the white card stock and glossy finish. no mention of thicker stock but there are no parallel sets listed either. it might be the cards stock that the all star inserts are printed on.

senor rich, hi if they are tiffany's any of them lowend astros?

and fyi we can also use both the bk rockets barkley/rice you posted on our post lmk ty

uncle tiny..

If they are lighter colored on back and real glossy, then they are Tiffany. The traded sets have similar light backs, but are not anymore glossy than regular cards.

Sounds like you have Tiffany cards, but impossible to tell w/o pictures.