Closed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

easy mike

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I'm not sure where or how to post this. I've only been a member for a little over a year and have enjoyed it for the most part, but in the last 3 months I have answered several threads more than once and the persons who post the threads never never reply to me or anyone else, they just leave their threads to die. I'm just curious if others are having the same problem. With so many great traders on this site and several I've traded with a few times it irks me that some have no respect for other traders. I have notified a couple via PM of their actions and I try not to check their posts any more. Sorry about the babbeling. Hope things improve. Thanks Mike

Last edited:
I'm not sure where or how to post this. I've only been a member for a little over a year and have enjoyed it for the most part, but in the last 3 months I have answered several threads more than once and the persons who post the threads never never reply to me or anyone else, they just leave their threads to die. I'm just curious if others are having the same problem. With so many great traders on this site and several I've traded with a few times it irks me that some have no respect for other traders. I have notified a couple via PM of their actions and I try not to check their posts any more. Sorry about the babbeling. Hope things improve. Thanks Mike

I feel your pain as I have experienced it too. I kind of mentioned this in my pet peeve thread recently. It would be nice for people to respond back as common courtesy. I usually repost after a few days saying that I didn't get a reply to my post if the person has been on the site the past few days. And if no response after another few days, I'll send him/her a pm.

I have the same problem. It seems that some traders only answer posts
that they think will result in a trade. I ask for Derek Jeter for my PC. If
the trader has no Jeters, he simply ignors my post.

I am with you here. Even the trading is going downhill. I get people who send me damaged stuff and then claim it is my fault I didn't ask for the condition of every card in a 50 card lot. But yeah I am constantly getting a lack of response, even to direct PM's. It is kind of pathetic.

I am seeing this too. It disappoints me b/c I will get a response that someone may want certain cards i take the time to pull and then they never respond. I had only earlier in the year that wanted several cards, so I pulled them and responded to him but never heard back. This is def. one of my pet peeves on here.

It happens....I normally post a few bumps to the thread and then move on! I don't like getting pm spam....Just post it on the board and if I'm interested in it..I'll post on it. Best regards, David

Thanks for the responses guys, I hope some of the guys & gals who are guilty of this read these replys and change their ways a little.

I have noticed this is well. its unfortunate but its caused me to use this site a little less over the past few months. its not hard to reply to a pm with a simple no thanks.

I think sometimes it might because the email notification doesn't notify you. I know fairly recently I noticed someone post on a thread of mine and I didn't notice auntil the next day because I never got one.

I know I have been guilty of this hahaha

But there is usually a reason or excuse to why it happens:

1) Get busy at work and I can't check the site

2) Get busy with life and can't check the site

3) I'll have a bunch of threads and sometimes I miss one of them the other it gets due to the first two reasons so I miss them

4) Someone doesn't read my original post such as "Not buying" and they post "I'll sell for..." so I will ignore them no matter how many times they post to me because it was clearly bolded in the opening thread

I know these are all excuses but maybe they will shed some light onto what happens some times. I know trading is my hobby, and my life/job come first. Sometimes I need the PM from someone to remind me that they posted and i'll say sorry and then go check.

Hope this helps you out for reasons why this happens sometimes.