New Hall of Fame Suggestion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doc Dave

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
This may have been suggested and beaten down before, but I didn't see a thread, so....

I'd like to suggest that we create a Hall of Fame for the All-Time Great Cards. The Bench staff nominates say 20 cards and / or sets each year from the Big 4 sports and Benchies vote, with the top cards getting inductions (or something like that). It'd incite a certain amount of argument, certainly, but possibly also increased traffic and membership, especially if bloggers and maybe Beckett took note.

Best,
David

All-Time great overall. T206 Honus, Goudey Ruth, Mantle RC, etc. The Bench annual awards takes care of the others, right? That Topps list (http://vote.topps.com/) got me thinking that we could do better.

Correct, the Benchies takes care of the cards here that are owned. I was just getting clarification.

Interesting idea but I kind of see it as a one time thing instead of an ongoing process. Maybe a nice huge discussion/vote around our own top list of cards?

Correct, the Benchies takes care of the cards here that are owned. I was just getting clarification.

Interesting idea but I kind of see it as a one time thing instead of an ongoing process. Maybe a nice huge discussion/vote around our own top list of cards?

Nobody else is chiming in, so I'm guessing not much interest. Oh well. But thanks for considering it.

I like the idea also, espcially if it would drive good traffic to the site. It would be one thing to have a ton of new members that would move the site forward. It would be another thing all together if it made the MOD team's work harder trying to police a bunch of obnoxious new members that would spoil it.

I like the idea of enshrining one card or set per year or period(maybe every six months).

I would imagine, there would be some automatics to be "enshrined" without any voting, i.e. T206 Wagner, 52 Topps Mantle, 1948 Leaf Sammy Baugh, 1979-80 O-***-Chee Gretzky, 1984 Star Jordan....

I think it is a great idea!!! But with so many products out there, how about having a list of 5 cards per sport, per quarter...with the "quarterly winners" going to a "final ballot" for a year end vote.

Or do we just pool all the cards in one group??? Great idea, but definitely would need to have some kind of criteria...