Good way to display letterman nameplate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chaddie84

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I know a few members here have put together names to display. Any tips? I'm thinking about putting together a nameplate of Twins lettermen to spell out our newborn daughter's name, Kenna, and hang it up in the nursery. Are there premade frames for this on the market? If not, are there any good places to pickup supplies to build one? What did you use? Photos would be very helpful.

Thanks!
-Chad

I know a few members here have put together names to display. Any tips? I'm thinking about putting together a nameplate of Twins lettermen to spell out our newborn daughter's name, Kenna, and hang it up in the nursery. Are there premade frames for this on the market? If not, are there any good places to pickup supplies to build one? What did you use? Photos would be very helpful.

Thanks!
-Chad

Would also be curious as to how others have displayed these.

I most goto michaels and just get them framed, usually they have like 80% off frames there and its cheap to get them to frame them.

Hope this helps

Travis

Not sure if this would work or not. May ask my wife and she knows frames better then me.

Maybe get a frame whatever size you need. Then get a mat. Cut out the size of the lettermen in the mat. Then place the lettermen in the mat and then into the frame.

Michaels is a good place for your frame needs. They usually have 50% off of the premade frames and sometimes, at least here in Raleigh/Cary they have 60-70% off of custom framing. But that can get pretty expensive.

Hope this helps

I did it relatively cheaply at Michael's too, although I did it myself. I bought a basic black frame, 16"x20". (My wife and kids and I all have short names, thankfully.) Then I put each letter in a penny sleeve -- make sure the sleeves are identical, by the way; it's easier to just buy a fresh pack -- and lined them up how I wanted them on a white piece of backing board. Then I used the little photo mounting sticker squares, three on each sleeve, to line them up. Slap the glass back on the top, and voila! Instant wall hanging.

Thought I had a photo of it, but I don't; I'll take one tonight.