Review Gypsy Queen - MLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
TOPPS GYPSY QUEEN BASEBALL

The much anticipated 2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Baseball officially streets today (4/27) and overall the product looks great, but it has come to our attention that not all hobby boxes include the originally solicited 2 Autograph & 2 Relic guarantee (some contain 3 Relics & 1 Autograph). Any customer missing an autograph from their box will be taken care of. Please mail in the box’s UPC code to Topps to receive a Gypsy Queen replacement autograph card.

Please Send to:

The Topps Company Inc.

PO BOX 2036

Duryea, PA 18642

Thanks for the heads up on this. I was wondering in the two boxes i bought yesterday it didnt dawn on me till last night that I received one auto in each box. I figured the 1/1s were the make up for those.

Chris

There have been several threads about this on other message boards. This maybe a huge error on Topps' part. Not a good way to start a new product. Open 5 boxes, get shorted 5 autos. Those people will wind up with 5 hits per box technically after some hassle of sending for replacement with topps customer service. Should any buyer have to go through the hassle? I think most will just avoid the product and the headaches.

I also was shorted an Auto AND a GU'ed in my box. A while back there was a post about not having to send mail to them to replace cards. You could do it via email & scanning receipts. Is this no longer valid?

This really ticks me off! I spoke to a person on the phone at Topps last year about shorting relics and autos. They did not understand my point. It takes the chance of getting a 1/1 auto or relic away. I can't believe they would replace an auto or relic by sending me a 1/1 or a Ruth relic or something worth big $$$.
Anyone here ever get a "worthy while" replacement relic direct through the mail as a replacement from Topps? I'd really like to know.

My concern with this is that they're going to send replacement autos of last-minute additions that aren't as desirable as what was supposed to be in there.

All three of my autos that came out of three boxes (Gio Gonzalez x2, Andres Torres), aren't on the bottom of the box or the printed checklists.

I will 1st start off by saying topps may very well send out a bunch of mediocre replacement autos. With such a major blunder as this, they really should hook people up. To answer the question of has anyone ever recieved a good replacement from topps. While not the same situation, I have seen redemption cards that were never made, replaced with a better name players auto.